PDA

View Full Version : Time Person of the Year - Mark Zuckerberg!?!?!

Thrashertm
12-15-2010, 09:11 AM
I think Time chose him simply to create controversy. This is obviously a complete farce, perhaps an even bigger joke than when Time chose Rudy G over Bin Laden after 9/11.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/0,28757,2036683,00.html

Thomas
12-15-2010, 09:13 AM
wtf! Julian Assange assholes! >:{

brandon
12-15-2010, 09:19 AM
But there was a movie made about him!!!!

TonySutton
12-15-2010, 09:26 AM
If they were going to name Mark Zuckerburg shouldn't they have done it a couple of years ago when Facebook first boomed into the internet consciousness. This is kind of like saying nothing important happened in 2010 so we are going to look back in time to name someone we missed.

HOLLYWOOD
12-15-2010, 09:40 AM
He donated $100 million to Newark, NJ's school system, because Facbook has been around for years... right MySpace?

I presume he needed a BS tax write-off.

Yeah, TIME has always been a rigged POS omerta controlled media print.

acptulsa
12-15-2010, 09:44 AM
I think Time chose him simply to create controversy.

Always. Makes their fans feel oh so sophisticated when they hear people whine about the jackass. That's why they chose Hirohito in the Thirties, and that has been a motivation ever since.

But there was a movie made about him!!!!

So, of course, he must be of vital importance to the nation! :rolleyes:

I presume he needed a BS tax write-off.

Getting a tax break for one's spin control--ain't America grand?

tangent4ronpaul
12-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Liberman must have called and threatened them.

Might be embarrassing to prosecute someone for what he's just been honored for, and the gvmt doesn't do embarrassing. The gvmt is never wrong.

-t

TheeJoeGlass
12-15-2010, 01:05 PM
I think it was the right choice considering what FB has become. It's both, good and evil. I'd say the effects of FB while still unknown, are very alarming.

Daamien
12-15-2010, 01:29 PM
They don't have the balls to choose Julian Assange because they fear reprisal and think it may be bad for business, yet back in the 30s they chose Hitler and Stalin. This just further shows us how inept media has become in the US and why WikiLeaks and new forms of media are so necessary to expose the truth.

UtahApocalypse
12-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Just canceled my subscription. They have lost any credibility they almost had

ronaldo23
12-15-2010, 01:44 PM
time lost all credibility after the 2006 person of the year was "you".

MelissaCato
12-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Ron Paul !!!
Or Mick Vick !!!
Why can't ever be a group photo ¿

Go Go Philadelphia !!

DamianTV
12-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Why wouldnt the MSM hail another that flat out is assassinating privacy?

Maximus
12-15-2010, 02:21 PM

This is why I don't think Zuckerburg should have got it. That one was all about social media, including Facebook.

Seraphim
12-15-2010, 02:29 PM

They lost all credibilty when they named Stalin and Hilter, Man of the Year, 3 times between the two of them over a 5 or 6 year period.

Daamien
12-15-2010, 02:36 PM
They lost all credibilty when they named Stalin and Hilter, Man of the Year, 3 times between the two of them over a 5 or 6 year period.

This isn't a peace prize. It's supposed to reflect on who has changed the world the most for better or worse in one year. Time's choices of Hitler and Stalin as Person of the Year were logical for their respective years. Zuckerburg is not the logical choice for 2010.

kahless
12-15-2010, 02:49 PM
He has accomplished something that every facist regime and dictator has wanted throughout history of the world but could not ever accomplish. Amazing the media never mentions the early controversy of their funding by a venture capitalist firm with connections to CIA.

When this news hit the internet as the site was in it's in fancy the common theme was who in their right mind would use this tool considering the questionable funding and danger in providing such a vast amount of your personal information. So who would have thought considering this information, regardless of this information and just using common sense that it would have been embraced by millions.

tangent4ronpaul
12-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Time clarified why they did not pick Assange. They said they viewed him and WikiLeaks as having potential impact, but that that impact hadn't really happened yet. That makes more sense as to why they waited till now to pick the founder of Facebook.

