PDA

View Full Version : What would a Constitutional government cost?

Elwar
12-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Sticking strictly to what is enumerated in the Constitution as powers required of our Federal government, what would be the total cost?

Can we get an approximate number? Including salaries for judges, president, Congress, basic defense of our coast, minting money, postal service, patent office, money for marquee of reprisal, etc...

My guess would be just under $100 billion...

I would imagine that once the basic budget was drawn up, it could be updated for interest and put out there as a proposed budget by someone in Congress every year...

Let them argue for the things they want to add to it. Instead of us arguing about how to cut back.

fisharmor
12-14-2010, 12:22 PM
My guess would be just under $100 billion...

$100 billion of unconstitutional monopoly dollars?
Or $100 billion at original dollar price, which is close to 7 trillion monopoly dollars (roughly twice what they spent in 2010)?

guitarlifter
12-14-2010, 12:27 PM
$100 billion of unconstitutional monopoly dollars?
Or $100 billion at original dollar price, which is close to 7 trillion monopoly dollars (roughly twice what they spent in 2010)?

Would that be assuming that the economy would deflate to original pre-Fed dollar value? I'm not so sure if that amount of inflation can be undone, but it would be awesome to see. :)

fisharmor
12-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Would that be assuming that the economy would deflate to original pre-Fed dollar value? I'm not so sure if that amount of inflation can be undone, but it would be awesome to see. :)

It's done with fiat money all the time.
They just stop printing the old dollars, and start printing the new dollars.
Exactly the same way they phased out several dozen currencies when they adopted the Euro.
Nothing is impossible.

Madly_Sane
12-14-2010, 01:11 PM
A strict constitutional gov't would cost a SHIT TON less than what our gov't does today, with all those goddamn stupid gov't agencies that are useless. :mad:

oyarde
12-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Whatever current budget less cost of mint , roads , post office & military .