PDA

View Full Version : Paper Letter Drive to Dr. Paul Urging Him to Run for President!

Yieu
12-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Who else thinks a sudden burst of paper letters from the grassroots kindly and politely encouraging him to run is just what the doctor needs to turn 50/50 chance of running to 100%?

The key part being paper letters, not email or fax. Paper letters, whether handwritten or printed from a computer, are a lot more personal and I believe they would have a greater result.

Send mail to:

Rep. Ron Paul
122 West Way, Suite 301
Lake Jackson, TX 77566

garyallen59
12-13-2010, 10:40 AM
great idea! i'm gonna write mine now.

payme_rick
12-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Think I may get the pen out...

Son of Detroit
12-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Great idea. Anyone have an address to send it to?

specsaregood
12-13-2010, 11:03 AM
I only want him to run, if he is gonna run to win.

trey4sports
12-13-2010, 11:06 AM

an educational campaign will be more beneficial long-term

specsaregood
12-13-2010, 11:08 AM

Becoming a perrenial losing candidate is discrediting. Run to win, or throw his support behind somebody else that wants to run to win. The C4L can work on the educational front.

tangent4ronpaul
12-13-2010, 11:11 AM
To point out something rather important, if you mail his district office, he should get them over the holidays. If you write his congressional office he will probably get them in March. All mail to Congressional offices is sent to another location, opened and then forwarded. It takes months.

Rep. Ron Paul
122 West Way, Suite 301
Lake Jackson, TX 77566

-t

Matt Collins
12-13-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't think it will be very effective in persuading Ron to run. Ron makes his own decisions independent of everyone else. That being said, I'm positive he's going to run. There are only 2 things that would deter him - bad health and the possible realization that he can be just as vocal chairing the subcommittee as he can running for President.

Yieu
12-13-2010, 11:13 AM
To point out something rather important, if you mail his district office, he should get them over the holidays. If you write his congressional office he will probably get them in March. All mail to Congressional offices is sent to another location, opened and then forwarded. It takes months.

Rep. Ron Paul
122 West Way, Suite 301
Lake Jackson, TX 77566

-t

Thanks, added to the OP.

payme_rick
12-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Letter written... Basically I said I was concerned with an issue in my disrict 14 community... A couple down the road has "Ron Paul 2008" signs and stickers everywhere: trucks, yard, trees, cat, horse... I told him I wanted them removed... and replaced with "Ron Paul 2012" stickers and signs...

JamesButabi
12-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I need to combine this with a letter or appreciation for changing my life. Never have done it before.

tangent4ronpaul
12-13-2010, 11:20 AM
letter written... Basically i said i was concerned with an issue in my disrict 14 community... A couple down the road has "ron paul 2008" signs and stickers everywhere: Trucks, yard, trees, cat, horse... I told him i wanted them removed... And replaced with "ron paul 2012" stickers and signs...

rotglmao! :d

Yieu
12-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Even if it wouldn't affect his decision on whether he is going to run (which it might), I'm sure he would feel deeply moved if we all wrote from our hearts about wanting him to run again, and he would be bound to mention how motivated we made him in interviews, which would give a good impression to others.

hazek
12-13-2010, 12:13 PM
I really wish that if he does run, he hires a professional who understand NLP so they can go through all of his talking points and speeches and remove all the bad language he uses.

For example I think it hurt's him tremendously when he says stuff like "As president I do not want to run your life, your family or your religious beliefs, I do not want to run the economy or police the world, I don't know how and I don't have the authority and it doesn't work." - from his Iowa straw poll speech

I completely agree with his message, don't get me wrong, it's just the deliverance is awful for attracting enough people to actually have a shot at winning. Sure he will attract those similar to us, who use reason to make their decisions and and are not easily pulled in by emotional propaganda of other campaigns but that is not the majority of the voting public. The majority votes for whoever they FEEL is the right candidate. Reason has little to do with it.

Unless we realize this and do something about, he will never achieve anything but a bit more exposure and potentially make way for some pawn to harness all this contempt of the current state of the government.

tangent4ronpaul
12-13-2010, 12:22 PM
He also has to change how he talks about abortion. That killed us last time. He needs to talk about his position of it being a state issue and not his personal beliefs.

