PDA

View Full Version : VETERAN'S DAY **MONEY BOMB** -- November 11th! Sign up here!

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 05:34 PM
EDIT: Why have this so close to Nov 5th? Some people REFUSE to donate on Nov 5th. If you are one of them, or if you can afford $100 twice, sign up!

After the long controversy about the November 5th project (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?searchid=343481), the community has stepped up and started the November 11th, Veteran's Day money bomb! There's no controversy in this one! :)

Everyone, if you can donate $100, please sign up; if you can't, don't sign up, but donate whatever you can anyways!

The goal is 10,000 people, or $1 million. This should easily be doable! Tell friends and family who are or were in the army about Ron Paul, and I'm sure they'll step up to help!

Spread the link to everywhere!

ThisNovember11th.com (http://thisnovember11th.com)

Suggestions welcome. :) I am by no means a Photoshop expert, so if anyone wants to take my PSD and clean up the design, let me know.

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Okay, not cool, guys, some responses, please.

Lord Xar
10-21-2007, 05:47 PM
I tried, gave me an error... "invalid email". ...

you should probably have the signup imbedded in the page.

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 05:48 PM
What e-mail did you try?

frasu
10-21-2007, 05:48 PM
we going for it... but right now everybody I think is concentrate on the debate :D

smdesignworks
10-21-2007, 05:49 PM
So can you please explain what is this "controversy" over donating on the 5th?

I was planning on voting 100+ on the 5th.

Lord Xar
10-21-2007, 05:51 PM
I didn't put in any email, I clicked the link and nothing happened.. a red font error came up...

page loaded, nothing but text and I clicked on "I am a patriot", and nothing happened, but the error appearing below it.

You should probably say somewhere, "please click...."

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Bump.

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Bump.

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Maybe fuel your rage for Fox this way? :p

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Take your anger out and sign up!

brumans
10-21-2007, 07:11 PM
It works good, and has a great layout and coding.

But -- it's too close to November 5th.

If you have so many of these they lose their meaning. We already have November 5th... having a November 11th -- less than a week later, isn't going to work well.

max
10-21-2007, 07:12 PM
why dilute from something that already is up and running?

oh, well...let's have TWO atomic Money Bombs instead of one Hydrogen bomb....

we should also look ahead to giving RP a Christmas day present Money Bomb

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 07:15 PM
why dilute from something that already is up and running?

oh, well...let's have TWO atomic Money Bombs instead of one Hydrogen bomb....

we should also look ahead to giving RP a Christmas day present Money Bomb

Some people refuse to donate on November 5th--like, completely REFUSE.

voortrekker
10-21-2007, 07:18 PM
The link to sign up does not work.

Looks good, but, please, make the link to sign up work.

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 07:23 PM
The link to sign up does not work.

Looks good, but, please, make the link to sign up work.

What link? Did you put in your e-mail, click "I am a patriot", and wait for the green message to come up?

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Bump!

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Bump!

SwordOfShannarah
10-21-2007, 08:10 PM
I signed up. I'll donate twice. And when Nov5th is done I'll make sure they all know about Nov11th.

Go Ron Paul!!!!

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 08:15 PM
I signed up. I'll donate twice. And when Nov5th is done I'll make sure they all know about Nov11th.

Go Ron Paul!!!!

That's really cool of you, thanks. :)

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Bump!

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Bump.

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 08:50 PM
This'll catch on. :)

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 08:58 PM
I'll just keep bumping this until the debate hype is over.

:D

DeadheadForPaul
10-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Dude, I'm LOVING this!!! I wonder if maybe some of our military men and women might want to make some videos for this event and show their support

I KNOW you guys are out there. The FEC backs us up :)

work2win
10-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Now THIS is what a one-day Ron Paul money drive should look like!

I will be supporting this drive. It has a uniting (and SAFE) message, along with an excellent date!

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Now THIS is what a one-day Ron Paul money drive should look like!

I will be supporting this drive. It has a uniting (and SAFE) message, along with an excellent date!

Cheers. :D

I'm sure nearly anyone from the armed forces will help out with this, so if you know someone, tell them about it.

