PDA

View Full Version : I am in violation of garbage rule number 22

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-14-2010, 03:25 PM
So today is "trash day" in my small town and when I went out to take the trash can around back after the garbage pick up I noticed people walking up and down the streets looking into trash cans and then noticed a flyer taped to the top of my trash can. I pick it up and it is a citation for my community saying that I am in violation of town "garbage rules" and that from this day forward any violation of these rules would result in a "$50 fine per item that is found to be in violation". So what did I do to break the rules? Apparently I had some small chunks of cardboard in the trash can which town residents must now recycle. I had some pieces of loose trash which were not placed inside of "authorized trash bags". I was also urged to "comply without complaint" because this is for the safety of myself and town employees. I was also reminded in this citation that if I decide to throw away any appliances that I have to pay the town a $5 carry away fee and that all doors or drawers must be removed (as those cost a seperate fee) so that town inspectors can see inside of the unit to make sure no unauthorized items are being smuggled into the trash collection.

As I looked up, astonished, I noticed that every trash can up and down my street was plastered with this lunacy. This is the same town which promoted the virtues of Jesus Christ in their Christmas parade last night?

So I am now preparing a printout highlighting the numerous violations of state and federal constitutions that our Mayor and Council is guilty of and they should awake to find copies of these taped to their doors and in case they miss it I think I will tape a copy to each entrance of Town Hall as well. Failure to obey the constitution in the future may result in them being thrown out of office.

Melissa
12-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Wow I wish you well and let us know how it turns out

fisharmor
12-14-2010, 03:32 PM
and then noticed a flyer taped to the top of my trash can.

How nice of them to put it so close to where it was going.

nate895
12-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Comply without complaint? What is this, Soviet Russia?

I hate these types of petty fascists the most. You know, the kind that try to enforce every little line on your CCNR that is hopelessly impossible to follow to the letter. One guy in our neighborhood comes around right when you get home, literally, to inform you that you needed to put your trash away an hour ago, despite the fact you weren't home.

oyarde
12-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Unathorized smuggling into trash system ? bodies ?

bobbyw24
12-14-2010, 03:42 PM
I miss the Eastern Shore, Joe, but I will be back Dec. 24-28. I will be driving thru Federalsburg and will throw some recyclable trash away at ODonnels on Rt 404

malkusm
12-14-2010, 03:42 PM

+rep :p

oyarde
12-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Post trash rules 1 through 21 please .

specsaregood
12-14-2010, 03:45 PM
//

nate895
12-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Oh, and, btw, make a list of 95 violations, and nail it to the town hall doors.

Semper Reformada

Elwar
12-14-2010, 03:49 PM
If my garbage company did this to them I'd fire them and call another one...

sucks that you're stuck with city services..

nate895
12-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Next he knows, he'll have some busybody asking him if he has a permit to "burn all that wood" when carrying a cord of firewood to the backyard.

There is one in every neighborhood. I live in Washington State most of the time, and every neighborhood I've ever lived in has had a busybody fascist who complains about everything you do.

tangent4ronpaul
12-14-2010, 03:53 PM

Give it a cycle on the bottom of the birdcage first, if you have one, then return it to them... ;)

-t

nate895
12-14-2010, 03:55 PM

Most paper is recyclable, so that would give him a nice little $50 fine.

Elwar
12-14-2010, 03:55 PM
There is one in every neighborhood. I live in Washington State most of the time, and every neighborhood I've ever lived in has had a busybody fascist who complains about everything you do.

I have a neighborhood "cop". But I don't mind him much. We don't have any neighborhood rules or laws so he mainly keeps an eye out for cars and people that he doesn't recognize.

He also has a very fancy riding lawnmower that he uses to mow the lawns of some areas of the neighborhood...although he doesn't have any grass in his yard.

free1
12-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Time to get rid of your housing association. Like governments should be abolished every 20 years and start over. Always getting out of control. Power corrupts.

Anti Federalist
12-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Just another day in Amerika.

That which is not required, is prohibited.

Wait until they get their hands on the RFID readers to scan your garbage for each item.

That will end up being a $2000 can of trash.

dannno
12-14-2010, 04:26 PM
lol, nice reaction..

agitator
12-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Now people will have to start guarding/locking their trash cans to prevent neighbors from throwing away prohibited items in your can.

