PDA

View Full Version : NY Mag: Could Ron Paul Take Down Sarah Palin?

bobbyw24
12-13-2010, 03:14 PM
"They care about purity, and nobody is more dogmatically aligned with core tea-party beliefs than Paul."

Could Ron Paul Take Down Sarah Palin?
12/13/10 at 1:20 PM

Long before the tea party movement grabbed half a dozen Senate seats, before its early proponents ever even dreamed of wearing Colonial-era garb in public, there was longtime Texas Republican Ron Paul, the one guy in Congress trying to abolish the Federal Reserve and shrink the government into near nonexistence. Paul won a devoted-bordering-on-cultish following during his 2008 presidential run, one which, obviously, didn't work out. But now Paul is telling the Times that "it’s at least 50-50" that he'll try again in 2012, and this time, with the movement built largely on his libertarian philosophy now a real force in American politics and expected to be decisive in the Republican primaries.

More at:

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/12/could_ron_paul_take_down_sarah.html

fisharmor
12-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Um... I like him, but no.
She's much younger, probably as fit, and has guns.

:D

dean.engelhardt
12-13-2010, 04:00 PM
What a stupid question and stupid article. Thanks for sharing though.

agar
12-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Palin supported the banker bailout ripoff which gave the Fed all these new powers to inflate. I hope the Paul camp will remind Tea Partiers of this fact.

sailingaway
12-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Great way to make Ron Paul supporters popular with other conservatives, Canada boy.

I really suggest we confine our disagreeements to the issues, as our candidates do. Namecalling doesn't win converts.

hazek
12-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Those marginalizing mother f**kers: "It's not that anybody thinks Paul could actually win the nomination,"

It literally makes my head explode when I see that.

itshappening
12-13-2010, 04:45 PM
you will see it a lot more when the media blackout kicks into high gear... FOX already started with 12 in 2012, not even mentioning Ron...

Dont forget the usual back stabbing from Glenn Beck and co and it will sure be interesting

StilesBC
12-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Those marginalizing mother f**kers: "It's not that anybody thinks Paul could actually win the nomination,"

It literally makes my head explode when I see that.

Reminds me of that dimwit moderator at one of the early primary debates. "Electability: Do you have any, Sir?"

I really wish Ron's response was, "Journalistic Integrity: Do YOU have any?" But I guess his response was pretty good too.

TruckinMike
12-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Reminds me of that dimwit moderator at one of the early primary debates. "Electability: Do you have any, Sir?"

I really wish Ron's response was, "Journalistic Integrity: Do YOU have any?" But I guess his response was pretty good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEtiLPA0zuE

I thought it was great!

Imperial
12-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Palin supported the banker bailout ripoff which gave the Fed all these new powers to inflate. I hope the Paul camp will remind Tea Partiers of this fact.

This is why Huckabee will be so dangerous. Philosophically, he offers the strongest balance between government action and small government of the big Republican contenders by balancing the interests of seniors who want the entitlements they paid into and pissed off Tea Partiers who hate all government.He was against TARP, something that Palin, Romney and Gingrich all supported. If it wasn't for his social conservative views he would go even further in a general election. However, I don't see that hurting him in the primary.

garyallen59
12-13-2010, 07:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEtiLPA0zuE

I thought it was great!

their way