PDA

View Full Version : Alert RPF Mod!!

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 06:54 PM
On your main www.ronpaulforums.com i now have above your 2 banner ads an alert telling me this is a site alert for our company. This has never happened before. Have you guys run something different above the 2 banner ads? something in the last 2 days has changed this! I highly doubt our job has done anything different to now alert rpf as an alert site! makes me think you guys put something on your head page or above banner ads that makes our wyndam watch site flag you guys. this has never happened before!! just wanted you guys to know!!

this is the warning
It appears you have attempted to access an Internet site that is of a non-business related nature. If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact Network Control (TSS) or send an email to the Wyndham Network Security Team.

sailingaway
12-11-2010, 06:58 PM
They have the Southern Avenger's video on conservatives and wikileaks there.

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 07:05 PM
They have the Southern Avenger's video on conservatives and wikileaks there.

ok,so something on that is setting it off then, i can still visit rpf but i wanted to let the mods know, maybe there is something they can do to clean up code??? i usually get a blank area and not a warning when its videos etc!! so something is still different that sets off this warning!

specsaregood
12-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Screenshot of the warning? I would assume that wyndam is using a 3rd party monitoring package. Identifying that might help.

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Screenshot of the warning? I would assume that wyndam is using a 3rd party monitoring package. Identifying that might help.

i posted the text on my op! it is a standard warning we have for sites but this has never happened before until they put this new video up, usually i just get blank spaces for video and no warnings! only get warning on main rpf page! It is standard that youtube videos do not work on my work puter but this is a first for warning on rpf site like this!

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 07:14 PM

right i know this but this has never happened before on rpf site! Wyndam usually just blanks out video or has it not working! This is a first for main page and i assume they made a video change in the last 2 days it wasn't doing this on wed or thursday and now it is. this isn't my boss or the 3rd party ,something is different in the video code or banner ad!

squarepusher
12-11-2010, 07:15 PM
so it begins...

james1906
12-11-2010, 07:17 PM
right i know this but this has never happened before on rpf site! Wyndam usually just blanks out video or has it not working! This is a first for main page and i assume they made a video change in the last 2 days it wasn't doing this on wed or thursday and now it is. this isn't my boss or the 3rd party ,something is different in the video code or banner ad!

Maybe you should stop dicking off at work and run up some extra towels and blankets to my room so I can build a fort.

The One
12-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Maybe you should stop dicking off at work and run up some extra towels and blankets to my room so I can build a fort.

:D Funny shit :D

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 07:20 PM
so it begins...

na it is not that bad hehe;) there is something in the banner ad or video code that is different! i just wanted them to know! Wyndham isn't crushing freedom:)

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 07:21 PM

na i just called the police and asked them to help you build that fort;) they will be knocking soon. Sold out and working my ass off, trying to get the hot tub to temp so i can call all the ladies down;0 remind me not to call your room youre busy playing forts with the po-po:) hehe

IPSecure
12-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Interesting...

I gandered at the page source, keyword: '2008'
Time for an update maybe?

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Interesting...

I gandered at the page source, keyword: '2008'
Time for an update maybe?

i have never got this warning before on the main page! it didn't block me but i figured rpf should know that something triggered this warning for the first time over here;)

Cowlesy
12-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Nothing I can do about it, but I am sure Josh/Bryan will see it.

Sometimes at work, Websense will block some google ads as "Adult" or "Tasteless" or some other variety of unsavory term.

UtahApocalypse
12-11-2010, 07:48 PM
I wonder if the title of the video including the word "wikileaks" has been blacklisted

heavenlyboy34
12-11-2010, 07:51 PM

You still build forts out of towels and blankets? :confused: Are you about 9 years old? :eek: Furthermore, isn't it past your bedtime? :D

james1906
12-11-2010, 07:53 PM
You still build forts out of towels and blankets? :confused: Are you about 9 years old? :eek: Furthermore, isn't it past your bedtime? :D

It's my vacation! You can drink overpriced mojitos and watch a shitty cover band in the hotel lounge, I'll be up here guarding myself from marauders.

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Nothing I can do about it, but I am sure Josh/Bryan will see it.

Sometimes at work, Websense will block some google ads as "Adult" or "Tasteless" or some other variety of unsavory term.

no worries i just wanted you guys to know:) usually i just get blanks on youtube or ads on rpf nothing more!

CaseyJones
12-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Truth Is tasteless in the empire of Websense!

libertybrewcity
12-11-2010, 08:28 PM
screen shot or it didn't happen..

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 08:30 PM
did someone at rpf do something? i am now getting this message now above the 2 banners!

The webpage cannot be found
HTTP 400
Most likely causes:
There might be a typing error in the address.
If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:
Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

More information

This error (HTTP 400 Bad Request) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the web server, but the webpage could not be found because of a problem with the address.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

this is what i am getting where the video should be and rpf forums downloads underneath!! that is better then before. In a good page load it should just show up blank! then rest of rpf shows up!

RonPaulCult
12-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Are you allowed to view youtube videos at work?

The main page has a youtube video above the banner ads at the moment. I'm sure that's the cause. You work is blocking youtube and trying to get you to do REAL work. I bet they block facebook too.

Time to start looking for a new job :)

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Are you allowed to view youtube videos at work?

The main page has a youtube video above the banner ads at the moment. I'm sure that's the cause. You work is blocking youtube and trying to get you to do REAL work. I bet they block facebook too.

Time to start looking for a new job :)

nope facebook is not blocked;) i am getting the warning sometimes and then a page not found sometimes . it has to be that video> you tubes on rpf shows as a title and then blank. but this youtube is causing a warning at homepage!!

teacherone
12-12-2010, 02:57 AM
you visit this site at work??

dude--- hot topics= nsfw.

i stay away from this place like the plague until i'm safely behind my own firewall.