PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul was on CNN Situation Room

Immortal Technique
12-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Ill post the youtube after its recorded, they mentioned going to commercial break they will be talking about the Fed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecDef_mewSA&feature=player_embedded#!

Matt Collins
12-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Tate was right when he told me that they can't keep Ron off of TV as of late.

Matt Collins
12-14-2010, 05:31 PM
CRAP!!! They just did like a 2 minute segment on Ron's history against the fed even playing clips from the Rally for the Republic. Now they are interviewing him live!

torchbearer
12-14-2010, 05:34 PM
tube or didn't happen.

specsaregood
12-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Dr. Paul has got to be one of the most well recognized congressman around by now.

pacelli
12-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Ouch, she's really going after Paul.

Matt Collins
12-14-2010, 05:40 PM
That was awesome!

HOLLYWOOD
12-14-2010, 05:40 PM
How many questions can you pack in 5 minutes... talk about rapid fire

QueenB4Liberty
12-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Can't wait for the tubes!!!

Matt Collins
12-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Ron said that the feds had helped bring down Wikileaks, and she tried to correct him saying that the US government hadn't claimed responsibility for that, and he laughed in her face and said "well the government doesn't always tell the truth"..

I nearly fell out of my chair!!!!

cswake
12-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Someone put up a small bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mxLibUUP_M

*edit* That laugh by Ron when she made that naive comment made me think of this @ 1 min 23 sec:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atYgjPD4uqc#t=1m23s

torchbearer
12-14-2010, 06:20 PM
need more tube

Corto_Maltese
12-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Fellas! I gotta have more cowbell!

eok321
12-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Epic performance from Start to Finish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecDef_mewSA

Legend1104
12-14-2010, 06:37 PM
I can't seem to see videos on my iPhone with this new updated site

hazek
12-14-2010, 06:52 PM
What a hit piece. What a bitch. Ugh it makes my head explode.

YumYum
12-14-2010, 06:53 PM
He said he may not run and personal reasons play a part. I wonder what they could be?

torchbearer
12-14-2010, 06:56 PM
He said he may not run and personal reasons play a part. I wonder what they could be?

Carol.

specsaregood
12-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Is there a reason I've never heard of this so-called "prominent libertarian economics editor"? Megan McArdle?

And of all the quotes to pick, talk about trying to sucker punch Dr. Paul. To claim Dr. Paul knows less about monetarypolicy than most other congressman? geez.

speciallyblend
12-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Fellas! I gotta have more cowbell!

more cowbell in the middle of a snow storm:) Ron Paul 2012 COOOOOOOOOOOWBELLLLLLLLLL , my opinion Ron paul kicked her a__z all over the tv;)

cswake
12-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Didn't come as a surprise.... she is one of the few "libertarians" that routinely criticize Paul. I remember her rants about his newsletters, NAFTA, NAU, gold, eliminating the income tax, and oh yeh, nearly his entire foreign policy.

Heimdallr
12-14-2010, 07:23 PM
June 7th

=d =d =d =d =d

specsaregood
12-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Didn't come as a surprise.... she is one of the few "libertarians" that routinely criticize Paul. I remember her rants about his newsletters, NAFTA, NAU, gold, eliminating the income tax, and oh yeh, nearly his entire foreign policy.

So, a hannity type libertarian.

cswake
12-14-2010, 07:28 PM
If you do a search for her, you'll see that she systematically undermined Paul in '07/'08. Ah, old times...

http://firemeganmcardle.blogspot.com/2007/09/our-mission.html

And so we come, finally, to this blog's Statement of Purpose.
Megan McArdle is neither qualified for nor competent at her job. She should be fired. She is a terrible journalist, who lectures others on the standards of the profession while repeatedly failing to inform herself on a topic before pontificating on it in a post. She is also lazy in her writing and editing, leaving her posts pockmarked with typos and garbled syntax. The Atlantic has (or had) a tradition of quality, of careful, considered, and brilliant use of language. McArdle, at times, does not appear to be writing in english.
Furthermore, a shallow libertarian such as McArdle has no place at The Atlantic. Her arguments are as sloppy as her writing and researching, and amount to a selfish declaration of her right to keep all her money away from poor people. Setting aside the question of whether libertarian views should have a place in The Atlantic at all, the quality, or lack thereof, of her work is simply insulting to the magazine's tradition of excellence, and to those libertarians who take the time to inform themselves and craft intelligent, considered arguments.
There simply is no reason for her to have the position she does, except that she knows the right people.
I have no illusions of this blog accomplishing anything, and the faux high minded tone of this initial post will not be repeated. McArdle quite simply sucks, and does not deserve considered response. She deserves to be mocked, and fired. Since the latter is beyond my abilities, I have to resort to being a jackass. Fortunately, I'm well trained in that field.

