PDA

View Full Version : Let's start planning: The internet will play a BIG role in determining the next POTUS

StateofTrance
12-11-2010, 08:19 PM
I think the moment Dr. Paul declares his intention to run, we should form small groups of online information disseminators and counter attack negative/mis-interpreted Ron Paul comments/vibes/news. Coordinated actions in small groups at the same time is a MUST.

libertybrewcity
12-11-2010, 08:26 PM
not very important in the large scheme of things. campaigns are won from getting volunteers to real houses and talking to real people, not "forming small groups of online information disseminators".

The key to winning is getting out the vote and swaying the undecideds. The ideologically driven voters have mostly made up their minds. The people that actually vote are not sitting in front of computer, they are sitting in front of tv, generally. if you want to form small groups to spread information, set up a meetup group online for your community and spread some pamphlets to neighbors, friends, and community members.

StateofTrance
12-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Of course but more and more people are getting rid of TVs. They are purely depending on the internet for news, opinions etc. Personally, I have always found people going door-to-door to be intrusive..sort of like what Amway people do.

hazek
12-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Not only that. I think in 2012 there is going to be this huge momentum of angry people wanting a real change in government but also a number of pawns set up by the media as candidates for change.

So not only do we have to counter attack negative/mis-interpreted Ron Paul comments/vibes/news, we also have to expose other candidates false promises and their corruptness.

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 10:04 PM
The only threat to Ron Paul 2012 is the gop and the gop establishment!! since ron will not run indy:(! The gop will do everything in its power to make sure Ron paul 2012 doesn't happen! I fear the gop is so corrupt we are just plain screwed!

the gop is the problem!

torchbearer
12-11-2010, 10:15 PM
internet will have little to do with us winning the Louisiana caucus.
i just need Ron to announce, and my work will begin.

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 10:22 PM
internet will have little to do with us winning the Louisiana caucus.
i just need Ron to announce, and my work will begin.

well unless we bust down behind the scene meetings and stop them in their tracks. they will already have killed ron pauls chances before they begin by doing business as usual like they did in 2008 in all the state gop talking points!!!

I hope your right torch but my dealings with the gop shows business as usual!!

torchbearer
12-11-2010, 10:31 PM
well unless we bust down behind the scene meetings and stop them in their tracks. they will already have killed ron pauls chances before they begin by doing business as usual like they did in 2008 in all the state gop talking points!!!

I hope your right torch but my dealings with the gop shows business as usual!!

my plan is to have numbers so big, that no matter how many rules they break, they can't throw out enough of our votes to win.
last time around was a learning experience. this time around, there won't be much sign waving, we will be working on one thing alone. gather a list of people to vote at the caucus. so come january 2012- we will dominate.
It is either that, or just don't do anything at all.
You either believe you will succeed or you fulfil a self-fulfilling prophecy of defeat.

I suggest, as we go forward, we go forward with the intention to win, the desire to win with the attitude of WIN written all over us. We must inspire confidence.
I'm going to leave 110% of myself in the next presidential primary. Ron says the word- louisiana delegates will be his. I have the ability to organize and move people in this state. It will happen.
I believe you can do the same.

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 10:38 PM
my plan is to have numbers so big, that no matter how many rules they break, they can't throw out enough of our votes to win.
last time around was a learning experience. this time around, there won't be much sign waving, we will be working on one thing alone. gather a list of people to vote at the caucus. so come january 2012- we will dominate.
You either believe you will succeed or you fulfil a self-fulfilling prophecy of defeat.

I suggest, as we go forward, we go forward with the intention to win, the desire to win with the attitude of WIN written all over us. We must inspire confidence.
I'm going to leave 110% of myself in the next presidential primary. Ron says the word- louisiana delegates will be his. I have the ability to organize and move people in this state. It will happen.

I hear ya. I will do my part and be a delegate and we had a huge presence in our convention in colorado! the sad part in colorado is 70% of republicans love biggovromney!!

torchbearer
12-11-2010, 10:40 PM
I hear ya. I will do my part and be a delegate and we had a huge presence in our convention in colorado! the sad part in colorado is 70% of republicans love biggovromney!!

we had 1800 total people vote in our caucus last time.
we had 600 votes of OURs thrown out. we still had 40 something percent of the vote after their fucking cheating. we stand a good chance to win here.

torchbearer
12-11-2010, 10:54 PM
>>

libertybrewcity
12-11-2010, 11:00 PM
we had 1800 total people vote in our caucus last time.
we had 600 votes of OURs thrown out. we still had 40 something percent of the vote after their fucking cheating. we stand a good chance to win here.

why did they throw out your votes? how can they do that when 1/3 of the voters are for one candidate?

torchbearer
12-11-2010, 11:05 PM
why did they throw out your votes? how can they do that when 1/3 of the voters are for one candidate?

http://www.infowars.net/articles/january2008/250108Win.htm

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/18949.html

Axsom said the complaint against the party consists of three parts.

The first includes a claim of a violation of party rules in failing to alert the general public two months prior to the registration deadline.

“The first time the Republican party mentioned anything to the public about the caucus was Dec. 17,” Axsom said.