-t

agar
12-15-2010, 08:59 PM
They don't have the balls to choose Julian Assange because they fear reprisal and think it may be bad for business, yet back in the 30s they chose Hitler and Stalin. This just further shows us how inept media has become in the US and why WikiLeaks and new forms of media are so necessary to expose the truth.

Man of the Year is chosen based on news worthiness, not character. That's why Hitler and Stalin were chosen...they made news.

What is interesting though is that the Stalin choice in 1944 was a love letter/puff piece that glorified Stalin. You should be able to find it by googling.

BarryDonegan
12-15-2010, 09:04 PM
While there might have been some better people to feature, as a businessman, Mark Zuckerberg has created lots of prosperity. There are some privacy issues that arise in Facebook, but none, save those that might occur due to the government coming in and stealing data (which happens to every large service provider of any kind thanks to recent laws), aren't avoidable per your own user behavior and are consented to or not during the process of signing up. I think Facebook is a really good online service that can be used responsibly by anyone. That said, don't remain logged in on Facebook when you are doing other things online, as it will record that information and sell it to advertisers. However, you can always just remain logged into your gmail and FB accounts when shopping so that your advertisements will actually save you time you would otherwise spend shopping.

I don't really understand the demonization of Facebook that goes on, as it is really the top social media site right now for a lot of reasons. It provides unique functionality in a lot of important ways.

Marenco
12-15-2010, 09:37 PM
There is more to the story of Facebook than meets the eye.

Facebook - the CIA conspiracy:

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=12685

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B37wW9CGWyY

Inflation
12-15-2010, 09:38 PM
What a great choice!

Who could be more important than the person who created MySpace 2.0? It's the #1 site on the internet (for American airheads) after all.

Maybe next year, the founder of Groupon will be Person of the Year! Or perhaps it will be Perez Hilton?

Marenco
12-15-2010, 09:45 PM
http://goldnews.bullionvault.com/files/bernanke_time_1.png

Jordan
12-15-2010, 09:48 PM
There is more to the story of Facebook than meets the eye.

Facebook - the CIA conspiracy:

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=12685

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B37wW9CGWyY

:eek:

I knew there was something going on when my Facebook URL was http://www.facebook.com/my10digitsocialsecuritynumber

Thanks for filling me in, got any YouTubes about airplanes and skyscrapers?

Marenco
12-15-2010, 10:13 PM
:eek:

I knew there was something going on when my Facebook URL was http://www.facebook.com/my10digitsocialsecuritynumber

Thanks for filling me in, got any YouTubes about airplanes and skyscrapers?

The video merely mentions some of the information that was also said in the New Zealand Herald(largest newspaper circulation in New Zealand).

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10456534

brandon
12-15-2010, 10:46 PM
oh my god facebook targets ads at me based on what I like? Facebook is my right and I demand free access! Who do they think they are to save the information I voluntarily give them!!!

amy31416
12-15-2010, 11:13 PM
Time's "Person of the Year" is about as meaningful as the Nobel Peace Prize.

Just an ego trip...who cares? Who even buys Time Magazine anymore...the only place I see it is in doctor's offices, and the issues are about 3 years old.

Romulus
12-15-2010, 11:16 PM
It's really a brilliant system, in the folks freely give up all kinds of valuable information. However, it still can be used to our advantage.

Marenco
12-15-2010, 11:29 PM
It can be Romulus.

kahless
12-16-2010, 06:44 PM
While there might have been some better people to feature, as a businessman, Mark Zuckerberg has created lots of prosperity. There are some privacy issues that arise in Facebook, but none, save those that might occur due to the government coming in and stealing data (which happens to every large service provider of any kind thanks to recent laws), aren't avoidable per your own user behavior and are consented to or not during the process of signing up. I think Facebook is a really good online service that can be used responsibly by anyone. That said, don't remain logged in on Facebook when you are doing other things online, as it will record that information and sell it to advertisers. However, you can always just remain logged into your gmail and FB accounts when shopping so that your advertisements will actually save you time you would otherwise spend shopping.

