PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Herman Cain is forming 2012 exploratory committee

JohnEngland
12-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Former Godfathers Pizza chief executive Herman Cain says he’s definitely forming an exploratory committee — likely within the next several weeks — to test the waters for a possible Republican presidential run in 2012.

Cain, a radio talk show host and favorite of the Tea Party movement, confirmed the news in an interview with The Daily Caller. He suggested that a presidential campaign is likely, but said he hasn’t made a final decision.

“Bottom line is, all of the indicators and all of the benchmarks that I had laid out and we had laid out as a team are all moving in the direction of yes,” Cain said. “We haven’t gotten there yet, but we’re moving in that direction.”

http://dailycaller.com/2010/12/17/herman-cain-is-definitely-forming-2012-exploratory-committee/

Agorism
12-17-2010, 08:01 PM
They'll give the "minor" candidates maybe 2-3 minutes total in the debates. This guy will split up that time, and use it to attack Ron Paul since he knows he's not going to win anyways.

Just saying

Matt Collins
12-17-2010, 11:10 PM
He alluded to this at the SRLC and no one took him seriously. I guess he was indeed serious. He might get more support than one initially thinks, because he is black, and some will think that might be the GOP's solution to winning against Obama.

JohnEngland
12-18-2010, 05:42 AM
He alluded to this at the SRLC and no one took him seriously. I guess he was indeed serious. He might get more support than one initially thinks, because he is black, and some will think that might be the GOP's solution to winning against Obama.

Indeed. Some say this is how Steele got his position. After the 2008 election, the GOP wanted a new image to combat Obama and electing Steele would help represent that change.

So as for Cain, he may well get more support than expected. That's why I've been interested in following this character - he's an outsider that few are expecting, but could make some interesting ripples in the primaries.

QuinnR
12-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Herman is a very popular talk show host in Georgia, but elsewhere he is unknown. He is a man of character, so I have no problems with him being in the race. He's more conservative than most of the other candidates will be, but still has some NeoCon/Social Con leanings. Honestly, he's not a member of the establishment and the more outsiders in this race, the better America will be.

georgiaboy
12-18-2010, 10:19 AM
I've listened to Hermain off and on for a while, and I still can't peg him 100%. He speaks too much in platitudes and vagueness for me, like someone, well, running for office trying to be everything to everyone. He seems to be more guided by the winds of what's popular at the moment than by a set of foundational principles upon which he bases his decision-making. Like most new conservatives, he seems to be way too big gov't in the areas of foreign policy and national offense. Fiscally, he talks just okay, but if backed into a corner, would he waffle? I dunno, and I'm at this point lukewarm on his candidacy.

QR, I agree his character seems to be quite good. The positions he stakes out on issues just seems to leave a lot to interpretation and allow him too much wiggle room.

QuinnR
12-18-2010, 10:57 AM
^ Agreed, I wish he'd be more specific when it comes to his policy positions. We know he is more of an interventionist on foreign policy, but hopefully he could make up for that by showing that he's more fiscally conservative than Romney, Pawlenty etc...

RonPaulFanInGA
12-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Herman Cain couldn't cut it in the Senate primary here back in 2004, how's he going to cut it in a national election?

Anyone who lives within the range of WSB and has heard his radio show knows Cain is a HUGE Federal Reserve apologist. I've personally heard him going after Ron Paul a few times for not liking the Fed enough.

Matt Collins
12-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Herman Cain isn't running for President, he's running for Vice President (so is Huckabee).

libertybrewcity
12-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Herman Cain isn't running for President, he's running for Vice President (so is Huckabee).

that's what all the minor candidates do, or at least set themselves up for future presidential runs if they catch enough attention.

libertybrewcity
12-18-2010, 05:32 PM
i wonder how conservatives would react if they had to choose between two black candidates, obama and cain. not sure how some would take it...

Matt Collins
12-18-2010, 05:54 PM
i wonder how conservatives would react if they had to choose between two black candidates, obama and cain. not sure how some would take it...
Most "conservatives" I know wouldn't care. Have you ever heard of Col Allen West?

georgiaboy
12-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Recently Herman keeps saying he's quoting Ronald Reagan, who according to Cain said, "A strong offense is the best defense". Herman has begun repeating this quote frequently.

It makes me less trustful of Cain as a candidate I can support.

Did Reagan really say this? In what context? Did this set the modern GOP tone of foreign military national offense adventurism?

Matt Collins
01-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Presumed Presidential Candidate Herman Cain, who is also a shill for and former employee of the Federal Reserve, has come out on record of saying that "there is no need to audit the Federal Reserve"..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiAkeFJXwUk&feature=player_embedded

SOURCE:
http://www.tennesseesonsofliberty.com/2011/01/no-need-to-audit-federal-reserve.html

Romulus
01-04-2011, 01:20 PM
^ Booooooo!

trey4sports
01-04-2011, 01:41 PM
as bad as i hate to admit it.........

In small towns and rural areas racism is still alive.

Not in the sense of physical punishment but "racism" and judging someone by their skin color is still going on.

Matt Collins
01-04-2011, 03:12 PM
as bad as i hate to admit it.........

In small towns and rural areas racism is still alive.

Not in the sense of physical punishment but "racism" and judging someone by their skin color is still going on.
What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Matt Collins
01-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Herman Cain is a neocon according to Jack Hunter:
http://www.amconmag.com/larison/2011/01/18/herman-cain/