The second part of the complaint is that the party pushed back the original Jan. 10 deadline to register as a delegate.

Paul campaigners registered 15 delegates in each district so voters could choose a full slate of delegates who supported Paul to vote for him at the Republican state convention.

Axsom said he submitted a full slate of Paul delegates to the party on Jan. 8. He said the list included 105 delegates and 70 alternates.

Axsom said six hours after he handed in the slate, Louisiana Republican Party communications and political director Jason Doré sent out a news release extending the deadline to register delegates until Jan. 12. Axsom said extending the deadline gave supporters of other candidates the opportunity to fill up their slates.

Doré was unavailable to comment.

Phillip Joffrion, Republican Party office volunteer, said the deadline was pushed back because of complaints that there was not adequate notification of the delegate registration deadline. He said news releases sent out to major media sources were not published in time to advertise the deadline.

“Jason Doré did not amend the rules. He decided to arbitrarily take authority into his hands that we believe he did not have,” Axsom said.

Axsom said the only way to push back a deadline would be through the Rules Committee at the state convention or the Republican State Central Committee.

torchbearer
12-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Shedding Some Light on the Louisiana Caucuses?
What is happening in Louisiana is a sad state of affairs that shows how desperately the electorate needs to get involved in their state political process. It also shows just how deeply divided the Republican Party is after eight years of George W. Bush. The Republican Caucuses in Louisiana give us a bird's eye view on how difficult this election season is for Republicans. When you add into the mix a little fancy footwork, bureaucratic red tape, and general confusion, you end up with what is happening in Louisiana.

There are generally three different kinds of primary systems in the US. There is the "direct primary" where the voters vote directly for the candidates for office. There is the "preferential primary" where the voters instruct their delegates on how to vote for their preferred candidates. There is also the "caucus", which is used by states such as Iowa and Nevada. Louisiana has recently instituted a hybrid of the last two. A read of the following article from the Shreveport Times is beneficial in explaining Louisiana's system: (Link Edited For Length)

The above author's questioning of this new system when he writes, "Not a few Republicans are unhappy with the caucus system trumping the choices of primary voters. "It takes away the rights of Republicans in Louisiana," said outgoing Rep. Charlie Lancaster, R-Metairie, a longtime party builder. "It's set up so a few people can control the operation? The long-shot possibility of a brokered convention would put uncommitted delegates like Villere and company in the catbird's seat in Minneapolis, though they might find themselves in the doghouse back home. Imagine how ordinary Republicans might feel if, by some outside chance, the outcome of the Louisiana primary still matters by Feb. 9, but their votes don't." has proven to be both timely and accurate.
In fact, a source (we'll call him "Jack") within one of the precincts in Louisiana has borne out the above author's worst fears. In a phone interview this afternoon, "Jack" confirmed the problems of the current system, and his frustration with his vote being useless unless one of the candidates receives a majority vote on February 9th. He detailed for me just how the primary system is set up. I asked "Jack", "How does "Pro-life/Pro-Family Uncommitted" become the winner in the Louisiana Caucus?".

He answered, "That's a technical term, meaning the GOP did not tell them they were bound to somebody. If a candidate in the Primary election receives more than 50% then they are assigned 20 bound delegates. If there are no bound delegates those twenty become at large." He went on to expound upon how the votes of those on February 9th would essentially be useless if no candidate receives more than fifty percent of the vote.

More important, was the concern of "Jack" about the LAGOP declaring McCain the winner in the Caucuses of the other night saying, "It's a complete twisting of the technical term. McCain is not the winner of the Louisiana Caucus". He was very concerned because it seems that more than a few of his acquaintances were actually recorded for more than one candidate. Some were on handbills for McCain, Romney, and Uncommitted. "Jack" questioned how they could declare McCain the winner when clearly votes had been counted for more than one candidate. In fact, "Jack" said, "Everyone I know agrees, there is no front runner in Louisiana. McCain is not the front runner."

"Jack" based the above statement on the fact that everyone was on the uncommitted ballot as well as the ballots of the candidate or candidates they were supporting, and on the fact that there were so many provisional ballots as yet uncounted. He seemed to be under the expectation that many of the provisional ballots would go to Ron Paul. However, whoever they went to, "Jack" was upset that the LAGOP would declare a winner, when the sheer number of provisional ballots guaranteed that there was no possible way a winner could be called.

In addition, "Jack" explained the difficulty the GOP was having even counting and verifying the provisional ballots because, "The GOP does not have an up to date list of the Roster. The Secretary of State's office was going to sell them the list for $5000 dollars. However, the LAGOP decided not to buy the list. The raw numbers were sent to all the delegates and alternate delegate applicants via e-mail. They posted them on the website, but then removed the link." (Some have since been reposted.) This is why there were so many provisional ballots, and why the parish by parish numbers have not been available, although some are becoming available as of this writing.