Matt Collins
12-14-2010, 07:35 PM
And by "libertarian" you really mean "neocon" :mad:

TCE
12-14-2010, 07:47 PM
She's worst of both worlds, she calls herself a moderate, but she hates both parties, apparently making her a libertarian.

robertwerden
12-14-2010, 07:47 PM
I was waiting for Ron to ask where Wolf was and to allow a proper interview to be conducted. That woman is annoying. CNN is probably the worst news channel around.

All I know is on January 1 to quote Doc Brown "your gonna see some serious shit" Ron Paul is about to unleash hell on earth for the Fed.

I just hope they don't try and stop him in less than political ways. There will be allot more than snow balls being thrown if the media tries to get in his way again.

TCE
12-14-2010, 07:50 PM
I was waiting for Ron to ask where Wolf was and to allow a proper interview to be conducted. That woman is annoying. CNN is probably the worst news channel around.

All I know is on January 1 to quote Doc Brown "your gonna see some serious shit" Ron Paul is about to unleash hell on earth for the Fed.

I just hope they don't try and stop him in less than political ways. There will be allot more than snow balls being thrown if the media tries to get in his way again.

It doesn't matter what the media thinks if he subpoenas Bernanke and all of his documents. If the Fed fights it through the courts, there is your answer right there. They don't want us to know where our money is because there are shady dealings going on.

low preference guy
12-14-2010, 08:07 PM

not even a libertarian. a neocon (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/73093.html)who claims to be a libertarian so that others can say "even libertarians don't like Ron Paul!"

specsaregood
12-14-2010, 08:13 PM
It doesn't matter what the media thinks if he subpoenas Bernanke and all of his documents. If the Fed fights it through the courts, there is your answer right there. They don't want us to know where our money is because there are shady dealings going on.

Dr. Paul can't issue subpoenas without the approval of the committee chairman and the majority leader.

TCE
12-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Dr. Paul can't issue subpoenas without the approval of the committee chairman and the majority leader.

Are you sure? I thought it was just the committee chairman's approval. I could've sworn Barney Frank used to issue subpoenas all the time. Spencer Bachus will definitely go along with it, Boehner though...eh.

specsaregood
12-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Are you sure? I thought it was just the committee chairman's approval. I could've sworn Barney Frank used to issue subpoenas all the time. Spencer Bachus will definitely go along with it, Boehner though...eh.

I'm pretty sure he said that in an interview. Which was followed by him saying thats why he is going to start out by asking nicely.

low preference guy
12-14-2010, 08:20 PM
CNN sucks when blizter isn't there. the people who write the questions clearly want to marginalize Ron. a reminder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht6dRsX0qdw

is this the same bitch that just quoted (http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2010/12/kochanak-by-marriage-on-ron-paul.html) this, in the video posted in the OP?

But when you look at his speeches, he doesn't understand anything about monetary policy. He might actually understand it less than the average member of Congress. My personal opinion is that he wastes all of his time on the House Financial Services Committee ranting crazily."

I think Ron should deny this clown all future interview requests for focusing in name-calling instead of talking about issues.

Tal
12-14-2010, 09:10 PM
The CNN people are really experts at insinuating outrageous things about people they dont like by reading aloud quotes from random idiots, the host might aswell have said ''but arent you a bit stupid when it comes to the field of economics?'', that is basicly the message they wanted to get across by reading that letter from that so called ''libertarian''.

They cant put forward these sort of outrageous opinions without looking biased so they hide behind quotes they dig up on the internet that do it for them.

cswake
12-14-2010, 09:36 PM
I'd love to see them do something similar to other politicians:

"A prominent XYZ blogger has written that you sold your soul to the Devil and prostitute yourself for way too little in exchange. You have a self-serving agenda with positions that are contradictory, and quite frankly, your votes never match your rhetoric - you definitely appear to be a flake. You support never-ending wars that have been shown to increase the number of terrorists in the world, yet somehow you expect to win, are you a kook or just a terrorist?"

