PDA

View Full Version : As Senator Bunning retires let's remember him ripping Bernanke!

BamaFanNKy
12-16-2010, 10:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rka9VbPPMys

Love to have him back in office.

Sola_Fide
12-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Man, Bunning was solid...

BamaFanNKy
12-16-2010, 11:03 AM
He is solid.

Liberty_Mike
12-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Although Bunning wasn't great on everything, he still had the balls to challenge the establishment in Washington. Bunning is probably the best Senator we have had in the US within the past couple of decades. I am glad he supported Rand, and helped pave the way for Rand to win in 2010!

BamaFanNKy
12-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Although Bunning wasn't great on everything, he still had the balls to challenge the establishment in Washington. Bunning is probably the best Senator we have had in the US within the past couple of decades. I am glad he supported Rand, and helped pave the way for Rand to win in 2010!

Some of us are hoping he would primary Mitch McConnell. hahaha

Sola_Fide
12-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Some of us are hoping he would primary Mitch McConnell. hahaha

Hahaha

SWATH
12-16-2010, 01:05 PM
I ran in to him a couple of nights ago having dinner at Abuelos. In fact I think it was the night of or the night after he gave his farewell address.

Elwar
12-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Watching his farewell address he said that one of the things he was most proud of was passing a bi-partisan bill on Social Security to pay seniors retirement even if they were still working. He was proud of the fact that "this made it so that X million more people were receiving Social Security checks".

That doesn't seem like an accomplishment to me...

Matt Collins
12-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Any wonder that Mitch wanted him out?

BamaFanNKy
12-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Watching his farewell address he said that one of the things he was most proud of was passing a bi-partisan bill on Social Security to pay seniors retirement even if they were still working. He was proud of the fact that "this made it so that X million more people were receiving Social Security checks".

That doesn't seem like an accomplishment to me...

SS is one of those things that I have no problem paying if people paid into it.

Aratus
12-17-2010, 10:28 AM
i feel senator bunning is being quite logical about healthy seniors wanting to go at least part~time
due to the inflexible & limiting 'fixed income' checks via S.S that they have to budget very carefully and
why this hasn't been a fait accomplii done deal greatly neatly earlier. social security has its flaws...

crazyfacedjenkins
12-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Neo con trash.

Sola_Fide
12-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Neo con trash.

Eh.

I take the good with the bad. No one is as good as Ron (yet).

Aratus
12-17-2010, 11:33 AM
http://www.sfexaminer.com/blogs/beltway~confidential/2010/12/how-are-house-dems-different-jim-bunning do keep in mind FRANCE has had riots...

jim bunning has been logically consistant. we know in the next 20 to 30 years as the boomers age,
the fund goes bankrupt. this translates into a longer wait to retire or smaller checks, and even if we
do not go double~dip recession, the checks are lousy save for the ones cut to the very very very few.
a S.S check plus a part~time job translates into livable income verses catfood cuisine for many seniors.

BamaFanNKy
12-17-2010, 08:03 PM
http://www.sfexaminer.com/blogs/beltway~confidential/2010/12/how-are-house-dems-different-jim-bunning do keep in mind FRANCE has had riots...

jim bunning has been logically consistant. we know in the next 20 to 30 years as the boomers age,
the fund goes bankrupt. this translates into a longer wait to retire or smaller checks, and even if we
do not go double~dip recession, the checks are lousy save for the ones cut to the very very very few.
a S.S check plus a part~time job translates into livable income verses catfood cuisine for many seniors.

Agreed.