PDA

View Full Version : For the first time ever, The Fed will broadcast live, one of its meeting [thanks Ron]

bobbyw24
12-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Does Ron Paul Already Have the Fed on the Run?
Whoa!

For the first time ever, the Federal Reserve will broadcast live, one of its meeting. It's a propaganda meeting about debit card fees, but the Fed is all about secrecy. This new "openness" smells to me like an attempt to head off real digging by Congressman Ron Paul, who is the incoming Chairman of the House subcommittee on Monetary Policy.

What is the Fed hiding that they don't want Ron Paul to discover?

Here's the Fed release (my emphasis):

Release Date: December 10, 2010

For immediate release

The Federal Reserve Board announced on Friday that a live webcast of its December 16 open meeting will be available on the Board's website. At the meeting, which is scheduled to begin at 2:30 p.m. EST, the Board will discuss proposed rules governing debit card interchange fees and routing. This will be the first time the Board has webcast one of its meetings. The Board has previously webcast other public events such as Chairman Bernanke's town hall meeting with educators and a conference on addressing issues facing small businesses

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2010/12/does-ron-paul-already-have-fed-on-run.html

Sola_Fide
12-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Nothing but a den of thieves and robbers.

By God's grace we will rout them out.

Kords21
12-10-2010, 10:06 AM
It's a good first step to transparencey, but I don't think Ron cares that much about a dog and pony show about debit card fees and such. I think he's still going to be coming after them to look at the books and talk about the various agreements with foreign powers/banks. Helicopter Ben should get used to being in the spotlight for at least the next 2 years. He'll probably get to see Ron so much, he'll check under his bed and in his closet for Ron before going to sleep at night.

Philhelm
12-10-2010, 10:08 AM
He'll probably get to see Ron so much, he'll check under his bed and in his closet for Ron before going to sleep at night.

And to top it off, Ron will actually be there! :eek:

cswake
12-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Is this the first time they haven't delayed release of minutes from one of the Reserve Board meetings?

sailingaway
12-10-2010, 10:21 AM
This new "openness" smells to me like an attempt to head off real digging by Congressman Ron Paul, who is the incoming Chairman of the House subcommittee on Monetary Policy.

this^^

Like the sudden rush to put a slew of things no one cares about on their webpage while HR 1207 was nearing passage.

Dr.3D
12-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Should be a very boring meeting, since they know they are being watched.

Edit: Will there a real meeting before or after the cameras have been running?

mconder
12-10-2010, 10:54 AM
They'll just hold a public meeting to show openness and discuss the real deals in priviate meetings still. Nothing has changed.

TheTyke
12-10-2010, 10:57 AM
How much money did they have to print to pay the script writers, I wonder?

This is still good... efforts to mislead the public often end up backfiring in the long run. :)

sailingaway
12-10-2010, 12:22 PM
how much money did they have to print to pay the script writers, i wonder?
:

lol!

Nate-ForLiberty
12-10-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm sure this will be as boring as possible to in order to turn people off.

libertybrewcity
12-10-2010, 06:45 PM
the fed knows it is losing credibility because their policies are failing miserably. this is nothing but an act.