PDA

View Full Version : iPhone snitch network launched (This is very disturbing.)

mconder
12-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Wow...your snoopy neighbor just got a lot scarier.

http://www.infowars.com/iphone-snitch-network-launched/

mconder
12-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Can you believe? It's even called the PatriotApp. Wow...just wow! This is sick.

Elwar
12-14-2010, 09:43 AM
iPhone politician snitch network would be better

RonPaulCult
12-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Why do I get the feeling this story is bullshit?

EDIT: Wow - it appears to be true. My bad!

mconder
12-14-2010, 09:50 AM
iPhone politician snitch network would be better

Ya, really. It could post direct to wikileaks.

Elwar
12-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Ya, really. It could post direct to wikileaks.

Or http://www.politileaks.com :)

aGameOfThrones
12-14-2010, 09:53 AM

No it's not. Go read the reviews of the app. Oh yeah, it's free too.

Edit: You edited when I posted.

pcosmar
12-14-2010, 09:54 AM

DENIAL, (Pretty common, even around here)

Yeah, reality sucks.

mconder
12-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Now if they can just get iPhones and Ipads into the hands of every worthless person in this country.

aGameOfThrones
12-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Now if they can just get iPhones and Ipads into the hands of every worthless person in this country.

They were Free at BestBuy last Friday.

Inkblots
12-14-2010, 09:58 AM

Such are the times we're living in. 10 years ago, who would have believed that the Federal government would claim and a Federal judge uphold the right to engage in the extra-judicial killing of American citizens (http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/features/2010/12/201012914367164938.html)? Or that the State can now deny anyone the recourse of law by claiming a blanket cover of state secrets on the matter of the complaint (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/09/us/09secrets.html?_r=2&emc=na&pagewanted=all)? Or that respected national political commentators could seriously call for the assassination of a man who has broken no law (http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/11/30/wikileaks/index.html), and still be considered respected commentators afterward?

An iPhone app to assist citizens in spying on one another really seems like small fries compared to some of what we're seeing these days.

tangent4ronpaul
12-14-2010, 10:01 AM
That eye is really creepy looking!

"fully integrated with facebook and twitter"...

Ms. Grundy turns in her neighbors for having un-tidy, untrimmed bushes.

Ms. Grundy's Facebook page: "Ms. Grundy just turned in her neighbors for having un-tidy, untrimmed bushes"
1 comment: "Ms. Grundy's neighbors and Ms. Grundy are no longer friends"

LOL :D

-t

Madly_Sane
12-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Get the app and then spam it with false information :eek:

Freedom 4 all
12-14-2010, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't put it past the government to implement something like this, but for what possible reason would an average person with no ties to police or government snitch on his friends, family, neighbors or even strangers? I'm not saying I don't think it will happen, but hy? What do they get out of it.

Madly_Sane
12-14-2010, 10:07 AM
My best friend snitched on me to the police one time, I'm no longer friends with him and I still don't know why he did it.

Inkblots
I wouldn't put it past the government to implement something like this, but for what possible reason would an average person with no ties to police or government snitch on his friends, family, neighbors or even strangers? I'm not saying I don't think it will happen, but hy? What do they get out of it.

A sense of pride in fulfulling their patriotic duty, of course.

Freedom 4 all
I like the idea, but I think that's probably considered a federal crime. And of course, given the nature of the app, they'll know exactly where the spam comes from.

CaliforniaMom
12-14-2010, 10:09 AM
1984 is here.

Freedom 4 all
12-14-2010, 10:09 AM
My best friend snitched on me to the police one time, I'm no longer friends with him and I still don't know why he did it.

As far as I'm concerned, snitching to cops on a friend is the lowest of the low. I'm a forgiving guy. I'd forgive my friends for almost anything. But if that happened to me I couldn't see staying friends with him either.

bobbyw24
12-14-2010, 10:10 AM
I sent to Drudge who just put it up front in the center column

tangent4ronpaul
12-14-2010, 10:14 AM

I don't know... if cars are getting broken into in your neighborhood, and you see someone breaking into a car, do you call the cops? What impact would your decision have on your car getting broken into?