As to a letter writing campaign, one thing that will influence his decision is how much support he has out there. This could help.

As for writing, might I suggest Christmas cards?

-t

Matt Collins
12-13-2010, 12:24 PM
I really wish that if he does run, he hires a professional who understand NLP so they can go through all of his talking points and speeches and remove all the bad language he uses.You don't know Ron very well :-)

hazek
12-13-2010, 12:32 PM
You don't know Ron very well :-)

How can you say that? If I didn't know him well I wouldn't have written my post since I'd have thought his mistakes were obvious and he'd correct them him self. But I know he doesn't want to pander and never will and that he is very principled on his positions and will never change them and I'm wasn't suggesting he does!

All I'm saying is if he wants to actually affect change in your country he could do a lot more and a lot faster if he became president. And to become president it takes a lot more then to appeal with reason.

I just wish I could meet the guy for an hour and show him some stuff to convince him of this.

Matt Collins
12-13-2010, 01:58 PM
I just wish I could meet the guy for an hour and show him some stuff to convince him of this.Again, you don't know Ron very well :-)

But you can often times catch him for a few minutes at his Congressional office.

hazek
12-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Ok now I'm confused. Are you saying he already knows what I wrote or that he will never change his ways?

RonPaulFanInGA
12-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Physical paper is certainly a better route than an e-mail.

That being said, I'm positive he's going to run. There are only 2 things that would deter him - bad health and the possible realization that he can be just as vocal chairing the subcommittee as he can running for President.

He better....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?257221

malkusm
12-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Guys, rather than personally mailing him, do you think it might be more effective to write letters that can be publicly distributed in local newspapers?

Heimdallr
12-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Great idea! Gonna get on that promptly.

rprprs
12-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Ok now I'm confused. Are you saying he already knows what I wrote or that he will never change his ways?

Hmmm...Looks like you don't know "The Collins" very well, either. ;)

hazek
12-13-2010, 02:35 PM
OK guys I mean can you stop beating around the bush please? I'm not stupid, so please, do elaborate.

BuddyRey
12-13-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm always looking for an excuse to break out my stationery. Here it is!!!

low preference guy
12-13-2010, 04:13 PM

super double facepalm

low preference guy
12-13-2010, 04:16 PM
I really wish that if he does run, he hires a professional who understand NLP so they can go through all of his talking points and speeches and remove all the bad language he uses.

For example I think it hurt's him tremendously when he says stuff like "As president I do not want to run your life, your family or your religious beliefs, I do not want to run the economy or police the world, I don't know how and I don't have the authority and it doesn't work." - from his Iowa straw poll speech

That's my favorite quote by Ron Paul and is the reason I support him. Thank God there is not a chance in hell Ron is going to take hazek's advice.

agar
12-13-2010, 04:19 PM
that reminds me of miracle on 34th street when all those letters to santa were dumped on the judges desk.

reduen
12-13-2010, 04:24 PM

+1

reduen
12-13-2010, 04:28 PM
That's my favorite quote by Ron Paul and is the reason I support him. Thank God there is not a chance in hell Ron is going to take hazek's advice.

+2

reduen
12-13-2010, 04:29 PM
super double facepalm

+3

RonPaulFanInGA
12-13-2010, 04:29 PM

What a way to kill support. "Hey guys, I'm not trying to win...but please donate."

Either run to WIN or don't bother. Leave the "education campaign" myth to the Libertarian party: who, after forty full years, is oh so close to winning. :rolleyes:

reduen
12-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Hmmm...Looks like you don't know "The Collins" very well, either. ;)

+4

Son of Detroit
12-13-2010, 04:30 PM
If he tries to win, the education will follow. It's not mutually exclusive.

reduen
12-13-2010, 04:32 PM
what a way to kill support. "hey guys, i'm not trying to win...but please donate."

either run to win or don't bother. Leave the "education campaign" myth to the libertarian party: Who, after forty full years, is oh so close to winning. :rolleyes:

+5 :d

hazek
12-13-2010, 05:14 PM

I'm sorry to tell you but you missed my point.

My argument is that there are two kind of voters:
1. there's us, those who actually educate our self about the candidates in detail, listen to debates and primarily form our opinion based on reason on who to support with our vote
2. there's the sheeple, which are the majority, who do not pay too much attention other then the news here and there and usually make up their minds from just a few sound bites they hear from a candidate and are driven by EMOTIONS when they vote

You and me we're in the first group.

