PDA

View Full Version : This reality show is killing Palin’s presidential chances

RonPaulFanInGA
12-10-2010, 05:58 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/zontv/2010/12/sarah_palin_kate_gosselin_tlc.html

You are now a pop culture freak thanks to lowering yourself to the level of Kate Gosselin. Three million carnivalgoers enter the TLC tent to look at you each Sunday night. But when it comes time to elect a president in two years, it won’t be someone from the sideshow tent who gets their votes, believe me.

And by the way, don’t get too excited about your audience of 3 million once a week. Bill O’Reilly gets almost 4 million five nights a week, and he no longer has to play the crazed clown like Glenn Beck to do it. Nor does he have to kill any animals like you — or hang around with the likes of Kate Gosselin.

Lucille
12-10-2010, 06:08 PM
I pray that's true but in the Palintards' eyes, she can do no wrong.

Zippyjuan
12-10-2010, 06:17 PM
One can only hope- but as Lucille points out, in the eyes of the faithful it only makes her even more like one of them- which was the intent of the show in the first place. "Oh- look! Sarah is out doing normal stuff (like they all went out and shot a carabou and missed last week)! She isn't like those other politians." That was why Obama took "breaks" during his campaign to be seen out playing basketball.

TC95
12-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Palin/Gosselin 2012!

TonyFromTheBronx
12-10-2010, 06:28 PM
The rubes really eat shit like this up.

I really think the liberal media is hyping Palin because they know how easily she can be dismantled...and allow Obama a 2nd term.

The "attacks" against her from the left serve to build her creds with the Beck-bots.

Think about it. If you are an O-bot...and your boy is at 40% approval, which of the GOP field would you want to face?..Review these video clips and I think you'll agree that libs are salivating at the prospect of facing her in 2012.

My God...what a dispshit!

Palin on the bailout
YouTube - Palin: Bailout is about healthcare! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npUMUASwaec)

Palin on Foreign Policy
YouTube - Palin On Foreign Policy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nokTjEdaUGg)

The One
12-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Palin is killing Palin's presidential chances.

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Palin/Gosselin 2012!

needs tums after reading that post!

CaliforniaMom
12-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Palin/Gosselin 2012!

This had me laughing out loud :D

libertarian4321
12-11-2010, 01:52 AM
One can only hope- but as Lucille points out, in the eyes of the faithful it only makes her even more like one of them- which was the intent of the show in the first place. "Oh- look! Sarah is out doing normal stuff (like they all went out and shot a carabou and missed last week)! She isn't like those other politians." That was why Obama took "breaks" during his campaign to be seen out playing basketball.

I always thought Palin was an idiot, but at least thought, given the "Caribou Barbie" act, that she'd have some experience hunting.

I saw that clip of her attempting to hunt- it looked like a little girl on her first trip to the woods with daddy. She was jumpy, nervous, and utterly clueless. I thought she was going to shoot her dad by mistake.

Is anything about her real, or is it all just bull shit generated for political purposes?

TCE
12-11-2010, 01:56 AM
This speaks to the theory Palin is only using a potential presidential run to increase her fame and her bank account. It doesn't look like she's going to run with some of the shenanigans she's been pulling. Why incur all that stress when you can live the good life? Democrats won't hate her so much if she doesn't enter back into (Presidential) politics.

akforme
12-11-2010, 02:07 AM
Part of me things America really does deserve a President Palin.

cindy25
12-11-2010, 03:24 AM
Palin is still the front runner for the nomination, and if there is a 3 way, with Bloomberg as 3rd party, then she wins, either in the electoral college or in the house.

eOs
12-11-2010, 03:38 AM
*partoftheplan*

JohnEngland
12-11-2010, 04:08 AM
The show isn't killing Palin's presidential chances - because she never intended to run in the first place. I've always believed that and I still stand by it.

I've never been convinced that the moves she's made since the 2008 election have suggested such a run. Yet the media continue to keep up the false hype...

cindy25
12-11-2010, 04:37 AM
if Obama weakens, then Palin could be emboldened.

and Huck, Newt , PENCE are just as wacky.

sailingaway
12-11-2010, 10:11 AM
I pray that's true but in the Palintards' eyes, she can do no wrong.

Why would we want to coin a term like that?

I have to say, in Rand's campaign there were a lot of people who liked Palin. I agreed with them to a point on many things. Palin may decide to run for President, or may decide to stay out and influence politics as an 'opinion leader' who has a substantial following, while making money. I personally think she would end up prefering the latter and has a path laid out for her. But it is actually better for us if she runs, if Ron runs, so long as we keep things cordial with her supporters. She and Huckabee split much of the same vote, and her followers tend to be more liberty minded. They just seem not to have considered foreign policy, or are on a different side from us on that, not seeing Israel as 'another ally' but as something.... I don't know (don't quite understand why Israel isn't just another ally.) In fact, SOME do think there is some overriding reason to support Israel seemingly regardless of if it ruins our economy etc. I don't know that they are the majority. However, they are open to BUDGETING, and do seem to understand that waste and corruption can exist on the military side of the ledger as much as any other. For most, it isn't an 'outrageous suggestion' to look at the bid process for no bid contracts, or to mention the $2.4 trillion that went missing at the DOD that everyone forgot because 9/11 happened right after that.

I actually think we have an opening with many of her followers who are drawn to her for her states rights approach and independence, and would suggest we refrain from bashing. You well know how that makes us feel about a candidate, when Ron is bashed by their supporters.

AxisMundi
12-11-2010, 10:36 AM
We Moderates (and we Independents) are the ones who swing elections one way or the other, and as a Moderate, Palin scares me, to be quite frank.

Her religion is much too Fundamentalist, which, personally, I would have no concern about if she kept it in her private life. But she allows her religion to intrude into her politics and policies as much, if not much more, than Bush43 did.

She has no experience in foreign affairs, and what she has espoused is simple suicide for this Nation. Her financial ideals are simply ludicrousness, Alaska got along merely on Big Oil and remains the largest Federal welfare state per capita. Her domestic policies are also laughable.

She was foisted on Mr. McCain simply as an attempt to appeal to the far-right conservative Christian voting block, and cost him the election IMHO. The GOP would be wise to finally convince themselves that that voting block, although loud (and whiny), isn't large enough to require catering to during election, particularly on a National scale, whether in policy or choice of nominees.

So, from a Moderate, attention GOP. If you really want the Dems to win again, bring Palin up for a Republican nomination again.

sailingaway
12-11-2010, 10:43 AM
We Moderates (and we Independents) are the ones who swing elections one way or the other, and as a Moderate, Palin scares me, to be quite frank.

Her religion is much too Fundamentalist, which, personally, I would have no concern about if she kept it in her private life. But she allows her religion to intrude into her politics and policies as much, if not much more, than Bush43 did.

She has no experience in foreign affairs, and what she has espoused is simple suicide for this Nation. Her financial ideals are simply ludicrousness, Alaska got along merely on Big Oil and remains the largest Federal welfare state per capita. Her domestic policies are also laughable.

She was foisted on Mr. McCain simply as an attempt to appeal to the far-right conservative Christian voting block, and cost him the election IMHO. The GOP would be wise to finally convince themselves that that voting block, although loud (and whiny), isn't large enough to require catering to during election, particularly on a National scale, whether in policy or choice of nominees.

So, from a Moderate, attention GOP. If you really want the Dems to win again, bring Palin up for a Republican nomination again.

Well, I know my aunt, a lifelong gop moderate, voted for Obama because she was on the ticket. She does make some people mad enough to spit. I found it fascinating, though, kinda, watching how upset they got.....