PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul needs to announce his candidacy NOW! First GOP NH debates scheduled for June

Anti Federalist
12-14-2010, 08:44 PM
First New Hampshire Republican Primary Debate Set for June

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/12/14/first-new-hampshire-republican-primary-debate-set-for-june/

New Hampshire voters looking forward to the first presidential debate for the 2012 Republican primary need only wait six months: it's been set for Tuesday, June 7, 2011 in Manchester.

The candidate showdown, one of the earliest in the election season, will be sponsored by the New Hampshire Union Leader, WMUR-TV, and CNN. It will be aired live on the two TV networks, and live video streams will be offered on CNN.com and WMUR.com, according to a Tuesday press release.

The exact location and time have not been announced.

"CNN is thrilled to again be working with the Union Leader and WMUR to produce a New Hampshire debate," Sam Feist, CNN's political director and vice president of Washington programming, said in the statement. "New Hampshire's unique role in the presidential nominating process will make this first New Hampshire debate a critical event of the 2012 presidential campaign."

The New Hampshire event won't be the first debate of the primaries. Last month, the Reagan Presidential Foundation said it would kick off the election season by hosting a panel of GOP presidential candidates in the spring.

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2010, 08:47 PM
+1 +rep

Anti Federalist
12-14-2010, 08:49 PM
+1 +rep

Gawd, I wish he had announced already.

Once more Ron! For freedom!

Tinnuhana
12-14-2010, 08:50 PM
No!! Not 07 June. I don't get home till around the 21st. They should have a debate at PorcFest.

Anti Federalist
12-14-2010, 08:56 PM
No!! Not 07 June. I don't get home till around the 21st. They should have a debate at PorcFest.

Well, the way things are shaping up for me, I'll probably be unemployed and homeless by then, so I'll go in your place.

;)

RonPaulFanInGA
12-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Definitely feels like a missed opportunity with the December 16th money bomb.

ctiger2
12-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Too early. Patience. I say Jan/Feb 2011 depending on the economy.

Anti Federalist
12-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Definitely feels like a missed opportunity with the December 16th money bomb.

That ^^^

I was really hoping for a 1 December announcement.

muzzled dogg
12-14-2010, 09:21 PM
mark ya calendars

Uriel999
12-14-2010, 09:31 PM
June 7 is perfect! That's my birthday! Ron gimme the best birthday evvvarrrr! Be in NH at the debate and win!

TXcarlosTX
12-14-2010, 09:37 PM
When Ron Paul announces the world is going to be turned upside down!!! The great thing is that RPF's and DailyPaul will be headquarter central for all operations. HA!!!

agar
12-14-2010, 10:26 PM
He needs to let Rands campaign people do some strong ads. Ron's 2008 ads were corny and ineffective IMO.

Anti Federalist
12-14-2010, 10:56 PM
He needs to let Rands campaign people do some strong ads. Ron's 2008 ads were corny and ineffective IMO.

What??

"He's catching on, I'm tellin' ya".

What's wrong with that??

LoL

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2010, 10:56 PM
What??

"He's catching on, I'm tellin' ya".

What's wrong with that??

LoL

"In your heart, you know he's right."

Anti Federalist
12-14-2010, 11:21 PM

Vote for Ron. We know where you live!

;)

Monarchist
12-14-2010, 11:29 PM

;)

YES!

I can't believe it's almost that time again...

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2010, 11:30 PM

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8EjQrrsZIU

RileyE104
12-14-2010, 11:52 PM
No way, this is too soon and even Ron knows it.

I'd say April or May in 2011 - FOR quite a few reasons.

1) By then, he will most likely have achieved some results from his new subcommittee.

2) His book comes out in April. Wait for it to hit the market - let it become a bestseller so he gets a lot of attention.

There's no reason to rush.

Eric21ND
12-15-2010, 02:09 AM
When Ron Paul announces the world is going to be turned upside down!!! The great thing is that RPF's and DailyPaul will be headquarter central for all operations. HA!!!