CAKochenash
12-14-2010, 04:32 PM
too bad you couldn't try to stop this when it was up for a mere reading at your local town council..

Maximus
12-14-2010, 04:36 PM
You broke garbage rule number #22?! I mean I could possibly see how an honest man could break #11 or maybe even #5... but #22?

You sorry, sick, despicable excuse for a human being. I don't know how you even live with yourself.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Our town is notorious for taking matters into private meetings to vote on. Nobody even knew this was coming.

dannno
12-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Merry Christmas!

MelissaWV
12-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Where *precisely* was the trash can?

Can the police search my garbage without a warrant?
Yes. Once you have placed your garbage or trash in a location that is accessible to the public, you no longer have an expectation of privacy. Searching and seizing the trash is legal.

In some cases, state constitutions have an expanded right against illegal searches that requires a warrant for a search of trash placed on the curb in opaque bags or containers that are secured.

This smacks of a lack of due process, however. If those people could come by and peek in your garbage can, then someone else could easily have piled a bunch of their cardboard and papers into your trash. When they tell you that's absurd, you can point out that avoiding a hefty fine is a great motivator. They really cannot tell you without an investigation that the cardboard in your trash can is yours.

acptulsa
12-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Or better still, seed the cans belonging to the leaders of this insane cult, then go around with a few others who are sick of it and a video camera and bust them. See how they like being framed for the crime of possession of unsorted garbage.

Where does this end? Do pedestrians then get fined for putting trash in a handy can rather than littering? Do these idiots really not realize they're cultivating insanity?

UtahApocalypse
12-14-2010, 05:35 PM
I had a problem with a trash Nazi earlier this year. It would be a shame if the mayor and council members cans were filled up with cardboard. Since by law the can is in public that should be easy to accomplish.

Golding
12-14-2010, 05:37 PM
I would dump my trash in front of whatever office issued these violations.

amy31416
12-14-2010, 05:45 PM
And they'll wonder why so many more people begin dumping their trash in the woods, which is pretty much always the result of crap like this.

QueenB4Liberty
12-14-2010, 05:48 PM
So I am now preparing a printout highlighting the numerous violations of state and federal constitutions that our Mayor and Council is guilty of and they should awake to find copies of these taped to their doors and in case they miss it I think I will tape a copy to each entrance of Town Hall as well. Failure to obey the constitution in the future may result in them being thrown out of office.

+rep Awesome!

HOLLYWOOD
12-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Nah... that's for the new BackscatterZ mobile systems will be used across Amerika. XRaying your garbage and trash with SW filters to alarm on any violations: recyclables in the wrong can, toxicans, paints, oily rags, whatever... it's coming!

Wait you see, safety for all with BackscatterZ!

Just another day in Amerika.

That which is not required, is prohibited.

Wait until they get their hands on the RFID readers to scan your garbage for each item.

That will end up being a $2000 can of trash.

sluggo
12-14-2010, 05:53 PM
I would say the flyer must have blown away and then call the cops on them for littering.

oyarde
12-14-2010, 05:55 PM
I burn mine and have a beer while I watch it burn .

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Just an update... Sad to say but most in my town are just saying "oh well". I ever heard a report from my neighbor that her Aunt across town went to town hall and apologized for not using approved bags. This will not stop myself and a friend from showing up at the next Mayor and Council meeting with video camera in hand.

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Why is it every time I see this thread my brain triggers "Mambo No. 5" ?

oyarde
12-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Just an update... Sad to say but most in my town are just saying "oh well". I ever heard a report from my neighbor that her Aunt across town went to town hall and apologized for not using approved bags. This will not stop myself and a friend from showing up at the next Mayor and Council meeting with video camera in hand.

I would go and apologize for the lady that apologized for using an evil , unauthorized bag . : )

agitator
12-14-2010, 08:54 PM
I burn mine and have a beer while I watch it burn .

Could be a good business selling incinerators in this comunity.

Is there a machine that can pulverize trash into small particles to flush down the toilet?

oyarde
12-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Could be a good business selling incinerators in this comunity.