Fredom101
12-14-2010, 10:40 PM
I thought it was a really good job by RP. She tried to trip him up a few times and that "prominent libertarian" columnist thing was laughable! BTW I love that he laughed when she said made the claim that the government didn't take the blame for shutting down Wikileaks!

Matt Collins
12-14-2010, 11:58 PM
CNN is probably the worst news channel around. Did you forget what MSNBC did after Rand's victory speech?

Here is a reminder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyCBUBPcalw#t=7m1s

zade
12-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Man this whole thing has come such a long way. Especially the past few weeks, we're practically mainstream. Dare I say he's.....catching on?

TCE
12-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Did you forget what MSNBC did after Rand's victory speech?

Here is a reminder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyCBUBPcalw#t=7m1s

Rand Paul could destroy the world. Run!

Eric21ND
12-15-2010, 02:00 AM
CNN sucks when blizter isn't there. the people who write the questions clearly want to marginalize Ron. a reminder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht6dRsX0qdw

is this the same bitch that just quoted (http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2010/12/kochanak-by-marriage-on-ron-paul.html) this, in the video posted in the OP?

I think Ron should deny this clown all future interview requests for focusing in name-calling instead of talking about issues.

I love that video and how they just make shit up.

hazek
12-15-2010, 05:17 AM
Man this whole thing has come such a long way. Especially the past few weeks, we're practically mainstream. Dare I say he's.....catching on?

I just wish you'd realize how damaging this interview actually was. To you and me it looked like Ron gave good answers but to the Joe Blow who randomly tuned in the insinuations triggered all the wrong emotions for him to ever seriously listen to Ron and seriously consider his ideas.

It's propaganda 101.

low preference guy
12-15-2010, 05:21 AM
I just wish you'd realize how damaging this interview actually was

you. are. insane.

Romulus
12-15-2010, 12:35 PM

Amen, I would have asked the same thing.. Where's Wolf? At least the man doesn't interrupt the good Dr.

sailingaway
12-15-2010, 01:21 PM

That is where grassroot pressure comes in. ;)

surf
12-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Blinder's a dooshbag
(i'm tired of looking up proper spelling for doosh)

sailingaway
12-15-2010, 01:32 PM
I just wish you'd realize how damaging this interview actually was. To you and me it looked like Ron gave good answers but to the Joe Blow who randomly tuned in the insinuations triggered all the wrong emotions for him to ever seriously listen to Ron and seriously consider his ideas.

It's propaganda 101.
I agree they are trying to make it look like this committee was given to Ron because of his seniority but that Ron is way over his head and the people who gave it to him don't realize that. It is to undermine his support. It isn't aimed at people who have a clue, because they aren't open to this and will understand Ron's responses, it is to keep support from building as he moves forward.

Every time he starts to make a compelling point she shuts him down and changes the subject. She is just out to try to marginalize him. I do believe she is too late.

Heimdallr
12-15-2010, 01:34 PM
douche*

Bruce
12-15-2010, 02:04 PM
The CNN people are really experts at insinuating outrageous things about people they dont like by reading aloud quotes from random idiots, the host might aswell have said ''but arent you a bit stupid when it comes to the field of economics?'', that is basicly the message they wanted to get across by reading that letter from that so called ''libertarian''.

They cant put forward these sort of outrageous opinions without looking biased so they hide behind quotes they dig up on the internet that do it for them.

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head, this and other techniques employed by CNN and company are absolutely disgusting. In fact, the whole format is disgusting, pseudo-journalism at its finest.

Most of these anchors don't even understand what they're talking about. They'll fire off some rehearsed "questions" at their guest, let that person talk as long as it suits them, if not they'll interrupt and simply move on to the next question. Then when they've run out of questions they'll just say they're out of time.

It makes me puke...

This material belongs on The Daily Show for ridicule, anybody know how to get in touch with them?

UPDATE: I've found a contact page at http://www.comedycentral.com/help/questionsCC.jhtml

teacherone
12-15-2010, 02:23 PM
hit piece fail.

this broad just doesn't have what it takes to take down a paul.

ClayTrainor
12-15-2010, 02:26 PM
CNN Hack: "Yea, the US Government has not claimed responsibility for that"

The Good Doctor: "hahahahaha... yea, i know.... Our Government doesn't always tell us the truth, that's how we go to war!"