All of this calls into question the transparency of the Louisiana Republican Primary system, and leaves significant doubt that voters are getting a fair shake. It seems from the outside that there are machinations happening. "Jack" said that the Pro-life/Pro-family slate was added at the last minute. "The Pro-Life/Pro-Family slate was put together in the latter part of last week to ban together the best possible outcome for those individuals. And it was rumored that it was put together by former Governor Roemer.", "Jack" stated. At the very bottom of the following link, you can see just who former Governor Roemer is supporting: http://www.lanewslink.com/

Former Governor Roemer's Wikipedia biography is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Roemer

When asked who he thought had won the caucuses, "Jack" was under the impression that after all the provisional ballots were counted, Ron Paul would be declared the winner. He said, "In District 3 and District 7 Ron Paul has no shot. Districts 1, 2, &5 are looking exceptionally good. Districts 4 &6 are still in play." Since our interview, apparently District 6 has been counted and posted on http://www.lagop.com Apparently Ron Paul only picked up 13 delegates. We shall see how the other parishes play out.

The situation in Louisiana should not be happening in the "land of the free and the home of the brave". Our election process in the states and at the federal level should be transparent and easily verified. A voter should have confidence that his vote will actually have an effect on the nomination process. A voter should know that his vote is not just a useful tool to manipulate the process. A voter should know that his vote is for one individual, not a pseudonym to allow others to give his vote away. A voter should know that his vote actually elects his candidate. Voters should have the right to understandable parish by parish or county by county numbers showing who is winning, and showing a verified winner once all the votes have been counted. No candidate should be allowed to count votes that did not go specifically to him or her.

For Republicans, the situation in Louisiana is a sad commentary of the state of our once great party. The fact, that we have left behind our conservative roots, have branched into being the party that infringes on the constitutional rights of the citizens of these United States, and now have been reduced to giving our citizens taxation without representation by denying their right to one vote, one candidate, is reprehensible.

As for me, I call on the GOP to stand up and hold LAGOP responsible for this travesty! I can only hope that Ron Paul, who has run an honest open campaign, will win both in Louisiana and many other states, and save this nation from herself. However, given what I've detailed above I am very concerned for his chances. Obviously the Ron Paul Campaign is also concerned: http://www.nolanchart.com/article1417.html

Our country is ill, and what we need is a good doctor. Even so, whether Ron wins or not, as an American citizen I want voting to be fair and open for my fellow citizens and myself

torchbearer
12-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Ron Paul May Have Won Louisiana After All (gambling911.com)
submitted 2 years ago by Flemlord

http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/66o5v/ron_paul_may_have_won_louisiana_after_all

libertybrewcity
12-11-2010, 11:27 PM
ouch. this time those registered voters will not be provisional. Ron Paul just needs to get out the vote. he can definitely win this.

puppetmaster
12-11-2010, 11:35 PM
everyone I mean EVERYONE pledges 1 hour a day to knock on doors......seven days a week from the day he announces....hands out literature that hits home and is easy to understand. EVERY DAY....
don't try to convince nay sayers, wastes too much time...its all about name recognition and usually that ONE thing that convinces a person to vote for your candidate. Targeted literature that focuses on the demographic area you are in.

Bryan
12-12-2010, 10:26 AM
everyone I mean EVERYONE pledges 1 hour a day to knock on doors......seven days a week from the day he announces....
What about international supporters?

What should supporters do in late evening hours?

I agree, having supporters going to real house and talking to real people is key but there is still value and opportunity in other efforts. Obama's campaign did something similar to what the OP is stating.

My point being, there are fine grains to prioritizing.

BTW, I'm right with you on this, puppetmaster.

lynnf
12-12-2010, 10:41 AM

numbers so big, that no matter how many rules they break, they can't throw out enough of our votes to win.

don't forget what was done in Nevada -- shut the convention down and walked out the door when it was obvious the establishment was outnumbered.

be ready for that kind of thing, also.

lynn

torchbearer
12-12-2010, 10:43 AM
numbers so big, that no matter how many rules they break, they can't throw out enough of our votes to win.

don't forget what was done in Nevada -- shut the convention down and walked out the door when it was obvious the establishment was outnumbered.

be ready for that kind of thing, also.

lynn

everyone bring pitchforks and torches to the convention, block the exits, and confim the delegates. :cool:

puppetmaster
12-12-2010, 10:47 AM
What about international supporters?

What should supporters do in late evening hours?

I agree, having supporters going to real house and talking to real people is key but there is still value and opportunity in other efforts. Obama's campaign did something similar to what the OP is stating.

My point being, there are fine grains to prioritizing.

BTW, I'm right with you on this, puppetmaster.

you are right,a muti-faceted approach is key, different tactics at different times. EFFORT is required at all stages.

pacelli
12-12-2010, 11:07 AM
We've already started planning. Since February 2010 as a matter of fact. Here's the link to a specific and structured list of things that the grassroots can do beyond and including the internet. There's no sense in starting at square 1 in December 2010, when we've already compiled an exhaustive list based on observations and experiences from 07-08.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=232814

StateofTrance
12-12-2010, 12:59 PM

WOW..You really inspired me. That's right, we need to go forward with the fullest intention to win and win big. No ifs and buts.

StateofTrance
12-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Look at the comments here: http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/el1k4/ron_paul_5050_chance_ill_run_for_president/

This is why I need people to start our own counter-attack response team. Who wants to sign up?