PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Ron Paul at 9% in Minnesota for 2012

RonPaulFanInGA
12-13-2010, 04:10 PM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/12/minnesota-republican-numbers.html

On the Presidential front in the state Pawlenty continues to lead but with a tepid 24%. For sake of comparison Mitt Romney polled at 47% in his home state two weeks ago. Sarah Palin is second in the state at 17%, followed by Mike Huckabee with 15%, Romney with 13%, and Newt Gingrich with 11%. Leading the second tier is Ron Paul at 9%, with John Thune at 3% and Mitch Daniels at 2%.

nate895
12-13-2010, 04:13 PM
The good news keeps flowing in!

We can win this guys!

sailingaway
12-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Why is Ron always said to be leading the second tier rather than rounding off the top tier? There is generally a big gap between him and the next candidate.

Here gingrch is only 2%higher while the next downfrom Ron is 6% lower. This is a common theme.

specsaregood
12-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Why is Ron always said to be leading the second tier rather than rounding off the top tier? There is generally a big gap between him and the next candidate.

I sense a rhetorical question.....

nate895
12-13-2010, 04:24 PM

Here gingrch is only 2%higher while the ne t downfrom Ron is 6% lower. This is a common theme.

What does this say?

GODISNOWHERE

malkusm
12-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Should I add this to my "media bias" thread?

DjLoTi
12-13-2010, 05:22 PM
I hope Sarah Palin doesn't run.

Imperial
12-13-2010, 05:40 PM

Here gingrch is only 2%higher while the ne t downfrom Ron is 6% lower. This is a common theme.

Because PPP has made it quite clear they do not believe Ron Paul can ever win the Republican nomination. Thus, he will always be second tier.

On the plus side, now that I live 2/3rds of the year in Minnesota I can really try to swing my liberal and extremely political college into a source of votes for Dr. Paul.

How prominent are the caucuses in Minnesota? I think I remember them being somewhat significant?

Agorism
12-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Anywhere close to 10% is GREAT news for us.

invisible
12-13-2010, 06:18 PM
While MN is not as important as the early states, the important info here is in the crosstabs. What populations segments need to be targeted? Going after the demographics where support is weakest will be the difference between 5th place and a top 3 finish. It will also be the difference as to whether Ron will be considered "top tier" this time around. Unfortunately that remains subject to the msm media's stunts (remember that tv screenshot of the NV results?), but it will be a LOT harder for them to propagandize against Ron if he's consistantly in the top 3 of these polls, and neck in neck with flip / the huckster / failin / the grinch (ugh).

malkusm
12-13-2010, 06:25 PM
While MN is not as important as the early states, the important info here is in the crosstabs. What populations segments need to be targeted? Going after the demographics where support is weakest will be the difference between 5th place and a top 3 finish. It will also be the difference as to whether Ron will be considered "top tier" this time around. Unfortunately that remains subject to the msm media's stunts (remember that tv screenshot of the NV results?), but it will be a LOT harder for them to propagandize against Ron if he's consistantly in the top 3 of these polls, and neck in neck with flip / the huckster / failin / the grinch (ugh).

We always have problems in the cross-tabs with older voters and women. We need to get creative and counter this....it will take a lot of effort, meaning we should be starting NOW in the way we present our talking points, and in who we are focused on this time around.

Epic
12-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Ron Paul draws 12% among men, beating Mitt Romney (10%).

Ron Paul only gets 5% of women however.

Ron Paul draws 17% of youngsters, and 12% of 30-45 yr olds. but just 6% of old folks. Actually, 6% of old folks is pretty decent compared to his recent Michigan numbers.

oyarde
12-13-2010, 07:08 PM
I think the bottom 25 % of this all poll belong to someone besides Pawlenty , Huck , Palin and Romney .

Tinnuhana
12-13-2010, 07:15 PM
The older people are getting propagandized about eliminating entitlement programs. Don't understand the women: maybe they have a subliminal dislike for OB/GYNs? Going to vote for Palin just because she's female? When has something like that ever happened?:rolleyes:
I sometimes wonder how people would react if a Romney or Pailn voice impersonator did Ron's "What if?" or most recent floor speech? Would they defend it since it was their candidate's voice?

TheTyke
12-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Yes!! Great numbers once again! Run, Ron, run!

oyarde
12-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Well , Ron Paul doing better in Minnesota than the Vikings tonight . With 2 minutes remaining , they do not have the ball and only three points .

libertybrewcity
12-13-2010, 09:31 PM
these are great numbers. doesn't ron have a huge grassroots organizational presence in MN too?

sailingaway
12-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Yes, they were great. That is why Michelle Bachmann got so interested in Ron's study group lunches etc.

2young2vote
12-13-2010, 10:52 PM
This is a good thing. That means there is already a base to campaign for him as soon as he announces. 9% is nearly one in every ten and that is pretty good if you ask me. Improvement in the numbers will be much better this time than last time (if he runs).

low preference guy
12-13-2010, 10:53 PM
I sometimes wonder how people would react if a Romney or Pailn voice impersonator did Ron's "What if?" or most recent floor speech? Would they defend it since it was their candidate's voice?

that'd be a great experiment

Thomas
12-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Poll Tracker updated
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?270754-Poll-Tracker

JamesButabi
12-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Another promising poll. As others have said, we own the young people, we own the internet. We need to go traditional and hit a soft spot with the older folks. We all know Ron Paul has their best interests in mind, now we just have to compile a plan and convince them as well.

specsaregood
12-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Another promising poll. As others have said, we own the young people, we own the internet. We need to go traditional and hit a soft spot with the older folks. We all know Ron Paul has their best interests in mind, now we just have to compile a plan and convince them as well.

Perhaps we should encourage our young people to influence their grand parents? How many grandparents would love to have their grandkids call them? "Vote for Ron Paul for me Grandpa, its my future we are talking about"

Jandrsn21
12-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Perhaps we should encourage our young people to influence their grand parents? How many grandparents would love to have their grandkids call them? "Vote for Ron Paul for me Grandpa, its my future we are talking about"

Touching, I like it! lol Another good idea, that picture of Ron Paul and Ronald Reagan, needs to be put on a mailer, and shipped to every registered Republican in the nation!