Love Him! :D

kahless
12-15-2010, 02:37 PM
You would think after the all the years of CNN cheering on government actions that eventually failed, that were predicted by those they ridiculed, that they would have learned their lesson.

CNN history of this behavior has been and continues to be exposed. Yet they do not change their behavior and act as if the internet does not exist.

CNN is just another branch of government. The average Joe that is too busy research needs to be reminded of this.

Kords21
12-15-2010, 02:45 PM
How CNN can even be taken seriously after this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpCH31eO1Kk
I have no idea

As far as the interview with Ron Paul, the interviewer didn't seem to have a good grasp on the issues and was just itching to get to the point of quoting that "libertarian" blog slamming Paul. With the usual grace that only Dr. Paul can display, he shot that down pretty good IMO. It's just more proof the banking elite and their cronies are very nervous about Dr. Paul and are trying to pre-emptively de-fang him so to speak

LisaNY
12-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Why would cnn quote the childish rantings of a third rate blogger who has no monetary credentials whatsoever? That was really bizarre imo, I had to google this mccardle moron because I'd never heard of her. And after viewing her bio I know why! How did she even get a job writing for the Atlantic?!

If cnn wanted to give an opposing view they should have at least quoted someone credible.

teacherone
12-15-2010, 02:50 PM
^^^^ that vid is pure win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpCH31eO1Kk

Bruce
12-15-2010, 02:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht6dRsX0qdw is this the same bitch that just quoted (http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2010/12/kochanak-by-marriage-on-ron-paul.html) this, in the video posted in the OP?

Ignoring the "bitch" statement for a second (which is also name calling, though I can understand your frustration). No, the anchor in your video is Soledad O'Brien (http://edition.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/obrien.soledad.html) and this was Suzanne Malveaux (http://edition.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/malveaux.suzanne.html).

Travlyr
12-15-2010, 03:02 PM
I rarely watch TV, and I never have news shows on anymore. Yesterday, I watched CNN when this was on at my local laundromat. I was reminded that TV political news programs completely set the water cooler agenda and distort reality. I had to LOL and vocally discount the CNN moderator when they introduced Ron and portrayed him as a kook that wants us to go back to the gold standard. Media minions are worthless pieces of crap. I'm even beginning to loathe blue and red.

HOLLYWOOD
12-15-2010, 03:26 PM
You would think after the all the years of CNN cheering on government actions that eventually failed, that were predicted by those they ridiculed, that they would have learned their lesson.

CNN history of this behavior has been and continues to be exposed. Yet they do not change their behavior and act as if the internet does not exist.

CNN is just another branch of government. The average Joe that is too busy research needs to be reminded of this.But, but, but... Wolf Biltzer and company state a dozen times a day, "CNN... The Best Political Team on Television" :rolleyes:

spudea
12-15-2010, 03:50 PM

He's 74 years old and has lots of family that he would probably much rather spend more time with them in his remaining years instead of spearheading the mission of ending the fed and saving our country. I myself hate to ask him to sacrifice so much. I really wish there was someone else that could take up the cause and have a shot at the presidency.

Now that he has this chairmen position, he's probably also thinking if keeping that position would be better for the cause than launching another unsuccessful attempt at the white house.

Matt Collins
12-15-2010, 04:22 PM
I was waiting for Ron to ask where Wolf was and to allow a proper interview to be conducted. That woman is annoying. Apparently he's in North Korea!

sailingaway
12-15-2010, 05:24 PM
He's 74 years old and has lots of family that he would probably much rather spend more time with them in his remaining years instead of spearheading the mission of ending the fed and saving our country. I myself hate to ask him to sacrifice so much. I really wish there was someone else that could take up the cause and have a shot at the presidency.

Now that he has this chairmen position, he's probably also thinking if keeping that position would be better for the cause than launching another unsuccessful attempt at the white house.

Rand may be part of the equation as well, if he thinks he can get his points across in his committee and as a pundit as well as running. He's wanted that committee a LONG time, and now I suspect he thinks Rand lets him off the hook about being 'the only one'.

NaturalMystic
12-15-2010, 09:18 PM
CNN Hack: "Yea, the US Government has not claimed responsibility for that"

The Good Doctor: "hahahahaha... yea, i know.... Our Government doesn't always tell us the truth, that's how we go to war!"

Love Him! :D

It would have been great if he hit her with " WHAT ABOUT THOSE BOMBS IN YEMEN, DID WE CLAIM RESPONSIBILITY FOR THAT?