PDA

View Full Version : Poll: When should we have our first Moneybomb for Ron Paul 2012?

Elwar
12-16-2010, 09:19 AM
January poll found here:
http://www.theronpaulteaparty.com/

Currently winning: Jan 20 (2 years prior to Ron Paul's inauguration)

sailingaway
12-16-2010, 09:35 AM
We don't know when he will announce (assuming he does.)

There might be some benefit from saying 'a week from the day he announces', just so people keep their powder dry. Otherwise we will need to allow enough time so the people who donate spontaneously when they hear he's announced can recharge.

Just a thought. Otherwise, I don't see how we set a date until we wait so late he'll surely have announced, and he might need the money before then.

Yieu
12-16-2010, 09:51 AM
I do not think we will know what date is best until he announces, because we could end up seeing potential dates pass, or they could be suboptimal dates. Once he announces, we will be able to tell when a good time would be. If we get too anxious and do it too soon without enough rallying beforehand, we could be less impressed than we could have been with the results. Although speculating on many probable dates is something to do to pass time until he announces, the purpose of these is for maximum political effect. A few really big ones would turn more heads than tons of little ones throughout the year.

Elwar
12-16-2010, 09:55 AM
I figured I'd get a poll for each month to weigh the excitement for the different dates. So we can think ahead.

Yieu
12-16-2010, 10:12 AM
January might be a bit early. What about a Valentine's Day Lovebomb/Moneybomb honoring his positions on peace and bringing our troops home? Too many people would likely be busy that day though.

speciallyblend
12-16-2010, 10:13 AM
careless when he announces now since Ron Paul 2012 will happen in the gop or it will not happen,knowing the gop i figure i know the answer! I will be more then willing to donate money i don't have to Ron Paul or an Indy Candidate if the gop does what i expect!!

Yieu
12-16-2010, 10:22 AM
careless when he announces now since Ron Paul 2012 will happen in the gop or it will not happen,knowing the gop i figure i know the answer! I will be more then willing to donate money i don't have to Ron Paul or an Indy Candidate if the gop does what i expect!!

I wouldn't want to see others be discouraged from supporting Ron Paul because of statements like this. Sure, we know they've always worked against us and I understand your frustration, but it is a little abrasive. Are you in a bad mood? It wasn't long ago that you were telling everyone to register Republican and become a delegate or else they don't care about freedom. I'm not trying to criticize, you've made some great posts, but why be so against Ron Paul running all of a sudden? I know they'll try to block us, but if we have enough momentum then who knows what will happen.

speciallyblend
12-16-2010, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't want to see others be discouraged from supporting Ron Paul because of statements like this. Sure, we know they've always worked against us and I understand your frustration, but it is a little abrasive. Are you in a bad mood? It wasn't long ago that you were telling everyone to register Republican and become a delegate or else they don't care about freedom. I'm not trying to criticize, you've made some great posts, but why be so against Ron Paul running all of a sudden? I know they'll try to block us, but if we have enough momentum then who knows what will happen.

I am not against him running but i know what is coming in 2012 from the gop! I guess i am in a bad mood. We have lost everything, my wife is disabled. She has lost 50 pounds and the gop republicans/leaders are full of crap!!

Yieu
12-16-2010, 10:54 AM
I am not against him running but i know what is coming in 2012 from the gop! I guess i am in a bad mood. We have lost everything, my wife is disabled. She has lost 50 pounds and the gop republicans/leaders are full of crap!!

I understand your frustration, they've never worked with us in the past. But if we can get enough Ron Paul momentum going, they'll have no choice but to either look like shady backroom dealing dirty politicians working against the common Americans by trying to block him, or try to save face before it's too late and they're rendered irrelevant by supporting him at least marginally. We could see a President Paul in 2012... the political climate isn't the same as 2008. And that's our best bet for freedom, regardless of the party tag he runs under.

cswake
12-16-2010, 11:00 AM
I am not against him running but i know what is coming in 2012 from the gop! I guess i am in a bad mood. We have lost everything, my wife is disabled. She has lost 50 pounds and the gop republicans/leaders are full of crap!!:( On the bright side of things, so are the democrats? :)

speciallyblend
12-16-2010, 11:14 AM
:( On the bright side of things, so are the democrats? :)

thanks for the laugh. try to keep my head up!

erowe1
12-16-2010, 12:06 PM
If he puts up a website that accepts donations right away (which is probably unlikely, come to think of it), then I'd be for having the first money bomb be on the very day of his announcement.

Elwar
12-16-2010, 01:44 PM
If he puts up a website that accepts donations right away (which is probably unlikely, come to think of it), then I'd be for having the first money bomb be on the very day of his announcement.

The RunRonPaul.com site says "soon after Ron Paul has a campaign website up and running".

It'd be good though if the date we chose had some decent significance. The media love that kind of stuff.