PDA

View Full Version : Americans Will Need DHS Approval for Private Sector Jobs

ericsnow
12-16-2010, 08:20 PM
You’ve heard of no fly and no buy lists – get ready for no work lists. Millions of workers now must apply to the DHS and prove they are not terrorists in order to be granted permission by the government to work.

Construction workers in New York will need permission from the TSA and DHS in order to practice their profession and earn a living. It was much the same in the former Soviet Union and authoritarian states such as China where the government determines all aspects of an individual’s life and where even the mildly rebellious are severely punished.

- http://www.prisonplanet.com/americans-will-need-dhs-approval-for-private-sector-jobs.html

VBRonPaulFan
12-16-2010, 08:21 PM
next list, no buy guns list (even if you haven't committed a violent crime)

oyarde
12-16-2010, 08:25 PM
They need to give the Coast Guard to the Navy and dismantle Homeland Security .

TruckinMike
12-16-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm an owner-operator truck driver. The company that I leased onto required finger printing and DHS approval. And I had to pay for the background check and finger printing. This is common among the larger or specialized companies. I'm actually a bit concerned that I'll lose my lease during my next background check (Every four years).

After all, I am a Ron Paul supporter ya' know. :rolleyes:

TMike

HOLLYWOOD
12-16-2010, 08:53 PM
This government has gone Fascist Nazi insane.

Vessol
12-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Stuff like this was initially created to fight again illegal immigrants. We tried to tell the anti-immigration crowd that this would happen, but they wouldn't listen:rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
12-18-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm an owner-operator truck driver. The company that I leased onto required finger printing and DHS approval. And I had to pay for the background check and finger printing. This is common among the larger or specialized companies. I'm actually a bit concerned that I'll lose my lease during my next background check (Every four years).

TMike

TM - Take good look at who you made your payment to.

I'll wait.

QueenB4Liberty
12-18-2010, 08:45 PM
This is ridiculous.

Anti Federalist
12-18-2010, 08:49 PM
I know most folks don't give a shit about this, I've been raising hell about TWIC for years now, to mostly a collective yawn.

I cannot stress how important this issue is, from the fact that you pay your slave money for this card directly to the military/surveillance complex (yes, that's correct, you pay your money to Lockheed/Martin, not to the government, not to the DOT, not to the Treasury), or the corruption of James Loy who pushed this miserable piece of shit through congress then went on to sit on the board of Lockheed/Martin and become CEO of L1 (the same people who own L3, one of the two suppliers of the naked scanners), to the fact that TWIC, as written, can be denied for any reason the director deems necessary.

I've been hollering till I was hoarse that this is coming for every line of work out there, nothing will be exempt.

You won't just be denied the right to fly by being placed on some government list, you won't be able to have a job.

Then, in the immortal words of The Band you will be well and truly fucked:

I just spent 60 days in the jailhouse
For the crime of having no dough

Now here I am back out on the street
For the crime of having nowhere to go

QueenB4Liberty
12-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Yes, AF, I've noticed you've been posting about this subject for a long time now. I thought this was always the case though?

GunnyFreedom
12-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Bump to subscribe and keep an ear out for when this is posted elsewhere than PrisonPlanet. Its a good enough source for you and me (especially given AJ's breaking the MIAC story), but my legion of Facebook friends will need a more mainstream source or it will create issues. So I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for a more mainstream source in the hopes of sharing on FB.

That said, good find, and #@¢& those %@#* ^•#$%^#@¢&^$!!!

speciallyblend
12-18-2010, 10:19 PM
This government has gone Fascist Nazi insane.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^

Anti Federalist
12-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Bump to subscribe and keep an ear out for when this is posted elsewhere than PrisonPlanet. Its a good enough source for you and me (especially given AJ's breaking the MIAC story), but my legion of Facebook friends will need a more mainstream source or it will create issues. So I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for a more mainstream source in the hopes of sharing on FB.

That said, good find, and #@¢& those %@#* ^•#$%^#@¢&^$!!!

The union's website that is telling it's members that they will have to have a TWIC. (apparently SWAC was discontinued probably in favor of TWIC).

http://www.local361.com/SWAC-TWIC.html

Ask me anything you want to know about TWIC, I have to have one of these miserable pieces of shit.

Anti Federalist
12-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Yes, AF, I've noticed you've been posting about this subject for a long time now. I thought this was always the case though?

I'm sorry QB4, what was the case?

roho76
12-18-2010, 10:39 PM

TMike

Do you talk about RP on the radio? Are truckers receptive to his ideas? Sounds like a great format to talk about liberty. Your audience is constantly changing and a lot of them are owner/ops so in effect a small business owner.

GunnyFreedom
12-18-2010, 11:42 PM
The union's website that is telling it's members that they will have to have a TWIC. (apparently SWAC was discontinued probably in favor of TWIC).

http://www.local361.com/SWAC-TWIC.html

Ask me anything you want to know about TWIC, I have to have one of these miserable pieces of shit.

I just need a somewhat less controversial source that lays out the case in order to share with my middlin-large Facebook following.

heavenlyboy34
12-18-2010, 11:52 PM
I know most folks don't give a shit about this, I've been raising hell about TWIC for years now, to mostly a collective yawn.