DeadheadForPaul
10-21-2007, 09:02 PM
im not sure if it accepted my email...after i clicked 'i am a patriot', the number of "patriots" did not go up

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 09:04 PM
im not sure if it accepted my email...after i clicked 'i am a patriot', the number of "patriots" did not go up

You need to confirm your e-mail. :)

A little message pops up after you click "I am a patriot" that says "Check your e-mail!"

If it doesn't, there's trouble...

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm kind of worried.

If anyone else didn't get a verification e-mail, let me know!

voortrekker
10-21-2007, 09:13 PM
I signed up about 3 mins ago and no email confirmation.

I'm still checking my email though.

I'll let you know when it happens.

Posts move so fast in this forum it's hard to keep up.

DeadheadForPaul
10-21-2007, 09:16 PM
bump

ps: i got my confirmation

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Voortrekker, what's the first three letters of your e-mail? I'll check my database...

EvoPro
10-21-2007, 09:23 PM
i signed up. Great website Rob.

asdf
10-21-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm in for $200. Great idea, nice site.

work2win
10-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Bump for the Constitution, the U.S. Military, and Ron Paul!

argounova
10-21-2007, 09:46 PM
awesome job!!

please pimp this idea on military/anti-war themed ron paul youtube videos!!!

http://www.thisnovember11th.com

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Bump.

austin356
10-21-2007, 10:01 PM
argh!! If we had only done this from the get go!

I mean we already have the perception of being revolutionary. Interjecting some perceptions of support and acknowledgment for veterans will really really help us, thats why these military donation stats are important!

DeadheadForPaul
10-21-2007, 10:03 PM

I mean we already have the perception of being revolutionary. Interjecting some perceptions of support and acknowledgment for veterans will really really help us, thats why these military donation stats are important!

There are still 3 weeks...i think it's more important to meet the campaign deadlines than nov 11 or 5th though

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 10:05 PM

If it makes you feel better, the organizer of the November 5th campaign said he will e-mail every subscriber to sign up for this one, after the event is over. That should give us a several-thousand-people bump. :)

jpa
10-21-2007, 10:06 PM
pledged. You should look at the page in IE7, got some rendering issues.

Love what you are doing! Keep it up

argounova
10-21-2007, 10:08 PM
If it makes you feel better, the organizer of the November 5th campaign said he will e-mail every subscriber to sign up for this one, after the event is over. That should give us a several-thousand-people bump. :)

Awesome, maybe he can link us and we can link them? I know there is alot of people who will visit the 5th site and be spooked away, i wish there was some way to catch them on their way out...

TechnoGuyRob

Love what you are doing! Keep it up

Thanks for letting me know. I assumed there would be no problems, as IE7 claims to have fixed its CSS rendering, but I guess not!

Luckily I have a spare PC which does have IE7 on it (I don't want to overwrite IE6 on this one), so I'll look at it.

austin356

I dont have a problem with the 5th. I have pledged both days! (though I dont know where I will get the money :( :( )

That sounds great though.

Chester Copperpot
10-21-2007, 10:09 PM

You guys should do one for December 16th.. Boston Tea Party Day...

Its an oldie but still a goodie.

We all dress up like Indians before we donate!

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 10:16 PM

Fixed!

fightfortruth
10-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Every one is trying to donate on Nov. 5th. I have recently gone to a Star Wars Convention where we baught a booth and passed out hundreds of flyers and talked to so many people. This was a very receptive crowd for Ron Paul. There were atleast 20 ir 25 people that already knew about Ron Paul and were going to vote for him. They all talked about Nov. 5th. This is a good date. Most people are familiar with this in the movement. An email went ot almost all of the Meetup.com Ron Paul members and they are all totally for this. I am a part of all of the meetup groups around my area(there are about 15) and they haven't stoped talking about November 5th and how they are going to donate. Some of them are even doing garage sales to raise money so they can donate even more on Nov. 5th. Most people don't care about the theme of V for Vendetta. The only people who have made a big deal about this is on this website. It seems that the only place I have seen people not like the idea is on here, and there are only a few.

I don't think it helps to try and diminish this effort because they have already reached so many people. It will only hurt the effort to ask people to donate twice and try to discourage people from doing something good. Who cares if it is on the 5th. Sorry they beat you to the puch and got so organized on this and have a lot of support already but I am donating on the fifth. I know about 30 people, just from people I have recently talked to who are donating on the 5th.