And I'm a big deal here :)

Anti Federalist
12-15-2010, 01:58 PM
////

Ekrub
12-15-2010, 03:16 PM

Of course that sets up the "In your heart, you know he's nuts" reply.

GunnyFreedom
12-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Of course that sets up the "In your heart, you know he's nuts" reply.

LOL that was intended to demonstrate that RP wasn't the first person of our platform to come up with a corny tagline. The Barry Goldwater for President campaign used "In your heart, you know he's right."

itshappening
12-15-2010, 03:44 PM
he should announce no later than April...

ItsTime
12-15-2010, 03:49 PM
No way, this is too soon and even Ron knows it.

I'd say April or May in 2011 - FOR quite a few reasons.

1) By then, he will most likely have achieved some results from his new subcommittee.

2) His book comes out in April. Wait for it to hit the market - let it become a bestseller so he gets a lot of attention.

There's no reason to rush.

This. If anything announce a little late to gain the momentum up to the debates.

virgil47
12-15-2010, 04:07 PM
This. If anything announce a little late to gain the momentum up to the debates.

If he waits until late April or May he very likely will not be invited to the debates in June. If he is not invited he will be trying to play catch up right up to election time as any other debates that are scheduled may well take their list of candidates from the June debates.

Liberty_Mike
12-15-2010, 04:25 PM
When do you think other candidates will start announcing? January? Should Ron wait until others make a move to announce? Should he be the first one to do it? Etc?

WilliamShrugged
12-15-2010, 04:33 PM
He should announce on Jan 6 (my B-day) if that happens my excitement level will be as comparable as these guys...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXasCjUTNpE&feature=related

aravoth
12-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Too early. Patience. I say Jan/Feb 2011 depending on the economy.

this

Anti Federalist
12-15-2010, 04:50 PM
If he waits until late April or May he very likely will not be invited to the debates in June. If he is not invited he will be trying to play catch up right up to election time as any other debates that are scheduled may well take their list of candidates from the June debates.

That ^^^

C'mon guys, you know they are just itching for any excuse to exclude Ron anyway.

Let's not give it to them, I say.

runningdiz
12-15-2010, 06:36 PM
If he announced now nobody would care it's the holidays. He will announce in Feb or March. He is a reluctant candidate. That must be kept in mind.

RileyE104
12-15-2010, 08:53 PM
That ^^^

C'mon guys, you know they are just itching for any excuse to exclude Ron anyway.

Let's not give it to them, I say.

Ya, but in my opinion the establishment are WAITING for Ron to make his announcement so they can start attacking him on TV instead of playing all nice like they have been doing. It gives them an excuse to say they aren't playing 'favoritism' with a presidential candidate, even though they do it with all of THEIR favorite picks.

Ron needs to make a strategic and I would even go as far as to say SURPRISE announcement.

The way I see it, the end of April is the perfect time:

1) By then he will most likely have made some success in his new subcommittee.

2) The release of his book in mid-April will start to build momentum for his candidacy; ESPECIALLY if it becomes a bestseller.

3) He will make it just in time for the first Republican debate in early May.

I really feel there is no need for an early announcement.

He is already widely known and most people are expecting him to run anyways. The sheeple who don't know him will learn about him when they watch the debates.

The 'education' campaign is over. It's time for a serious IN-IT-TO-WIN-IT campaign.

No more talk about the drug war, etc. He needs to make the soul purpose of his campaign about the dollar, the debt, cutting taxes and cutting spending. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY we are going to prevent the bastard leadership and media-outlets of both parties from calling him a kook like they did last time.

EDIT: When I say no more talk about the drug war, I just mean he needs to be more 'cryptic' with his wording, like his SON who just WON A SENATE SEAT, did. We all know cutting spending means dwindling down the drug war and the overseas wars and policing we are involved it; BUT to be blunt, THE RETARDED AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE STILL NOT READY TO HEAR THAT! That is why I say Ron needs to be more 'cryptic' in his wording when talking about cutting spending.