I cannot stress how important this issue is, from the fact that you pay your slave money for this card directly to the military/surveillance complex (yes, that's correct, you pay your money to Lockheed/Martin, not to the government, not to the DOT, not to the Treasury), or the corruption of James Loy who pushed this miserable piece of shit through congress then went on to sit on the board of Lockheed/Martin and become CEO of L1 (the same people who own L3, one of the two suppliers of the naked scanners), to the fact that TWIC, as written, can be denied for any reason the director deems necessary.

I've been hollering till I was hoarse that this is coming for every line of work out there, nothing will be exempt.

You won't just be denied the right to fly by being placed on some government list, you won't be able to have a job.

Then, in the immortal words of The Band you will be well and truly fucked:

I just spent 60 days in the jailhouse
For the crime of having no dough

Now here I am back out on the street
For the crime of having nowhere to go

I agree, and applaud you for your efforts to bring that message to folks. I've seen this coming for a long time as well. The "fascism creep" has been going on for so long and at such a relatively slow pace, most people don't notice it. Every time I try to broach the subject with average folks, they blow me off. A lot of people are going to have to learn the horrors of fascist police statism the hard way.

Matt Collins
12-19-2010, 12:02 AM
AJ and InfoWars/ PP is not a credible source.

That being said, we already need approval from the federal government before we can attain employment. Try working for a company without providing a SSN or green card!

Anti Federalist
12-19-2010, 12:09 AM
AJ and InfoWars/ PP is not a credible source.

That being said, we already need approval from the federal government before we can attain employment. Try working for a company without providing a SSN or green card!

If InfoWars is good enough for Drudge's top headlines, it's more than good enough for me.

And a SS number doesn't come with real time monitoring of your life.

Get arrested and watch how fast your TWIC gets revoked.

Anti Federalist
12-19-2010, 12:28 AM
I agree, and applaud you for your efforts to bring that message to folks. I've seen this coming for a long time as well. The "fascism creep" has been going on for so long and at such a relatively slow pace, most people don't notice it. Every time I try to broach the subject with average folks, they blow me off. A lot of people are going to have to learn the horrors of fascist police statism the hard way.

Thanks HB, I'm trying, as is everybody else, but it's tough.

Sadly, like you said, most folks could care less.

Inflation
12-19-2010, 01:11 AM
This is great news.

The faster more people Go Galt and enlarge the underground economy, the faster Teh Empire will fall.

Having a real (but underground) economy surpass the official (but fake) zombie economy is what brought down the Soviet Union.

Starve the Beast!

Matt Collins
12-19-2010, 01:39 AM
If InfoWars is good enough for Drudge's top headlines, it's more than good enough for me.That's kind of a weak standard.

Drudge also links to CNN, CBS, MSNBC, Fox, NY Times, WSJ, ABC etc... Do you think they are credible sources of news? I certainly don't.

Promontorium
12-19-2010, 03:42 AM
next list, no buy guns list (even if you haven't committed a violent crime)

During the US Senate debate between Boxer and Fiorina, Fiorina was attacked for not supporting blanket banning everyone on the "No-Fly List" from buying a gun. Boxer didn't even know what the hell they were talking about and rattled off a response about not letting guns on planes. But yeah, the idea is in the system, when Boxer is promoting the idea, then it will be law.

Matt Collins
12-19-2010, 10:45 AM
During the US Senate debate between Boxer and Fiorina, Fiorina was attacked for not supporting blanket banning everyone on the "No-Fly List" from buying a gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJBZZKlvrP4

QueenB4Liberty
12-19-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm sorry QB4, what was the case?

That getting TWIC means you have to go through so much more bureaucratic hoops. Or maybe DHS wasn't involved before.

Anti Federalist
12-23-2010, 11:27 AM
That getting TWIC means you have to go through so much more bureaucratic hoops. Or maybe DHS wasn't involved before.

No, DHS was involved right from the start with TWIC.

As time goes by, the disqualifications that will keep you from getting a TWIC, and by extension, keeping your job, will become more intrusive and petty, while at the same time, jobs and sectors that government demands TWIC compliance will increase.

Bump, for what is probably one of the top five tyranny "issues" out there that nobody, not even Ron Paul, is talking about much.

fisharmor
12-23-2010, 11:57 AM
They need to give the Coast Guard to the Navy and dismantle Homeland Security .

Yes, they need to dismantle DHS (more like shoot it in the back of the head and throw it in a ditch on the NJ turnpike).
They can't give the CG to the Navy because of Posse Comitatus.
One of the five duties of the CG is law enforcement on the seas. They can't do that if they are an official branch of the military.
Now, if you argued in favor of removing that job from them (and *not reassigning it*), then it would make total sense to give them to the Navy.

Anti Federalist
12-23-2010, 12:00 PM
That's kind of a weak standard.

Drudge also links to CNN, CBS, MSNBC, Fox, NY Times, WSJ, ABC etc... Do you think they are credible sources of news? I certainly don't.

Tomato, tomatoe.

I think InfoWars has a lot more credibility than those "mainstream" sources you mentioned.

Anti Federalist
12-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Bump

james1906
12-27-2010, 01:48 AM
There's still some truck drivers in the Houston area who have no clue what a TWIC is.

Anti Federalist
12-27-2010, 02:03 AM
There's still some truck drivers in the Houston area who have no clue what a TWIC is.

If you have a HAZMAT endorsement, then you must have TWIC as well, IIRC.

Lucky bastards haven't had it tied to their CDL, yet.

Us mariners are FUBAR, you cannot hold a license of any rating without a TWIC.