MAJORITY is in the second. To win you need the majority and hence you need to appeal to their feelings not so much reason.

Having said that it's not that bad of a line, especially if we're the audience and he's preaching to the quire but if he's out there trying to win over new voters who'll only listen to sound bites, those sound bites need to appeal to their emotions.

Please, please I beg you to watch this: Deceiving Images (http://www.linktv.org/video/2142) and realize how unbelievably important this aspect is!

Yieu
12-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Hey... this thread is about writing letters to convince him to run, not about potential issues with running. :P

So who's going to write a letter? :)

Yieu
12-13-2010, 11:50 PM
//

Yieu
12-14-2010, 10:31 AM
//

DeadheadForPaul
12-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Becoming a perrenial losing candidate is discrediting. Run to win, or throw his support behind somebody else that wants to run to win. The C4L can work on the educational front.

+1776

I'm not gonna waste my time on a second educational campaign.

The ideas are out there now. It is time to take action and win offices.

2012 will be a chance to get some more of our candidates in office and put forth a serious Presidential run.
If Ron is unwilling to do what it takes, then he should step aside

Andrew-Austin
12-14-2010, 11:27 AM
+1776

I'm not gonna waste my time on a second educational campaign.

The ideas are out there now. It is time to take action and win offices.

2012 will be a chance to get some more of our candidates in office and put forth a serious Presidential run.
If Ron is unwilling to do what it takes, then he should step aside

What a way to kill support. "Hey guys, I'm not trying to win...but please donate."

Either run to WIN or don't bother. Leave the "education campaign" myth to the Libertarian party: who, after forty full years, is oh so close to winning. :rolleyes:

Hopefully he just leads people like you on that he is 'trying to win' and runs an educational campaign like he did last time. The freedom movement should be bigger than the presidency, and trying to impose change from the top down.

I don't know why people act like everything hinges upon Ron Paul becoming President here, if that is the case then we are already lost. But it isn't the case, you guys are just impatient and part of you still worships the political system.

Yieu
12-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Write a Letter to Dr. Paul!

RonPaulFanInGA
12-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Hopefully he just leads people like you on that he is 'trying to win' and runs an educational campaign like he did last time. The freedom movement should be bigger than the presidency, and trying to impose change from the top down.

Losers (deservedly) get squat in politics. And the idea of an "education campaign" is laughable. Who came up with that gem? It reeks of spin from some third party trying to explain why people should continuing giving their money to it or something. "Yeah we're not winning anything; but we're educating and it's worth it!"

Have you ever met even one person who claims to have been "educated" by a Libertarian party candidate? If anything; losing and getting less than 1% of the vote is going to make people think that person must have been fringe.

TNforPaul45
12-19-2010, 10:09 PM
guys, rather than personally mailing him, do you think it might be more effective to write letters that can be publicly distributed in local newspapers?

this this this this this!!!

Yieu
12-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Ron might announce soon, so write him kind letters encouraging him to!

Son of Detroit
01-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Bump! Sending out my letter today! I'm hoping it won't make a difference because he will have already announced by the time he reads it.

JoshLowry
01-04-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't think it will be very effective in persuading Ron to run. Ron makes his own decisions independent of everyone else.

Congressman Paul ran in 2007 due to encouragement from supporters. He's mentioned it in a number of interviews.

emazur
01-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Have you ever met even one person who claims to have been "educated" by a Libertarian party candidate? If anything; losing and getting less than 1% of the vote is going to make people think that person must have been fringe.

I've been educated by the LP and its candidates. I had no interest in politics when I was young and thought both parties were just a bunch of bullshitters in suits. In 2000 I read a book about libertarianism and voted in my first presidential election (for the LP's Harry Browne of course). Knowing that there was an organization that shared my beliefs encouraged me to look further into libertarianism and I subscribed to the newsletter put out by the Advocates for Self Government (http://www.theadvocates.org/) which is pretty much run by Libertarian Party members. In fact that newsletter is where I first heard of Ron Paul (didn't know much about him for years but I knew he was a good guy, so when I heard he was running in '08 I thought that was fantastic.) If not for the newsletter he may well have passed me by since the media ignored him since he wasn't one of their "frontrunners". Paul in fact praises (http://www.theadvocates.org/about/) the Advocates for Self Government:

“The Advocates has made invaluable contributions to the freedom cause. For over twenty years, the Advocates has worked tirelessly to help libertarians better communicate the ideas of liberty. I continue to be impressed by the Advocates' work."

