PDA

View Full Version : Fortune Interviews Ron Paul About His Chairmanship and The Fed

bobbyw24
12-14-2010, 01:08 PM
http://bit.ly/g3SOlG

sailingaway
12-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks, Bobby, great article. Two quotes:

Do you want to end the Fed?

Well, I don't expect to. The Fed's going to end itself when they destroy the system. So yes I would end the Fed but I would do it gradually and have a transition. I would let people voluntarily opt out and not be forced to use depreciating money. Just think about how terrible it is that people make 1% or less on a certificate of deposit and banks get money for free and then they buy Treasury bills for 3% or 4% making billions of dollars. It's just not fair and people are waking up to this.

I think it is very important we be able to articulate the MORAL reasons against the fed. What it is doing is WRONG.

and

But some would consider ending the Fed is a bit extreme, don't you think?

No, I think printing money is extreme and crazy. I think the obscenity is allowing the Federal Reserve to print $3.3 trillion and we don't even know where it went. That to me is what's so extreme. And that's what the American people are waking up to. Government is extremely out of control. That is what I think everybody agrees on in the Tea Party movement.

That is the point to remember when people pretend that NOT having an unelected organization that can devalue our money at will to give money to cronies is what is extreme.

specsaregood
12-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks, Bobby, great article. Two quotes:
"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later." :(

Those are some great quotes.....man some people have got to be crapping themselves with him getting a giant pulpit from which to teach.

free1
12-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Benzinga.com’s Michael Snyder may have put it best: “There is a reason why people like Ron Paul are so obsessed with the Federal Reserve. It is not because they don’t have anything better to do. It is because the future of our country literally hangs in the balance.”
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/congress/5475-chairman-paul-gets-a-relatively-warm-media-reception