PDA

View Full Version : Banking lobbyist rips Ron Paul and Republican attacks on the Federal Reserve

RonPaulFanInGA
12-15-2010, 09:19 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1210/46388.html

While the letter noted that the Fed’s independence must be preserved, Bartlett said the attacks on a Fed decision are the strongest and most overt in decades.

(snip)

Bartlett also criticizes the decision by GOP House leaders to elevate Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) to be chairman of the Financial Services subcommittee with jurisdiction over the Fed in the new Congress.

A libertarian whose quixotic campaign for president in 2008 attracted a large following of Web-savvy young people, Paul has said the Fed should be abolished and has called for auditing its policy decisions. He’s also pursued the discredited conspiracy theories that the Fed helped arm Saddam Hussein and finance the Watergate break-in.

Bartlett said that the financial stability of America is threatened when a political party tries as hard as the Republicans seem to be doing to challenge Fed decisions.

“If people get the idea that the Fed can be swayed, then it can’t be effective,” he said. “And we need the Fed to be effective.”

Elwar
12-15-2010, 09:23 AM
Quixotic!!! Wooo hooo!!!!

itshappening
12-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Amazing article... these scumbags are going down !

specsaregood
12-15-2010, 09:33 AM
The comments are encouraging.

low preference guy
12-15-2010, 09:53 AM
A libertarian whose quixotic campaign for president in 2008 attracted a large following of Web-savvy young people

that's pure awesome. who else has ever attracted a large following of Web-savvy young people?

hugolp
12-15-2010, 10:31 AM
“And we need the Fed to be effective.”

He is not lying there. They really need the Fed to be effective.

Matt Collins
12-15-2010, 10:40 AM
That's how they are going to fight us.... they are going to try and say "the Fed shouldn't be politicized"

Liberty4life
12-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Bartlett said that "the financial stability of America is threatened when a political party tries as hard as the Republicans seem to be doing to challenge Fed decisions."

Correction an unconstitutional Fed decision

“If people get the idea that the Fed can be swayed, then it can’t be effective,” he said. “And we need the Fed to be effective.”

Unconstitutional Fed to be effective

The death throes begin..

Captain Shays
12-15-2010, 02:16 PM
I will NEVER forget what politico did the day after Ron Paul won the first televised debate. They have absolutely no credibility with me. "Web savvy" my ass! That's their way of saying that Ron Paul only won because we all voted 1,000 times each. Even after we raised $4.3 million and then only one month later raised another $6.5 million all from average contributions of $50 they STILL trumpet that old lie "a few web savvy supporters". Kiss my hairy butt politico you worthless sub human pieces of dog crap.

teacherone
12-15-2010, 02:25 PM
what'd they do?

I will NEVER forget what politico did the day after Ron Paul won the first televised debate. They have absolutely no credibility with me. "Web savvy" my ass! That's their way of saying that Ron Paul only won because we all voted 1,000 times each.

JoshLowry
12-15-2010, 02:30 PM
what'd they do?

I remember it being the day after the second debate.

Vandehei didn't even care to look at the issue, he instead decided to fellate Giuliani in front of millions of viewers. That says a lot.

http://mediamatters.org/research/200705160009

From the May 16 edition of CNN's American Morning: (Vandehei is co-founder and executive editor of Politico)

VANDEHEI: I thought Rudy Giuliani came off terrific, mostly because he got that softball, where Ron Paul lobs it to him and basically blames the U.S. for the 9-11 attacks.

ROBERTS: Let's take a quick look at that and then you can keep going on that. Take a look.

PAUL: They attack us because we've been over there; we've been bombing Iraq for 10 years.

GIULIANI: That's an extraordinary statement, as someone who lived through the attack of September 11, that we invited the attack because we were attacking Iraq. I don't think I've ever heard that before, and I've heard some pretty absurd explanations for September 11th.
[end video clip]

ROBERTS: So, Giuliani, in the California debate that you were at, was criticized for kind of not showing the type of, you know, heavily, sharply focused leadership that he is well known for, obviously taking that opportunity there.

VANDEHEI: You can't buy opportunities like that in politics.[B] I mean, this is a guy whose entire campaign is based on, "I can keep you safe, I'm the 9-11 warrior." And here he's able to, you know, stand up in front of this Republican audience and say, "That's absurd. Withdraw your remark." It was great TV.

ROBERTS: Ron Paul -- lob ball, and boom.

VANDEHEI: You dream of those moments when you're a candidate, that's for sure.

ROBERTS: Yeah, absolutely.