PDA

View Full Version : Obama Tax Bill - A Clever Political Play

AlexMerced
12-11-2010, 09:50 AM
http://votemerced.blogspot.com/2010/12/obama-tax-bill-clever-political-play.html

read the article at the link to see all the links to many videos

Obama Tax Bill - A Clever Political Play by Alex Merced

This article is not about how good or bad the Obama tax compromise is, if you want to hear my thoughts watch my videos where I debunk the idea that the bill is stimulative and discuss the rhetoric of how much it increases our deficit. After making these videos and seeing the reaction from the democrats opposing the compromise, it became clear what this political move was intended to accomplish, allowing the tax cuts to expire while allowing Obama to move to the center at the same time as a republican congress comes in January.

Obama accomplishes this by allowing two tax bills which each had major opposition from each of the major parties, which allows both parties to avoid political gains or losses since each can blame the other party for not getting behind the bill they liked. So to neutralize the political risk of either party appearing like they support a tax increase, Obama makes a compromise with republicans which he should know full well his party won't support yet moving the perception of him more to the center.

From a political standpoint, this a brilliant political move showing why Obama has been able to rise so far so fast even if I fundamentally disagree with his entire platform and ideology.

From a Liberty standpoint, this is a loss since more peoples property will be confiscated.

From an economic standpoint, this may actually be the best scenario that can be realistically expected cause the deficit shrinks and the unemployment extension does NOT happen which are two conditions to have the investment capital and labor restructuring needed to move foward. While many people fear that an increase in taxes will turn into an increase in spending, I'm expecting a fair bit of gridlock for the next couple of years I wouldn't expect any new major spending until after the 2012 election and up until then further deficit reduction being the main discussion along with a reoccuring discussion of Immigration and Don't Ask Don't tell. Does this prevent the impending Treasury Bond Bubble, Deflation/Hyperinflation Scenario, or collapse of european stabilization fund? Not at all, we are all still in for one hell of a ride over the next decade.

AlexMerced
12-11-2010, 10:39 AM
really, nothing, I thought it was interesting turn of events.