PDA

View Full Version : When will Ron Paul Announce?

The Dark Knight
12-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Lets hear your predictions of when you think Ron Paul will announce his candidacy for President 2012.
I think he will formally announce at CPAC and announce exploratory cmt. on January 11th.

Romulus
12-17-2010, 06:34 PM
You might be right and I sure hope it's that soon!

hazek
12-17-2010, 06:41 PM
He should do it on the 19th and give me a nice birthday present :)

RedBloodConservative
12-17-2010, 07:27 PM
He should do it on the 19th and give me a nice birthday present :)

LOL...

I think he will announce his exploratory committee the first friday of Janurary:)

And he will formally announce at CPAC

Matt Collins
12-17-2010, 11:07 PM
If one studies history you'll see he announced his EC back on January 11th 2007. However he has (unfortunately) gone on record saying he didn't think he would do an EC and would just jump straight into the campaign. He has also said he wants to wait and see who is in the field before he announces, which would mean spring, late spring.

A lot of people are trying to talk him into announcing as early as possible because Ron doesn't peak, he just keeps climbing. And the longer he runs, the better it is for us on the ground (there are lots of local elections in 2011 and 2012).

trey4sports
12-18-2010, 08:35 AM
If one studies history you'll see he announced his EC back on January 11th 2007. However he has (unfortunately) gone on record saying he didn't think he would do an EC and would just jump straight into the campaign. He has also said he wants to wait and see who is in the field before he announces, which would mean spring, late spring.

A lot of people are trying to talk him into announcing as early as possible because Ron doesn't peak, he just keeps climbing. And the longer he runs, the better it is for us on the ground (there are lots of local elections in 2011 and 2012).

Do you stand by your earlier prediction? That he will run barring any unforeseen shenanigans?

DFF
12-18-2010, 01:02 PM
A lot of people are trying to talk him into announcing as early as possible because Ron doesn't peak, he just keeps climbing.

well said, sir.

Matt Collins
12-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Do you stand by your earlier prediction? That he will run barring any unforeseen shenanigans?Yes, but I am not quite as confident at the moment since he gained a committee chair appointment. Given the media that he attained in the last few weeks from this I think takes some of the reason for him running out of the way. He has said that he wants to run and use his candidacy as a national soapbox to discuss issues, force dialog, raise the specter in debates, etc. Well he sort of now has that national soapbox in place.

I think he'll still do it, we are all moving in that direction as if he's going to run, and he even said "it's a 50-50 chance I'll run". He has given thought to his campaign already, when he would announce, etc. So he is thinking about it and I would say he's leaning towards it.

So yes I think he'll still do it, but I think he'll announce later than we would all like. Although prior to the committee appointment I was 100% sure he'd do it, now I'm more like 65% sure he'll do it.

RPgrassrootsactivist
12-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Yes, but I am not quite as confident at the moment since he gained a committee chair appointment. Given the media that he attained in the last few weeks from this I think takes some of the reason for him running out of the way. He has said that he wants to run and use his candidacy as a national soapbox to discuss issues, force dialog, raise the specter in debates, etc. Well he sort of now has that national soapbox in place.

The chairmanship will give him a greater opportunity to speak about monetary policy, but there is much more that needs to be said about other issues. He will clearly reach far more people if he runs for president. And he needs to announce early enough that he will be included in all of the debates, and so that his support base has time to prepare (e.g., for Ames).

Matt Collins
04-06-2011, 01:20 PM
My prediction is between April 15th and May 5th (or a couple of days following)

ItsTime
04-06-2011, 01:23 PM
My guess is before The View interview this month.

Austin
04-06-2011, 01:50 PM
My prediction is between April 15th and May 5th (or a couple of days following)

I'll narrow it down by a bit and say sometime between April 22nd and May 5th.

realtonygoodwin
04-06-2011, 02:13 PM
I have gone on record in several places saying I believe it will be around April 25 or 26.

PineGroveDave
04-06-2011, 02:22 PM
April 15th...Tax Day...That'd be perfect IMO considering his feelings toward the IRS.

Schueltar
04-06-2011, 10:24 PM
I think Tax Day this year is the 18th

PineGroveDave
04-07-2011, 07:40 AM
I think Tax Day this year is the 18th

Whenever Tax Day falls on, 15th or 18th, I still think it'd be a great day for him to announce.

RedLightning
04-07-2011, 10:21 AM
April 19th is a better date to announce.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Lexington_and_Concord

By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April’s breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood,
And fired the shot heard round the world.

The foe long since in silence slept;
Alike the conqueror silent sleeps;
And Time the ruined bridge has swept
Down the dark stream which seaward creeps.

On this green bank, by this soft stream,
We set to-day a votive stone;
That memory may their deed redeem,
When, like our sires, our sons are gone.

Spirit, that made those spirits dare,
To die, and leave their children free,
Bid Time and Nature gently spare
The shaft we raise to them and thee.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

SimpleName
04-07-2011, 11:55 AM
April 19th is a better date to announce.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Lexington_and_Concord

Absolutely perfect. Tax day is great too, but April 19th really sends the message home. Anyone else sick of waiting for him to announce? I'm really sick of all of them waiting to announce. RUN OR DONT!

Tim724
04-07-2011, 11:57 AM
From Lewrockwell.com's blog:

2012: ‘Rand will jump in after Ron demurs’
That’s what a savvy MSM political observer, in a position to know, tells me.

Posted by Lew Rockwell on April 7, 2011 10:46 AM