PDA

View Full Version : H.R. 6416 - The American Traveller Dignity Act - Questions

malkusm
12-14-2010, 09:12 AM
My big question is: Since this was introduced in the 111th Congress, will Ron Paul need to re-introduce this bill in the Spring when the 112th Congress convenes? :confused:

If not, we should start pushing this bill! We need MOAR cosponsors!

Cosponsors:
Rep Duncan, John J., Jr. [TN-2] - 11/18/2010
Rep Jones, Walter B., Jr. [NC-3] - 11/18/2010

malkusm
12-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Also - I am going to be doing a "legislative tracking" page on my blog for the important bills in the current Congress. You can find that page here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/blog.php?cp=4

Feel free to suggest any bills that need to be added to that page.

malkusm
12-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Bump....no one knows what the status of this is?

RedStripe
12-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Maybe people are too lazy to look up the content/purpose of the bill. I speak of myself. ;)

malkusm
12-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Maybe people are too lazy to look up the content/purpose of the bill. I speak of myself. ;)

This was the bill that Ron Paul introduced Re: TSA patdowns/scanners

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwsdq69AHnw

Full text of legislation:

A BILL

To ensure that certain Federal employees cannot hide behind immunity.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `American Traveller Dignity Act of 2010'.

SEC. 2. NO IMMUNITY FOR CERTAIN AIRPORT SCREENING METHODS.

No law of the United States shall be construed to confer any immunity for a Federal employee or agency or any individual or entity that receives Federal funds, who subjects an individual to any physical contact (including contact with any clothing the individual is wearing), x-rays, or millimeter waves, or aids in the creation of or views a representation of any part of a individual's body covered by clothing as a condition for such individual to be in an airport or to fly in an aircraft. The preceding sentence shall apply even if the individual or the individual's parent, guardian, or any other individual gives consent.