PDA

View Full Version : The reason why there are no filthy rich supporters who'd support Ron Paul with money

hazek
12-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Maybe this is self evident but it only just now accrued to me so I thought I'd share.

I just listened to:

http://mises.org/media/5384

and realized that most rich people of the world wouldn't be filthy rich if it hadn't been for the government protecting their businesses and it's in their best interests to keep it that way.

Travlyr
12-11-2010, 08:44 AM
+rep ... Isn't that the truth ... the authority to print money out-of-nothing must be protected.

awake
12-11-2010, 09:10 AM
There are two kinds of rich, the good kind and the bad kind. One is riches through government aggression (stealing) the other is by serving best your fellow men (voluntary exchange). The government always claims the moral high ground of the latter. They use this deceptive platform with great success to attack the market to such a degree that people start to see it as a viable means. 'If you can't beat them , join them'. Which is the equivalent of joining with the thief that steals from you.

I am all for rich people, as long as they are not using the aggression of government to achieve it. It is their reward for helping the rest.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Forget about Lepard?

noxagol
12-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Yeah, LLepard spent something like 80 grand for a USA today full page ad during the campaign.

hazek
12-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Maybe I need to clarify. I didn't mean to say that having rich people in a society is bad or that they are "bad" people. Not all, I'm all for being rich!

All I wanted to point out is perhaps the very obvious reason why more rich people don't stand up to the system and as I said I think it's because most got rich precisely because of the system making that possible for them where as perhaps free market never would have and that now if they want to stay rich they have to support the system and not fight it.

LLepard is an example of course.

ForeverAlone
12-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Is Jim Rogers not filthy rich? The dude is a billionaire.

I don't know if he's ever donated money, but he definitely supports Ron Paul. The Mises Institute even invited him to speak at one of their events. By the way, does anyone have video of that speech?

Matt Collins
12-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Peter Thiel supports both Ron and Rand Paul.

Ekrub
12-11-2010, 12:12 PM
I don't know llepard's financial situation, but I don't think that he's "filthy" rich like the OP is talking about. No doubt he is rich/wealthy/well off whatever, but I think he is talking about multi-billionaire "filthy" rich.

hazek
12-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Yes I meant more the billionaires of our world. And I meant support with money not just verbally.

jtstellar
12-11-2010, 01:30 PM
get rich n load up funds on liberty operations<--my new goal