PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a simple response for a simple Neo-Con?

Chieppa1
12-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Talking about how American would be more educated if people waited to go to college....

"forget 2 years of work...follow the isreal model...2 year in the military for everyone...no exceptions...then first 2 years of college covered by the GOV as a thank you for military service, then you make your own way....not only would you get more mature students, but you also get more sound military policy (because everyones kid serves) and if the isreal modeal holds true, you also get a lot entrepeneurship"

All I can think to do is facepalm and slap the person.....

emazur
12-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Try this:
Mandatory conscription means that your life belongs to the state, something that anyone who supports limited government should oppose. I'm quite proud that America, built on the foundation of being the land of the free and the home of the brave, has an all-volunteer military. And the state may say it's "only" for 2 years one day, and bump that up to 4 the next. And military service should not be used as a gateway to college, when in America there are already 17 million college grads that do work requiring a high-school diploma or less

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1olNAExysLE

malkusm
12-17-2010, 02:11 PM
This entire theory is predicated on the notion that the government owns you and may make decisions for you concerning your livelihood.

Ask this person if they think the government should also be able to tell you that your money must go to welfare for illegals or to save the environment. When they get angry, point out that it's exactly the same concept: "government knows best."

oyarde
12-17-2010, 02:15 PM
This is America . All volunteer military is the way to go.

Chieppa1
12-17-2010, 02:32 PM
I was gonna mention how the only way Israel could afford to do that was with our tax dollars...

Chieppa1
12-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Answer I received: I have my doubts about whether the Supreme Court would agree with your reading of the Constitution. Fortunately, it doesn't look like we'll find out if I'm right or wrong any time soon.

My answer: I have my doubts that the Supreme Court would agree with me also.

fisharmor
12-17-2010, 03:24 PM
"forget 2 years of work...follow the 1984 model...2 year in the military for everyone...no exceptions...then they find you a spouse, with a wedding and child support covered by the GOV as a thank you for military service, then you make your own way....not only would you get more mature parents, but you also get more sound military policy (because everyones kid serves) and if the 1984 modeal holds true, you also get a lot more parenting."

Ask him why this argument doesn't make just as much sense.

Chieppa1
12-17-2010, 03:29 PM
These are the people who consider themselves part of the Tea Party. Its amazing to me.

amy31416
12-17-2010, 03:49 PM
It just dawned on me that it's quite possible that this might be part of the reason that so many Israelis seem to lack normal human compassion. Those two years in the military are probably the finishing touches on their indoctrination, along with pushing a militant attitude towards the rest of the world (especially their neighbors.)

They're taught that everyone's out to get them, the whole world wants to throw them in the ovens, and it's constantly reinforced that everyone, especially Arabs/Muslims hates them an extra-special amount (probably because they aren't as good and as smart, etc.), and that it's better to get them before they get you. And anyone who tells you otherwise either hates you and wants to see you exterminated, is profoundly naive or is a self-hating Jew.

Well duhhh....sorry about the off-topic post, but it really hadn't occurred to me that their indoctrination in gov't propaganda likely extended to their military service. Which seems to be getting worse with the addition of the insane "scorched Earth" type rabbis who are a big part of it.

The Israeli gov't has their people practically imprisoned in fear from cradle to grave. And Jewish mothers probably don't help much either. (Oy! Ya never cawll, ya nevah write--don't ya love ya mothah? Just put a knife in my heart already! Kill me now!)

Seriously though, what a shitty way to "live."

specsaregood
12-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Answer I received: I have my doubts about whether the Supreme Court would agree with your reading of the Constitution. Fortunately, it doesn't look like we'll find out if I'm right or wrong any time soon.

My answer: I have my doubts that the Supreme Court would agree with me also.

The supreme court previously ruled that "conscription" was constitutional. But they didn't use the constitution to back it up; but rather referred to the contemporary practices of other empires around the world.

oyarde
12-17-2010, 04:05 PM
It just dawned on me that it's quite possible that this might be part of the reason that so many Israelis seem to lack normal human compassion. Those two years in the military are probably the finishing touches on their indoctrination, along with pushing a militant attitude towards the rest of the world (especially their neighbors.)

They're taught that everyone's out to get them, the whole world wants to throw them in the ovens, and it's constantly reinforced that everyone, especially Arabs/Muslims hates them an extra-special amount (probably because they aren't as good and as smart, etc.), and that it's better to get them before they get you. And anyone who tells you otherwise either hates you and wants to see you exterminated, is profoundly naive or is a self-hating Jew.

Well duhhh....sorry about the off-topic post, but it really hadn't occurred to me that their indoctrination in gov't propaganda likely extended to their military service. Which seems to be getting worse with the addition of the insane "scorched Earth" type rabbis who are a big part of it.

The Israeli gov't has their people practically imprisoned in fear from cradle to grave. And Jewish mothers probably don't help much either. (Oy! Ya never cawll, ya nevah write--don't ya love ya mothah? Just put a knife in my heart already! Kill me now!)

Seriously though, what a shitty way to "live."

I do not know , but if I had to guess , if there is some lack of compassion , that would probably be instilled prior to the military service .

Elwar
12-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Remind him that we are not slaves.

libertybrewcity
12-17-2010, 04:39 PM
simple response?

"It's not constitutional"

*hands book Ron Paul Revolution: A Manifesto

libertybrewcity
12-17-2010, 04:40 PM

this too!

oyarde
12-17-2010, 04:44 PM

Afraid I am a tax slave .

TruckinMike
12-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Tip# 1037:

Attack a neo-con from the right. Show them how much of a leftist they are. Use History as a game winning move.

LibForestPaul
12-17-2010, 07:22 PM
All Americans should learn how to fire arms, make explosives, snipe. Blacks from the Bronx, Latino's from South LA, all American 18 yr old boys should learn such valuable skills. I am sure he will love that.

cindy25
12-17-2010, 07:31 PM
its always Israel excuse

so tell them their precious Israel allows gays in the military, has no death penalty, and has massive taxes.

Israel is right on the first two, but neo-cons wouldn't think so.

virgil47
12-17-2010, 07:38 PM
All Americans should learn how to fire arms, make explosives, snipe. Blacks from the Bronx, Latino's from South LA, all American 18 yr old boys should learn such valuable skills. I am sure he will love that.

Actually you are correct! This is exactly the type of training that the youth of America needs if there is any hope of them being truly free.

RonPaulCult
12-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Tip# 1037:

Attack a neo-con from the right. Show them how much of a leftist they are. Use History as a game winning move.

Exactly! This guy wants the federal government to pay for two years of college for all Americans? LIBERAL!

Romulus
12-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Tip# 1037:

That's how you do it! Maybe they'll question their ideals a little.

libertybrewcity
12-17-2010, 09:07 PM
you could just tell him to move to Israel.