I don't really understand the demonization of Facebook that goes on, as it is really the top social media site right now for a lot of reasons. It provides unique functionality in a lot of important ways.

I suppose it is a wait and see what happens when the day comes for you to submit to your local re-education training camp due to comments you posted in these and other forums. Your opinion may then change since you will have no friends or family to hide out with since you gave all that information to Facebook. (a tool of government whether willingly or unwillingly).

There were allot of these sites around when they started up. The reason why this one was the success was likely due to being started at a prestigious university such as Harvard and the exposure it provides. This as well providing connections to various VC firms such as those connected with the US government.

Years ago boards like this I was on laughed at the prospect of Facebook amounting to anything due to where the money was coming from. People at the time really under estimated the knowledge of history and trust people have for government.

With that said, what these combination of groups accomplished has surpased the efforts and wishes of every dictator and government in the history of the world.

timosman
10-01-2017, 09:04 AM
I think Time chose him simply to create controversy. This is obviously a complete farce, perhaps an even bigger joke than when Time chose Rudy G over Bin Laden after 9/11.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/0,28757,2036683,00.html

It seems this part of the story went unnoticed:

The door opened, and a distinguished-looking gray-haired man burst in — it's the only way to describe his entrance — trailed by a couple of deputies. He was both the oldest person in the room by 20 years and the only one wearing a suit. He was in the building, he explained with the delighted air of a man about to secure ironclad bragging rights forever, and he just had to stop in and introduce himself to Zuckerberg: Robert Mueller, director of the FBI, pleased to meet you.

They shook hands and chatted about nothing for a couple of minutes, and then Mueller left. There was a giddy silence while everybody just looked at one another as if to say, What the hell just happened?

The article does not answer the question.:cool:

Raginfridus
10-01-2017, 10:08 AM
Robert Mueller will save America like ‘Batman,’ former FBI colleague says (http://nypost.com/2017/05/21/robert-mueller-will-save-america-like-batman-former-fbi-colleague-says/)
(http://nypost.com/2017/05/21/robert-mueller-will-save-america-like-batman-former-fbi-colleague-says/)
http://cdn.internetmarketinginc.com/assets/20100326180242/fbi-facebook-add-as-friend1.png

ACLU Opposes Extension Of FBI Director Robert Mueller’s Term (https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-opposes-extension-fbi-director-robert-muellers-term)

FBI Director Robert Mueller should be thanked for his public service during an extraordinarily challenging period in American history. However, the FBI’s significant misuse of its authorities under the USA Patriot Act and the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, the infiltration of mosques, the abuse of the material witness statute, the FBI surveillance of peaceful groups with no evidence of criminal wrongdoing and the mishandling of the FBI watch list have raised significant civil liberties concerns.

It was for good reason that Congress chose to limit the tenure of future FBI directors. By setting a 10-year term, Congress sought to protect both the FBI director from undue political influence and our democratic institutions from allowing an unelected official to hold the power to examine the lives of Americans, including political leaders, for longer than is appropriate.

CEO of the world's largest, voluntary information gathering network was just anointed by the man who'd prosecuted the War on Terror for 12 years.

timosman
10-01-2017, 10:17 AM
CEO of the world's largest, voluntary information gathering network was just anointed by the man who'd prosecuted the War on Terror for 12 years.

They both had offices in the same building so no surprises there.:cool:

timosman
03-13-2019, 09:58 AM
Bump for Robert Mueller who just happened to be in the Facebook building during the interview. :tears:

timosman
08-04-2019, 07:34 PM
A final bump for Mueller.

showpan
08-04-2019, 08:46 PM
It makes perfect sense since Time is now owned by Marc Benioff of Saleforce....another analytical company exploiting the mass amount of data FB collects.