Is there a machine that can pulverize trash into small particles to flush down the toilet?

If you could pulverize it like that , you could just use it as a compost heap in the yard , or find one of those corn or wod pellet burning heat stoves maybe and burn it for heat ?

agitator
12-14-2010, 09:06 PM
If you could pulverize it like that , you could just use it as a compost heap in the yard , or find one of those corn or wood pellet burning heat stoves maybe and burn it for heat ?

I'd flush it down on principle.

awake
12-14-2010, 09:09 PM
The very act of separating and sorting your trash against your will is a small enslavement by the waste removal companies. They lobbied for government power to subsidize their bottom line through forcing everyone to work for them. How does it feel to be a waste stream pre-sorter by law? Your waste removal rates definitely didn't fall to compensate your labor. Oh, but the propaganda says were saving the earth! Ya right! Saving a fascist relationship, not the earth. Which leads to my point in this example; under government management the prices (taxes) continually go up and services are forever reduced.

KCIndy
12-14-2010, 09:13 PM

Give 'em hell! :)

Any chance you could hire a private trash service?

oyarde
12-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Give 'em hell! :)

Any chance you could hire a private trash service?

My Mother uses a private trash service . $32 a month , guy picks it up on Fridays in his pickup .

oyarde
12-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Of course , if she lived in town , she could do that , but would have to pay the city fee anyway , which is probably twice as much . It is mandatory , you cannot opt out and if you refuse to pay it , they shut your water off . If you had a well you could do it though .I know of a couple houses in town with wells , they may file a lien though .

james1906
12-14-2010, 10:00 PM
In Soviet America, trash takes out you!

Andrew-Austin
12-14-2010, 10:01 PM
I live in an apartment complex. So, naturally, the apartment owners throw my trash away for me. I just have to leave it at the curb right outside my garage every Monday or Thursday.

At work however I think some new local law is forcing us to recycle.

Tal
12-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Hehe we have similar laws in Denmark and I have continualy violated them just on pure principle because I dont like getting bossed around by eco-fascists.

TruckinMike
12-14-2010, 10:47 PM
And they'll wonder why so many more people begin dumping their trash in the woods, which is pretty much always the result of crap like this.

Where I live the county used to run the land fill. Then Waste Management took over -- It was $10 truck load, that same truck is now around $60. And guess what? We now have trash in the woods, ditches, and gullies, etc..

CaliforniaMom
12-14-2010, 10:54 PM
This reminds me of how my homeowners association sent someone to inspect my garage. If I didn't let them in my property they said they would fine me $100 every month until I did. So I let them inspect my garage, and they said I had to clean it out, and it couldn't be used for storage. I wonder if I should've asked for a warrant before letting them in my garage.
This garbage can situation of yours is crazy. Sounds like some lawmaker needs to be voted out of office. I looked up the law just now and it says if you keep your garbage can on your private property and not sitting on the street it can't be searched without a warrant.

Paul Revered
12-15-2010, 03:27 AM
I pick it up and it is a citation for my community saying that I am in violation of town "garbage rules" and that from this day forward any violation of these rules would result in a "$50 fine per item that is found to be in violation".

Can you get a trial by a jury of your peers?

Koz
12-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Keep us posted on this.

nobody's_hero
12-15-2010, 06:28 AM
I miss the days when we didn't have trash service, and had to throw it in the bed of a pickup truck and haul it off to the compactors.

It felt more libertarian than having the county tax folks to pay for pick-up service.

I once tried to throw away some busted-up cinder blocks, lol. I'm pretty sure it was against the rules, but they never hit me with a fine. However, when I came home, there was a pile of cinder block rubble sitting on the side of the road. I felt kind of bad when I thought of the guy who was sitting there digging through my trash can to find all the pieces.

noxagol
12-15-2010, 06:30 AM
Not only does this subsidize the trash people by having to haul less trash for the same money but it subsidizes the recycling plant by forcing people to give it more material to sell.

It also reminds me of the story of the guy in some city that hauled his own trash because he though the service was too expensive since they charged per can. He started to haul other people's trash as well for like a 10$ fee compared to the 40$ the trash collector charged. Well, the union got the city to outlaw anyone else picking up trash and the guy got hit with a 5000$ fine.