Kacela
10-21-2007, 10:17 PM

Yeah - it does look funny with IE7... but I pledged anyways :)

rycodge
10-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Use firefox ;)

Signed up for the 5th and the 11th

fightfortruth
10-21-2007, 10:22 PM

If you have so many of these they lose their meaning. We already have November 5th... having a November 11th -- less than a week later, isn't going to work well.

Exactly!

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 10:25 PM
I already said some people don't want to donate on the 5th. Don't let this prevent you from donating on the 5th, and certainly not from both.

This is just to get a little bump on Veteran's Day. It'll certainly be good media attention if it catches on, and there's absolutely no harm in trying. :-)

argounova
10-21-2007, 10:32 PM
I already said some people don't want to donate on the 5th. Don't let this prevent you from donating on the 5th, and certainly not from both.

This is just to get a little bump on Veteran's Day. It'll certainly be good media attention if it catches on, and there's absolutely no harm in trying. :-)

Agreed, you'll see that we're not saying SWITCH! we're just picking up the money of whoever would rather give on Veteran's day because of its meaning (compared to the meaning of the gunpowder treason). The poll on the forums showed 53 people would rather give on veteran's day and are opposed to giving on the 5th. That means that there is possibly 5.3k floating out there for Dr. Paul waiting to be scooped up. That was worth a 10$ domain name, don't you think?

We're not raining on anyone's parade, we're starting ANOTHER parade. Chill out you guys, its all the same goal which is GETTING MONEY FOR THE MESSAGE OF LIBERTY VIA DR. PAUL'S PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN!!

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Looks like none of the Yahoo or Hotmail e-mails are getting confirmations. I Googled it and it turns out many sites are having the same problem. I'm still looking for a work-around.

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Geez, topics move FAST today!

argounova
10-21-2007, 10:41 PM
I don't think it helps to try and diminish this effort because they have already reached so many people. It will only hurt the effort to ask people to donate twice and try to discourage people from doing something good. Who cares if it is on the 5th. Sorry they beat you to the puch and got so organized on this and have a lot of support already but I am donating on the fifth. I know about 30 people, just from people I have recently talked to who are donating on the 5th.

If you look carefully, youll see that you'll see that we're not saying SWITCH! we're just picking up the money of whoever would rather give on Veteran's day because of its meaning (compared to the meaning of the gunpowder treason). The poll on the forums showed 53 people would rather give on veteran's day and are opposed to giving on the 5th. That means that there is possibly 5.3k floating out there for Dr. Paul waiting to be scooped up. That was worth a 10$ domain name, don't you think?

We're not raining on anyone's parade, we're starting ANOTHER parade. Chill out you guys, its all the same goal which is GETTING MONEY FOR THE MESSAGE OF LIBERTY VIA DR. PAUL'S PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN!!

Also, the guy who is doing the official website for the Nov 5th thing said he would send a message out after the 5th letting everyone on the email list know about our site and the 11th money bomb.

like i said, its just about picking up the bucks being held out by those who would otherwise give. there is nothing wrong with that. its all about money for dr. paul, wherever you can rally support.

IN CLOSING:

dr. paul's message of freedom reaches out across a spectrum, and www.thisnovember11th.com is simply an attempt to reach out to a facet of paul supporters who are uninspired by the "v/5th of november/gunplot treason" theme and should show a roar of support for dr. paul's respect for our veterans, our troops, and a non-interventionist foreign policy starting with "JUST BRING[ING] THEM HOME!"

argounova
10-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Looks like none of the Yahoo or Hotmail e-mails are getting confirmations. I Googled it and it turns out many sites are having the same problem. I'm still looking for a work-around.

shit!!

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 10:46 PM
It's okay, I'll figure it out. =) Worst case scenario I can just hand e-mail them, they're only about 5-10% of the signups, so even with thousands that'll be a couple hundred, which I can just e-mail all at once.

work2win
10-21-2007, 10:51 PM

If maximizing donations on one day is the goal, then it is important to choose a theme that appeals to the whole support base. This did not happen with the 5th effort. Ron Paul's campaign is no longer an underground effort with a small number of supporters.

