PDA

View Full Version : Woman badly beaten by NYC cops for not picking up dog poop.

Anti Federalist
12-12-2010, 02:42 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/12/08/amd_anna_stanczyk_injured.jpg

Ann Stanczyk had a Black Friday she'll never forget - the 49-year-old Queens woman says she was humiliated and beaten by two NYPD cops in a dispute over dog droppings.

"They saw my dog and they said I didn't clean up," said Stanczyk, fighting back tears as she spoke in halting English. "I said, 'No, she only pee.' They, of course, not agree with me and I say, 'Show me. Where is it?'"

The officers found dog feces nearby, she said.

"Pick it up," she said one cop ordered her. "I got scared. I pick up. I said, 'It's cold, not belong to my dog.' When I smiled and said I didn't do anything, that made them very upset."

At that point, Stanczyk was handcuffed and arrested. When she used her feet to try to prevent them from closing the patrol car door to secure her, she says, the beating began.

"I get scared to death," she said. "I started to scream, 'My dog! My dog!' They punch me in my face. They punch me in my breast. They punch me in my stomach."

A neighbor ran over to take Psotka and cops took Stanczyk to the precinct. She was treated for her injuries - her knee still requires physical therapy - and charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/12/08/2010-12-08_cops_hit_me_cuz_i_didnt_pick_up_dog_poo_qns_wom an_plans_to_file_suit.html#ixzz17vrNOVvt

Brooklyn Red Leg
12-12-2010, 02:49 PM
More 'protect and serve'.

Golding
12-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Typical, especially of NYC cops. Paid vacations and/or bonuses coming up for a couple of overzealous officers?

I wonder if any of these victims, in their inevitable lawsuits that follow, ever go after the cops individually.

CCTelander
12-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Just cops doing the job they were hired to do. Nothing to see here.

...the police have NO DUTY to protect an innocent individual's rights and property. The courts in every jurisdiction throughout the US have universally upheld this position. Here's a whole thread on the topic:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=228509

Professional police forces do NOT exist to protect the rights and property of innocent individuals. They were NEVER intended for such a purpose. They exist solely and completely for the purpose of enforcing the will of the power elites, and protecting those power elites against YOU.

In other words they are, in effect, an occupational army whose sole purpose is to oppress YOU. Period.

They violate the rights of innocent individuals every day. They routinely taze, beat and kill innocent people. They destroy their property, bust down their doors, toss their premises and all this without even an apology. They throw innocent people in cages to be abused and raped. They regularly destroy the lives of innocents. They make false charges and then lie in court. The list of police abuses and usurpations goes on, and on, and on.

payme_rick
12-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Dog-shit Bomb for that precinct?

HOLLYWOOD
12-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Serfs and Turf... Shit Storm @ 11

MelissaWV
12-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Wow. That was a hell of a punch :eek: I don't say that to doubt her story, but rather... it's a malicious, awesome bit of force or some damned luck that causes that kind of bruise there. When I first saw the picture and went on to read the article, I thought I was going to read that she'd been stomped on.

jmdrake
12-12-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm surprised they didn't charge her with assaulting an officer's fist. Isn't that what usually happens in these cases?

Anti Federalist
12-13-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm surprised they didn't charge her with assaulting an officer's fist. Isn't that what usually happens in these cases?

The bullet fragmented upon entry into the body.

Suspect charged with destruction of government property.