PDA

View Full Version : The Swedish state TV produces documentary in tribute to Wikileaks

GreenCardSeeker
12-11-2010, 03:23 AM
This move definitely has me convinced that the Wikileaks effort is no serious grassroots effort at getting at the powers that be - when even state media endorses it. See http://svt.se/2.123489/1.2258209/wikirebels_-_the_documentary?lid=puff_2249257&lpos=extra_0 for an English description of this documentary.

"In less than a year Wikileaks has grown from a rather obscure website to a global political player, shaping world history and events, by revealing secret documents about warcrimes, corporate corruption and shady political backdoor dealings. Over several months a crew from Swedish Television has been following the secretive media network and its work behind the scenes. The result is a one hour feature documentary that tells the story behind the story."

Personally I believe Wikileaks has been infiltrated by Western media that wants more excitement about its reporting.

BamaAla
12-11-2010, 03:53 AM
No bearing on my thoughts. I think there is a tremendous amount of grassroots support in the whole operation; although, I freely admit that I could be wrong, and I wouldn't bet anything of significance on it.

Off topic: what part of Sweden are you in? I stayed in Lidingö for a month for school.

GreenCardSeeker
12-11-2010, 03:59 AM
No bearing on my thoughts. I think there is a tremendous amount of grassroots support in the whole operation; although, I freely admit that I could be wrong, and I wouldn't bet anything of significance on it.

Off topic: what part of Sweden are you in? I stayed in Lidingö for a month for school.

I guess there is a whole lot of grassroots effort carrying the message and excitement, contributing documents as well. But media is very selective with what they release.

I live outside of Sundsvall near the centre of the country.

BamaAla
12-11-2010, 04:27 AM
I guess there is a whole lot of grassroots effort carrying the message and excitement, contributing documents as well. But media is very selective with what they release.

I live outside of Sundsvall near the centre of the country.

I would much like to watch the show. Has it aired yet? Any chance we might be able to view it on the web?

I never made it that far north, but I did enjoy my time in the Stockholm area; I intend to make it back soon.

GreenCardSeeker
12-11-2010, 04:33 AM
I would much like to watch the show. Has it aired yet? Any chance we might be able to view it on the web?

I never made it that far north, but I did enjoy my time in the Stockholm area; I intend to make it back soon.

They usually put up their shows on svtplay.se for live streaming after they've been aired. There won't be any English subtitles of course, but the interviews will be available in English.

james1906
12-11-2010, 07:29 AM
What about the BS rape charges Sweden is prosecuting Assange on?

amy31416
12-11-2010, 08:03 AM
I found a link for it (it's linked on antiwar.com) and it won't play for me.

http://svtplay.se/v/2264028/wikirebels___the_documentary?cb,a1364145,1,f,-1/pb,a1364142,1,f,-1/pl,v,,2264028/sb,p118750,1,f,-1

Work for anyone else?

PatriotOne
12-11-2010, 09:22 AM

David Sanger was in charge of the release at the NYT's. Who is he?

Member of the CFR and Aspen Institute (funded by Rockefeller, Carnegie, and Ford Institutes).

PatriotOne
12-11-2010, 09:24 AM
What about the BS rape charges Sweden is prosecuting Assange on?

Assange is a MK Ultra mind controlled victim. He's done his job and is expendable like so many before him.