PDA

View Full Version : If Sarah Palin runs for President whose supporters does she siphon off?

Eric21ND
12-14-2010, 04:14 AM
Romney?

Huckabee?

Newt? (Does he even have supporters??")

Ron?

liberalnurse
12-14-2010, 04:42 AM
I actually saw my first and hopefully only Palin 2012 bumpersticker the other day. I passed him so he could see my Ron Paul: Hope for America bumper sticker. He also had a Don't Tread on Me sticker so he gets at least some of it. That being said, to answer your question, I think she could draw votes from all of the above including Ron Paul. I'm constantly reinforcing while she has her place and has some good talking points, she is not presidential material. I usally get pretty positive feedback.

MN Patriot
12-14-2010, 05:54 AM
Palin is now a reality show star. If she runs for president, it will demonstrate how superficial Americans have become. After her comment about assassinating the Wikileaks founder, I would oppose her to run for anything. She has a family to raise, she can just stay home. Her 15 minutes of fame is over.

Todd
12-14-2010, 07:06 AM
I actually saw my first and hopefully only Palin 2012 bumpersticker the other day. I passed him so he could see my Ron Paul: Hope for America bumper sticker. He also had a Don't Tread on Me sticker so he gets at least some of it. That being said, to answer your question, I think she could draw votes from all of the above including Ron Paul. I'm constantly reinforcing while she has her place and has some good talking points, she is not presidential material. I usally get pretty positive feedback.

If he has Sara Palin bumper sticker and a "don't tread on me", then he might not "get it" quite like you think. ;)

fisharmor
12-14-2010, 07:10 AM
If Sarah Palin runs for President whose supporters does she siphon off?

I don't care.
I'm not voting for prom queen.
If RP isn't on the ballot, I'm not voting.
Everyone else is running for prom queen. I'm voting for president, or not at all.

If it ends up being a choice between prom queen Palin and Faily Hussein McFailerson, I'm packing up my shit and getting ready to load the van and head to the first state that secedes.

speciallyblend
12-14-2010, 07:26 AM
clinically insane wing!!

james1906
12-14-2010, 07:27 AM
Romney?

Huckabee?

Newt? (Does he even have supporters??")

Ron?

I don't think Romney so much as he's marketed to the country-club Northeast Republican crowd, and those who aspire to be part of that crowd. They'll eschew Palin as uncouth.

Huckabee, yes. The "Jesus loves war" crowd is numerous and they both appeal to them.

Grinch, yes. Both are insiders marketed as outsiders. Although Gingrich likely overlaps with Mittens.

Paul, yes. He's the real outsider, but people who view him as an outsider also view Palin as an outsider.

sailingaway
12-14-2010, 08:12 AM
Her own. She and Huckabee and GINGRICH (believe it or not) draw from similar people. I remember when gingrich started talking about running... and PPP started polling him. Mind you, Ron went down then too. Gingrich is believed to be fiscally conservative by those who follow hype about the 1994 congress and don't really know Gingrich. (And he IS better than some)

JohnEngland
12-14-2010, 08:57 AM
After seeing her in Haiti, I think I know what I'd like Palin to do.

In Britain, the new Conservative government is trying to get this "Big Society" initiative running, whereby it encourages the citizens to take command of their lives and communities by taking control of the things that have traditionally been done by the government (and after 13 years of Labour, that's a lot of stuff). It is to encourage personal responsibility and less reliance on the government.

Instead of running for president and spending all her time getting attacked by the media and Democrats, I think it would be great if Palin were to work on restoring America through community action.

With her popularity, she could start various private charity initiatives to help the poor and state-dependent to become self-reliant and raise themselves up. She could set up centers which teach people in inner-city areas how to raise families and prevent divorce and out-of-wedlock children, which seems to be a big problem and contributor to poverty and crime.

All of this would be good for society and, from the political point of view, would help break the Democrat's slave-like control over the poor and needy.

Anyway, that's just a thought... :)

Elwar
12-14-2010, 09:27 AM
She's siphoning off votes for the next American Idol...

libertybrewcity
12-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Sarah Palin's base is with the base of the party. Ron's base comes from a lot of sources including the Republican base, youth, independents, and democrats. A Sarah Palin run will siphon off only potential voters. She is running with out a doubt though. I don't think she will last in the debates. I have a feeling her campaign could fizzle out except amongst her own base.

