PDA

View Full Version : How to find your Representative!

jrich4rpaul
10-21-2007, 03:00 PM
http://www.house.gov/

Top left corner, you can type in your zipcode and search for your representative to contact them. This may help in supporting the American Freedom Agenda Act (http://dailypaul.com/node/3760) if you wish to email them about it.

Here is an example of an email to send. Feel free to create your own/edit:

On October 15, 2007, Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) introduced the American Freedom Agenda Act of 2007 (H.R. 3835). This important piece of legislation would reverse many of the Constitutional abuses that have occurred over the past six years.

In the name of the "war on terror," the Bush Administration and Congress have repeatedly abandoned Constitutional principles at the expense of civil liberties and human rights. If we allow this to continue, we may end up living in a nation that reflects the worst nightmare of our Founders. They designed the Constitution specifically to protect our rights against a tyrannical government. Even in times of crisis, we must be true to their vision.

The American Freedom Agenda Act would bar the use of evidence obtained through torture; require that federal intelligence gathering is conducted in accordance with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA); create a mechanism for challenging presidential signing statements; repeal the Military Commissions Act, which, among other things, denies habeas corpus to certain detainees; prohibit kidnapping, detentions, and torture abroad; protect journalists who publish information received from the executive branch; and ensure that secret evidence is not used to designate individuals or organizations with a presence in the U.S. as foreign terrorists.

At the start of each new Congress, you take an oath that begins with the following statement:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic…"

I sincerely hope that you will be true to your oath and will co-sponsor the American Freedom Agenda Act.

If you are interested in co-sponsoring this legislation, please contact Rep. Paul’s office at 225-2831.