This is why I support www.thisnovember11th.com

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm going to sleep, soon, if you guys could keep this bumped until the morning, that'd be great. :)

argounova
10-21-2007, 10:59 PM
If maximizing donations on one day is the goal, then it is important to choose a theme that appeals to the whole support base. This did not happen with the 5th effort. Ron Paul's campaign is no longer an underground effort with a small number of supporters.

This is why I support www.thisnovember11th.com

THANKS!

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Bump

argounova
10-21-2007, 11:14 PM
http://thisnovember11th.com

Veteran's Day Money Bomb!

Support the troops and JUST BRING THEM HOME!
Donate to the only man that can do that: RON PAUL
This November 11th!

lisajames96
10-21-2007, 11:16 PM
I just signed up!
I wish his campaign took silver.

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 11:23 PM
Bump.

Over half of the e-mails haven't been verified. Hmm. I might have to check into that.

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Yikes...can't let this slip onto page 2.

lisajames96
10-21-2007, 11:48 PM
Bump.

Over half of the e-mails haven't been verified. Hmm. I might have to check into that.

oops. forgot to check email...

Flirple
10-21-2007, 11:51 PM
This effort needs a good youtube video to promote it. Anyone have the capabilities?

argounova
10-21-2007, 11:51 PM
http://thisnovember11th.com

Veteran's Day Money Bomb!

Support the troops and JUST BRING THEM HOME!
Donate to the only man that can do that: RON PAUL
This November 11th!

argounova
10-21-2007, 11:57 PM
This effort needs a good youtube video to promote it. Anyone have the capabilities?

agreed

rs3515
10-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Hey just a general question ... I'm all for the idea of a Veteran's Day focused event, but curious to know how these things got started being called money "bombs"? Somewhat ironic that Dr. Paul preaches wanting to bring the troops home and this contribution event is focused on veterans, but it's being called a bomb. I'm certainly fine with it if others are, but just wondered how it got started.

TechnoGuyRob
10-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Hey just a general question ... I'm all for the idea of a Veteran's Day focused event, but curious to know how these things got started being called money "bombs"? Somewhat ironic that Dr. Paul preaches wanting to bring the troops home and this contribution event is focused on veterans, but it's being called a bomb. I'm certainly fine with it if others are, but just wondered how it got started.

It started with weekly money bomb, since they explode the value of Ron Paul's war chest (up, up)!

Once this catches on (say, tomorrow), I'll post some requests for videos.

rs3515
10-22-2007, 12:12 AM
It started with weekly money bomb, since they explode the value of Ron Paul's war chest (up, up)!

Hmmm bomb? War chest? Are we sure we know how to appeal to the women in the crowd that make up 51% of the population? :)

TechnoGuyRob
10-22-2007, 12:16 AM
Hmmm bomb? War chest? Are we sure we know how to appeal to the women in the crowd that make up 51% of the population? :)

Big guns.

:D

fightfortruth
10-22-2007, 12:19 AM
It's okay, I'll figure it out. =) Worst case scenario I can just hand e-mail them, they're only about 5-10% of the signups, so even with thousands that'll be a couple hundred, which I can just e-mail all at once.

I understand that. I just hope it doesn't take away from the efforts of Nov. 5th. I jsut know it inspired me and the memebers of my meetup groups so much. For me personally, I won't be able to donate more than once and I already promised I would on the 5th. Plus I just liked the idea so much. I will email this to some meetup members and see of they are interested.

I know that there is also an effort to get 100,00 people to donate $100 a week until December 31. THis has been going on a week or two before the Nov. 5th thing started.

Here is the website:

www.RonPaulSupport.com

TechnoGuyRob
10-22-2007, 12:53 AM
How'd this fall off the front page?

argounova
10-22-2007, 01:00 AM

im a woman and i helped start this veteran's day bomb of awesomeness!

argounova
10-22-2007, 01:01 AM
this idea is great!

argounova
10-22-2007, 01:13 AM
this idea is great!

alright its bedtime, good job for today rob

send an email to info@militaryforpaul.com and let them know. and let your meetup groups know. we'll take this up again tomorrow.

argounova
10-22-2007, 01:43 AM
"Man that looks wonderful. My only thought is that it needs to be immediately clear (without scrolling) the purpose of the website"

Rob, I agree with Flirple who said this. Can we make the page not needing to scroll?

