PDA

View Full Version : National Journal Interviews Ron Paul about The Fed

bobbyw24
12-14-2010, 06:56 AM
http://www.nationaljournal.com/member/daily/paul-vows-to-push-forward-on-ending-the-fed-20101213
(subscription required)

Latest AM
Paul Vows to Push Forward on Ending the Fed
by Bill Swindell

Monday, December 13, 2010 | 10:00 p.m.
He may not abolish the Federal Reserve, but Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, plans to give it his best shot. And in January, the hero of the tea party movement will have a better perch to pursue his dream than ever before.

“People have to know why you want to get rid of the Fed before you get rid of it,” he said in an interview with National Journal Daily, making it clear he wanted to expand beyond the tea partiers, libertarians, and other populists who make up his base. “I want people to think about it. I want the Fed to be ended.”

Paul has campaigned for decades to abolish the central bank and put the United States back on the gold standard. He has spent most of his life in politics as an outsider—even among Republicans—in the technocratic debates about monetary policy.

But when Republicans officially take over the House in January, Paul will become chairman of the House Financial Services Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee, which has jurisdiction over the central bank.

Paul has begun sketching out his agenda next year as he takes the gavel of the subcommittee. This year, he scored his biggest victory over the Fed in three decades: a provision in the Dodd-Frank financial overhaul law that created a limited audit of the central bank’s $3.3 trillion in emergency lending during the financial crisis.

For the rest of this interesting piece on Ron Paul and Ending the Fed, send me a PM

specsaregood
12-14-2010, 07:37 AM
A guy with the last name of Swindell, interviewing Dr. Paul about the fed. Almost seems appropriate...

specsaregood
12-14-2010, 08:01 AM
From the article:

House GOP leaders have not spoken with Paul yet about his agenda, and incoming House Financial Services Committee Chairman Spencer Bachus, R-Ala., has not indicated that any topics are off limits.

Paul said he should have autonomy as long as “I act in a way that seems to be reasonable and not yelling and screaming and accusing people of all kinds of things.”

Something that some around here and else where should keep in mind.