PDA

View Full Version : Has the gov't rode out the body scanner uproar?

JustinTime
12-11-2010, 01:51 PM
It seems the furor over the nekkid scanners and pat downs has burnt itself out, the media and public attention has moved on. I predicted the Obama administration would simply ride it out, and it looks to me as they've done it.

Now, the initial shock of the intrusiveness will be gone, and people will naturally feel more at ease with this.

DirtMcGirt
12-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Yes, we have become a neurotic nation that can't focus on an issue for more than 6 days straight... We will have to see if the new Congress brings up any bills concerning passenger rights, IMO Ron or Rand should do this as soon as Congress comes back in session...

sailingaway
12-11-2010, 02:15 PM
They pulled them for a while. They have just decided to put them back in. They figured out that the holiday season when people have long days with kids is not going to be when they see trouble, and they are going (my opinion) to say, after the Christmas holidays 'see, no biggee.' But it is.

The opt out day was the wrong way to go though, because people are reluctant to inconvenience others and if you go to the expense of buying tickets, you are on your way somewhere, not with time to kill.

BUT that doesn't mean a different form of protest wouldn't catch on. When Ron Paul came out against this, my google search on him found comments in the oddest places saying things like 'my heart is filled with love for this man'..... there were at least as many comments on that as with wikileaks. People hate it, they just don't know what to do about it.

Obviously, driving helps, but it is blamed on the bad economy, not revulsion to the big brother state.

pcosmar
12-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Let them eat Cake.

They don't care. They are not asking for obedience.
They Impose.
They demand.

And they ignore the complaints.
You can't vote them out, They control both parties.
:(

sailingaway
12-11-2010, 02:20 PM
People aren't going to get 'over' someone shoving their hands in their crotches. And in particular, the most modest group, the elderly, are the ones hit with that without even a choice of the strip search by photograph, what with knee and hip replacements, pacemakers etc.

cswake
12-11-2010, 02:21 PM
What scanner uproar? :p Don't worry, the nation of sheep will get used to it...