TechnoGuyRob
10-22-2007, 01:52 AM
"Man that looks wonderful. My only thought is that it needs to be immediately clear (without scrolling) the purpose of the website"

Rob, I agree with Flirple who said this. Can we make the page not needing to scroll?

I cut down some pixels from the "We the People" from the top, but it'll be hard without changing the design a bit. Let me know if it's bothersome enough, and I'll try to change it tomorrow.

chowda
10-22-2007, 02:14 AM
I think if you could get that email box up the page about 100 pixels it would help a great deal. might be a little tough with your layout.. which is cool by the way. The font is a little too flowery for me... but that's just personal taste... I like my letters with lots of angles.

Keep up the good work Rob... We'll have a graph for this effort in a day or so.. once there is enough data to be interesting.

Chip
10-22-2007, 02:15 AM
I got $100 for Paul on the 5th...and 11th. I enjoy hurting them by stuffing Paul's coffers.

argounova
10-22-2007, 02:34 AM
I think if you could get that email box up the page about 100 pixels it would help a great deal. might be a little tough with your layout.. which is cool by the way. The font is a little too flowery for me... but that's just personal taste... I like my letters with lots of angles.

Keep up the good work Rob... We'll have a graph for this effort in a day or so.. once there is enough data to be interesting.

awesome awesome you're the best! im a big fan of ronpaulgraphs

argounova
10-22-2007, 02:54 AM
goodnight everyone!!

literatim
10-22-2007, 03:08 AM
I cut down some pixels from the "We the People" from the top, but it'll be hard without changing the design a bit. Let me know if it's bothersome enough, and I'll try to change it tomorrow.

It really needs the primary information of the website at the top.

argounova
10-22-2007, 11:09 AM
agreed and BUMP!

Tenbatsu
10-22-2007, 11:48 AM
I will be donating to both. I hope we don't have one of these every week, for my bank account's sake.

BillyDkid
10-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Jesus Christ, lets see if we can't dilute every fund raising bomb effort until there is no bomb. I don't care what the date "symbolizes" to some people - we have a shit load of people signed up for the 5th - lets just friggin do it. I tell you and I have warned about this before - there are people who thrive on derailing and thwarting progress. I have been to a hundred meeting where there is always at least one person intent on subverting any consensus or agreement and distracting others from the main objective. Can we just forget about all these competing pledges and bombs? All these various efforts just end up countering each other and confusing people and the bottom line is that people get frustrating and some end up not giving who would have. It needs to stop.

brumans
10-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Jesus Christ, lets see if we can't dilute every fund raising bomb effort until there is no bomb. I don't care what the date "symbolizes" to some people - we have a shit load of people signed up for the 5th - lets just friggin do it. I tell you and I have warned about this before - there are people who thrive on derailing and thwarting progress. I have been to a hundred meeting where there is always at least one person intent on subverting any consensus or agreement and distracting others from the main objective. Can we just forget about all these competing pledges and bombs? All these various efforts just end up countering each other and confusing people and the bottom line is that people get frustrating and some end up not giving who would have. It needs to stop.

I agree.. this one should be moved to December... we already have a very successful November 5th in our future.

synthetic
10-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Pro: You picked a good target to aim for. $1M in a day will be a challenge but not impossible.

Pro: Veterans Day is a good backdrop.

Con: The web address you picked will only confuse people and might even annoy others. Challenging the 5th because some people didn't like it aside, it'll be Veterans Day, couldn't you have come up with something to reflect that?

mavtek
10-22-2007, 12:59 PM
signed up for the 11th

got 27 people so far send it to your meetups!

TechnoGuyRob
10-22-2007, 03:33 PM
bump from my phone

argounova
10-22-2007, 03:44 PM
suck it up and donate on as many days as you see fit

TechnoGuyRob
10-22-2007, 04:00 PM
bump

almost 50 patriots!

TechnoGuyRob
10-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Bump.

TechnoGuyRob
10-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Almost 50 signups!

skiingff
10-22-2007, 06:10 PM
I like both of these money bomb ideas. Say Ron Paul makes 2 million on the 5th and 1 million on the 11th, right after the massive Philly rally on the 10th. Overall a good couple weeks of publicity (IF any media outlets pick it up...).

TechnoGuyRob
10-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Bump. I need to re-do this webpage, but haven't had time...