PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Ron Paul Says He Won't Push for End to Fed `Up Front' (Bloomberg)

bobbyw24
12-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Representative Ron Paul, a Texas Republican who next month will take control of the House subcommittee that oversees the Federal Reserve, said today that he will “not really, not right up front” push for an end to the U.S. central bank.

“But obviously that’s the implication,” Paul said in a Bloomberg Television interview on “In the Loop” with Betty Liu. Paul said he was talking about a “transition.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-10/ron-paul-says-he-won-t-push-for-end-to-fed-up-front-as-house-panel-head.html

FrankRep
12-10-2010, 10:49 AM
We need a complete Audit of the Federal Reserve first.

Feeding the Abscess
12-10-2010, 10:50 AM
He can't push hard out of the gate. John -eh Boehner won't allow a subpoena right away, if ever.

sailingaway
12-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Representative Ron Paul, a Texas Republican who next month will take control of the House subcommittee that oversees the Federal Reserve, said today that he will “not really, not right up front” push for an end to the U.S. central bank.

“But obviously that’s the implication,” Paul said in a Bloomberg Television interview on “In the Loop” with Betty Liu. Paul said he was talking about a “transition.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-10/ron-paul-says-he-won-t-push-for-end-to-fed-up-front-as-house-panel-head.html

...Bloomberg is wetting their pants....

They were the ones who tried to run up a flag to get people to oppose his appointment -- launching supporters of his appointment, instead....

tsai3904
12-10-2010, 10:58 AM
YouTube - Bloomberg December 10 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbrRYOXl1U)

sailingaway
12-10-2010, 10:58 AM
He can't push hard out of the gate. John -eh Boehner won't allow a subpoena right away, if ever.

He has to have hearings clearly demonstrating the need for subpoena, so the public will help persuade leadership of that need.

Sola_Fide
12-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Ben Bernanke is crapping his drawers right now:)

Feeding the Abscess
12-10-2010, 11:02 AM
He has to have hearings clearly demonstrating the need for subpoena, so the public will help persuade leadership of that need.

John -eh Boehner handed out tobacco industry checks to members of Congress ON THE FLOOR before a vote on... the tobacco industry. His masters are corporate America, not the citizens of the country.

eugenekop
12-10-2010, 11:10 AM
The ability of Ron Paul to believe in completely radical ideas but not to treat his political rivals as enemies at the same time is admirable.

sailingaway
John -eh Boehner handed out tobacco industry checks to members of Congress ON THE FLOOR before a vote on... the tobacco industry. His masters are corporate America, not the citizens of the country.

I didn't mean he'd convince leadership it was 'the right thing to do', I meant voters would convince leadership they'd be tossed out in the next election as tools of the banking interests if they didn't go along with the subpoena.

Matt Collins
so the public will help persuade leadership of that need.That's our job! :D

Matt Collins
12-10-2010, 11:11 AM
YouTube - The Ron Paul Effect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ2V4bInxT4)

Chester Copperpot
12-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Bernanke should welcome the end of his job.. Hes given an impossible task anyway

Elwar
12-10-2010, 11:17 AM
For Ron Paul to go out of the gate with guns swinging would make people in Washington counter-act in such a knee jerk fashion that it would be over before it starts.

He needs to go out there and lay the foundation, exposing things in a methodic way so that it builds to the point where an end to the Fed will be welcomed by all but the most hard core Fed buddies.

His Audit the Fed bill wasn't completely successful, but it got enough to give people a peek into how things are done and people didn't like it. The window will be opened wider and he will have all of the ammo he needs to move forward.

Feeding the Abscess
12-10-2010, 11:19 AM
I didn't mean he'd convince leadership it was 'the right thing to do', I meant voters would convince leadership they'd be tossed out in the next election as tools of the banking interests if they didn't go along with the subpoena.

I'm saying that it won't matter. They don't answer to us. They answer to their corporate overlords. And if they are somehow pushed out, corporate interests will get another one of their guys promoted into leadership.

sailingaway
12-10-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm saying that it won't matter. They don't answer to us. They answer to their corporate overlords. And if they are somehow pushed out, corporate interests will get another one of their guys promoted into leadership.

I think it matters. I think it is the reason Ron has the gavel. They know they can only go so far. They might try something else to create an end run, but if they know this will get them kicked out, I don't think subpoena would be the thing they would fight for. I do understand their 'next' lobbying careers are where the real money is to be made, however, I don't think they want to leave under such a stink they couldn't be effective as lobbyists.

hazek
12-10-2010, 12:49 PM
I agree with Ron. First he needs to build up the public opinion in favor of an audit through tough hearings and pointed questions and once the public outrage is there the political support will follow.

Besides if he could only legalize competition it wouldn't matter any more what the FED does because the market would eventually phase it out.

bobbyw24
12-10-2010, 01:14 PM
http://goo.gl/FjKZE

Travlyr
12-10-2010, 01:54 PM
http://goo.gl/FjKZE

"Transparency Will be a Big Issue, writes Peter Schroeder at The Hill:"

Ron Paul and commodity currency are transparent. The Fed is hiding some bad stuff.

TheTyke
12-10-2010, 08:40 PM
If we succeed in legalizing currency competition, not only will it put the Fed out of business, but prevent it from being replaced by a global central bank. And Ron can do that much more subtly than ending the Fed outright... :)

muzzled dogg
12-10-2010, 08:44 PM
omg sellout