PDA

View Full Version : The Humble Indie Bundle #2

Vessol
12-14-2010, 09:07 PM
I thought I'd post this out here for the gamers here as well as to start a conversation about the ideas being presented here.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Basically, in the bundle is 5 games. All indie games that are added by their developers.

You then choose how much you want to pay for them. The developers don't price them, you do!

You then choose how much of a percentage you would like going to the developers and the charities involved.

I decided to pay 10$ for the bundle and gave 50% to the developers and 50% to Child's Play. I chose Child's Play because it is one of my favorite charities, and the EFF is primarily a political organization, not a charity(IMO at least).

Check it out and talk about it! From a marketing standpoint, I think it's pretty freaking awesome.

nayjevin
12-14-2010, 09:15 PM
That is awesome.

emazur
12-14-2010, 09:25 PM
I bought the first bundle mainly for Aquaria, similar to the Echo the Dolphin series. Great game w/ excellent music though it's pretty tough

2young2vote
12-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Yes, this is awesome. I got the first one too. This is a great idea, although i don't know if this is something that could be applied to all games. Special occasions like this probably make it work. Call me cheap, but i got them both for $1.00. It is about 100 times the amount that i could have paid and I wouldn't have ever bought any of these games anyways.