PDA

View Full Version : I saw my first "wild" Ron Paul shirt AND bumper sticker today.

honkywill
10-21-2007, 03:52 PM
The first one was while I was at work. I'm a cashier so I figure my odds of seeing this are greater than most.

I wondered if I'd ever see a stranger with a Ron Paul shirt in south east Alabama.

Turns out the guy was the organizer for the Tallahassee meet-up.

I clocked out five minutes later, hopped in my Ron Pauled minivan and got on the road home.

I then noticed the truck directly in front of me had a Ron Paul bumper sticker on it!

I didn't notice the truck as belonging to any of my fellow meetup members so I made it a point to speed up and get a look at this person.

By the time I had pulled up beside the truck the lady driving was looking my way smiling and waving!

I thought this was odd because I didn't remember her face, then I remembered I have a huge Ron Paul magnet on the front of my hood!

Two random encounters within 10 minutes!

Roxi
10-21-2007, 03:55 PM
SWEET, my aunt who lives in alabama is now a ron paul supporter... wtg

i had a thumbs up from an old man earlier just a quiet drive by thumbs up

Corydoras
10-21-2007, 04:08 PM
It is just the greatest feeling to see these things "in the wild." I remember once I was in a cab and the cabbie said, "You're the only one who talks to me about Ron Paul, why is that?" And just then a car switched lanes in front of us and it had a Ron Paul bumper sticker... I said, "See, I'm not alone!" He was VERY impressed.

honkywill
10-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Working at a gas station I've learned our(RP supporter's) paths cross many many times.

Wearing the colors is what it's all about though.

Hummtide, a poster here, could attest to this. When we first met he ran into me and my girlfriend within the same hour.

My girlfriend was working at a pediatrician's office at the time about 10 miles away from where I work.

atariman486
10-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Awesome! I wore my RP shirt to class the other day and my project partner for a research project commented on my "nice shirt." I asked if he's heard of him, and it turns out he's already a RP supporter!

Geronimo
10-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Since I put a Ron Paul sign in my front yard, the amount of cars that go by and honk their horns has increased dramatically.

angelatc
10-21-2007, 04:27 PM
I had a soccer Mom ask me about that guy on my van. I handed her a liberty card, and discussed what's wrong with the system, and talked about Paul's belief in small government and the Constitution. I think she might look him up.