Matt Collins
12-14-2010, 11:57 AM
I think what'll happen is she'll be just like Fred. Do very well until the debates she'll make an idiot of herself. After the first couple of primaries she'll end up dropping out.

The question is, who will be in the race left after she drops out, and where will her supporters go? Hopefully she'll drop out soon so that her name isn't on the ballot everywhere. Last time many of Fred's idiot supporters voted for Fred after he dropped out anyway.

Matt Collins
12-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Palin is now a reality show star. If she runs for president, it will demonstrate how superficial Americans have become. What do you mean "demonstrate"???

I think that's been proven time and time again

silentshout
12-14-2010, 12:16 PM
The idiot vote? Sorry i cannot stand that woman.

RedBloodConservative
12-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Palin is now a reality show star. If she runs for president, it will demonstrate how superficial Americans have become. After her comment about assassinating the Wikileaks founder, I would oppose her to run for anything. She has a family to raise, she can just stay home. Her 15 minutes of fame is over.

No Offense but that is kind of a dumb remark, I mean one of our Presidents was a movie star..Remember him, His name was RONALD REAGAN, you know the man that everyone said would never be the president? So I guess Americans were superficial then to elect arguably the best President the United States has ever had?

Come on now, I personally Like Palin, will I vote for her? Doubt it, but this crap that our president should be a Lawyer or have 20 years of political experiance is retarded..

Bruce
12-14-2010, 12:39 PM
No Offense but that is kind of a dumb remark, I mean one of our Presidents was a movie star..Remember him, His name was RONALD REAGAN, you know the man that everyone said would never be the president? So I guess Americans were superficial then to elect arguably the best President the United States has ever had?

Just wanted to point out that Ron Paul himself, an early supporter of Reagan, regarded Reagan's presidency as a failure.

tangent4ronpaul
12-14-2010, 12:56 PM

Your post has made me realize that Paul really doesn't have a chance. We need to all get behind someone that the American public knows and will vote for. PARIS HILTON for PRESIDENT in 2012!

-t

BamaAla
12-14-2010, 01:24 PM
She will get votes from everyone including Ron Paul. This woman is popular and her style resonates with people.

Todd
12-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Your post has made me realize that Paul really doesn't have a chance. We need to all get behind someone that the American public knows and will vote for. PARIS HILTON for PRESIDENT in 2012!-t

Snooki vs Hylton 2012.

sailingaway
12-14-2010, 01:56 PM
She will get votes from everyone including Ron Paul. This woman is popular and her style resonates with people.

You could really see Ron voting for her foreign policy?

Any money she saved on the domestic front she'd spend overseas, following Kristol et al.

She's really got to lose her foreign policy advisers for anyone associated with liberty to want to get close to her.

Kregisen
12-14-2010, 02:17 PM
There's 2 ways she affects the outcome: directly and indirectly.

Directly, she steals very little away from Ron but much away from Romney, Huckabee, etc.

HOWEVER, she has MUCH of the tea party vote. The ONLY way Ron can win is with the tea-party vote.

So as of right now, she steals very little directly from Ron, however, indirectly steals much away as she would be stealing most of the votes we could win over later on in the campaign.

So, we want every candidate to run EXCEPT Palin. Ron absolutely NEEDS to be the tea party candidate. We can't stress this enough. With Rand and Napolitano backing him up, he has the potential to pull it off. If Palin runs though, we're doomed.

oyarde
12-14-2010, 06:28 PM
I have to guess that she would not siphon votes from Ron or Newt .

BamaAla
12-15-2010, 08:31 PM
You could really see Ron voting for her foreign policy?

Any money she saved on the domestic front she'd spend overseas, following Kristol et al.

She's really got to lose her foreign policy advisers for anyone associated with liberty to want to get close to her.

She's probably not going to get any votes from the people on this forum, but a lot of casual Paul supporters and "Tea Party" people who would otherwise vote for Ron would vote for her; I meet them all the time.

agar
12-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Ron could easily destroy Palin by running hard hitting attack ads of her supporting the banker bailout back in 2008.

Put her face on the screen next to Obama's and Bernanke's.

She would be toast, but Ron is too much of a nice guy. Thats his downfall.