If you see a van pull up in front of your apartment building that two very nervous middle eastern males get out of and hurry away from and you notice it's full of propane tanks, bags of fertilizer and some 55 gallon drums - what possible motivation would you have for contacting the authorities? :rolleyes:

-t

pcosmar
12-14-2010, 10:27 AM
I don't know... if cars are getting broken into in your neighborhood, and you see someone breaking into a car, do you call the cops? What impact would your decision have on your car getting broken into?
I would likely be busy busting heads. I would not be likely to call anyone.

If you see a van pull up in front of your apartment building that two very nervous middle eastern males get out of and hurry away from and you notice it's full of propane tanks, bags of fertilizer and some 55 gallon drums - what possible motivation would you have for contacting the authorities?

First thought, They are the authorities
second though, disarm that shit. (if I can "notice" that shit, I can disable it.)

p.s. I don't carry a cell phone.

Madly_Sane
12-14-2010, 10:35 AM
p.s. I don't carry a cell phone.

Carry a gun instead of a cell phone :)

pcosmar
12-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Carry a gun instead of a cell phone :)

I wish I could, but am infringed. For many years now I have not "needed" a gun.
I have an axe, and I generally wear steel toe boots.
:)

Madly_Sane
12-14-2010, 10:47 AM
I wish I could, but am infringed. For many years now I have not "needed" a gun.
I have an axe, and I generally wear steel toe boots.
:)

+1

tangent4ronpaul
12-14-2010, 10:52 AM
First thought, They are the authorities

LOL!

Yeah, the way things have been going, they probably would be.

On beating the shit out of the guy, what's your tune going to be when he turns around and files assault charges againt you?

-t

FunkBuddha
12-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Let's just hope they don't decide to automatically enroll you into a lottery when you snitch.

RideTheDirt
12-14-2010, 11:08 AM
This!
Disinformation FTW.

mconder
12-14-2010, 11:21 AM

It's not too hard to figure out who's using Apple products. Not very anonymous. They'd find away to arrest you if you falsified reports, I'm certain.

pcosmar
12-14-2010, 11:23 AM
LOL!

On beating the shit out of the guy, what's your tune going to be when he turns around and files assault charges againt you?

-t
Chance I would have to take. Though a small and unlikely chance.
Someone involved in B&E, or vandalism is unlikely to want police involvement.

Least they haven't so far.;)

teacherone
12-14-2010, 11:27 AM
now we need an app to record cop brutality and post it on the web in simulcast--

name it: tyrantwatch

Madly_Sane
12-14-2010, 11:28 AM
+1

Madly_Sane
12-14-2010, 11:29 AM
It's not too hard to figure out who's using Apple products. Not very anonymous. They'd find away to arrest you if you falsified reports, I'm certain.
Who said the reports were false we would be telling them the reports were false? They just won't find what they were looking for when they come to investigate.

Anti Federalist
12-14-2010, 11:39 AM
I sent to Drudge who just put it up front in the center column

Wicked mad props to Drudge for consistently linking to Info Wars and Alex Jones articles.

fisharmor
12-14-2010, 11:41 AM

Well then it only takes one arrest for people to realize that it's probably also possible for the person they're snitching on to find out who you are.
If it's not anonymous, it's not gonna get used.

ETA: Also, unless there's a law regarding what is done with this app, it's game-fucking-on.

Captain Bryan
12-14-2010, 11:56 AM
now we need an app to record cop brutality and post it on the web in simulcast--

name it: tyrantwatch

Yes.

Brian4Liberty
12-14-2010, 12:18 PM
It will be funny when everyone with a cold or flu reports a "pandemic"... :)

mconder
12-14-2010, 12:46 PM
This should keep homeland security busy. They will probably justify a whole new budget and office for these "iAlerts."

Freedom 4 all
12-14-2010, 03:05 PM
This should keep homeland security busy. They will probably justify a whole new budget and office for these "iAlerts."

It will just be a bunch of elderly white people saying shit like "I saw a bunch of Arabs today. I didn't actually see them do anything out of the usual but they might be terrorists. After all terrorists would want to masquerade as normal people, right?! OMG 2 of them have BEARDS!!! Come quickly!!" or, "OMG I saw Osama Bin Laden today! He's working at Burger King!!"