- Congressman Ron Paul

I was living overseas for much of the 2000s and not paying much attention to U.S. politics and news, but I had been receiving that newsletter during that time, and I never would have bothered to look for a libertarian newsletter if there were no Harry Brownes in 2000. Later on I looked more in depth on Harry Browne and Michael Badnarik and learned much on just how strong Browne's stance on financial matters was and just how right Badnarik was about the Constitution.

And while I don't think he was ever a candidate, Rothbard helped found the LP and I have read some of his stuff as well as books by other LP members. So yes, Harry Browne planted a seed back in 2000 which has since sprouted and blossomed. If it happened to me, it has happened to many more people.

I don't worry about the "fringe" label. RP was the "fringe" in '08 and based on his campaign I learned alot more about the Federal Reserve and the non-aggression pinciple, and so did many more people

Romulus
01-04-2011, 05:06 PM
For those who want to poo poo education, how many of us would be here today if Ron decided not to run in 08 because he thought he couldn't win? I mean, why not just take George Stephanopolus' advice and just quit? I'm so sick of these negative, defeatist attitudes. The man has admitted that it depends on our support if he will run or not. If you don't support the idea of him running (whether its to win, the educate or *gasp* maybe both?!), then go sit on your hands and keep to yourself.

I'm writing a letter now.

Yieu
01-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Ron Paul said he is ambivalent about running because he doesn't know if the support base is there. One way to show it is there is to write a letter.

trey4sports
01-22-2011, 03:57 PM
yup, did it!

Yieu
01-22-2011, 07:45 PM
bump

BarryDonegan
01-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Guys, rather than personally mailing him, do you think it might be more effective to write letters that can be publicly distributed in local newspapers?

Way to take a good idea and make it into a great idea.

Is there a way to rename this thread the "OPEN LETTER (to the newspaper) BOMB"

hahaha

Imagine the impact that could have if it happened in a major way and every news organization got slammed with heart felt open letters all at the same time. That would be news within news within news.

speciallyblend
01-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Way to take a good idea and make it into a great idea.

Is there a way to rename this thread the "OPEN LETTER (to the newspaper) BOMB"

hahaha

Imagine the impact that could have if it happened in a major way and every news organization got slammed with heart felt open letters all at the same time. That would be news within news within news.

this needs to happen and like now and yesterday!!! somehow we need rpf to take this to the next level!!

Koz
01-22-2011, 08:54 PM
wrote mine a couple of weeks ago.

Thomas
01-22-2011, 08:59 PM
done

hazek
02-05-2012, 03:21 PM
That's my favorite quote by Ron Paul and is the reason I support him. Thank God there is not a chance in hell Ron is going to take hazek's advice.I'm sorry to tell you but you missed my point.

My argument is that there are two kind of voters:
1. there's us, those who actually educate our self about the candidates in detail, listen to debates and primarily form our opinion based on reason on who to support with our vote
2. there's the sheeple, which are the majority, who do not pay too much attention other then the news here and there and usually make up their minds from just a few sound bites they hear from a candidate and are driven by EMOTIONS when they vote

You and me we're in the first group.

MAJORITY is in the second. To win you need the majority and hence you need to appeal to their feelings not so much reason.

Having said that it's not that bad of a line, especially if we're the audience and he's preaching to the quire but if he's out there trying to win over new voters who'll only listen to sound bites, those sound bites need to appeal to their emotions.

Please, please I beg you to watch this: Deceiving Images (http://www.linktv.org/video/2142) and realize how unbelievably important this aspect is!

Ah yes, thank god he didn't take my advice, right?

EDIT: btw I can go on and bump similar threads and posts by me or others all day long where we warned well in advance what it takes to win and what will happen if we don't learn and use that knowledge

andrew1229649
02-05-2012, 03:54 PM
SnailMail® FTW!!!