PDA

View Full Version : Nader: Obama’s a “con man,” hints at indie run in 2012

RonPaulFanInGA
12-10-2010, 07:59 AM
h XXp://hotair.com/archives/2010/12/10/nader-obamas-a-con-man-hints-at-indie-run-in-2012/

Bern
12-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Nader is going to run again? Who would have guessed?!

vita3
12-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Nader can win, IF he is part of a collective Independent Campaign.. no chance in hell of doing it alone.

Feeding the Abscess
12-10-2010, 08:53 AM
There's no chance he can win. Obama would pull the Uncle Tom soundbyte on him if Nader were a serious threat.

It wasn't a racial slur in the context Nader used it, but 95% of people listening will take it that way.

Bern
12-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Nader will pull 1% support away from the Dems and that's about it.

sailingaway
12-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Sigh, half of that one percent will be from RON if he runs (or at least, absent Nader, he could pick it up.)

Upside?

He'll make Ron seem young....

amy31416
12-10-2010, 10:19 AM
If Obama loses, they'll blame in on Nader......again.

Matt Collins
12-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Nader can win, IF he is part of a collective Independent Campaign.. no chance in hell of doing it alone.No Nader can't win the Presidency :rolleyes:

oyarde
12-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Nader calling someone a con man ..........

RonPaulCult
12-10-2010, 03:30 PM
No Nader can't win the Presidency :rolleyes:

Thank you George Stephanopoulos

RonPaulFanInGA
12-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Thank you George Stephanopoulos

Err, Stephanopoulos ended up being right.

Jordan
12-10-2010, 03:45 PM
One time I had a no good, terrible, bad day from a chain reaction of shitty events spawned from a dead car battery. Why was my battery dead? Because my SEAT BELT KEPT MY CAR DOOR OPEN JUST ENOUGH TO KEEP THE DOME LIGHT ON ALL NIGHT.

I raged so hard. All Nader's fault...all his fault. He'll never get my vote.

RonPaulCult
12-10-2010, 03:56 PM
One time I had a no good, terrible, bad day from a chain reaction of shitty events spawned from a dead car battery. Why was my battery dead? Because my SEAT BELT KEPT MY CAR DOOR OPEN JUST ENOUGH TO KEEP THE DOME LIGHT ON ALL NIGHT.

I raged so hard. All Nader's fault...all his fault. He'll never get my vote.

Maybe if you die in a car accident from not wearing a seat belt he'll get your vote. Oh wait...nevermind....you'll be DEAD.

libertarian4321
12-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Nader is going to run again? Who would have guessed?!

If Nader runs one more time, he gets a free sandwich from Subway.

They have some kind of deal- run 9 times and get a free 6" meatball sub on your next visit.

TCE
12-11-2010, 01:51 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Presidential_Election

Nader only got 0.56% of the vote last time, I expect in a more Republican year, he'll do a bit worse. 1% would be doubling his support.

YumYum
12-11-2010, 01:52 AM
h XXp://hotair.com/archives/2010/12/10/nader-obamas-a-con-man-hints-at-indie-run-in-2012/

this doesn't come up

low preference guy
12-11-2010, 01:53 AM
this doesn't come up

try this:

hotair.com/archives/2010/12/10/nader-obamas-a-con-man-hints-at-indie-run-in-2012/

or remove the space in h XXp and change XX to tt

YumYum
12-11-2010, 01:59 AM
try this:

hotair.com/archives/2010/12/10/nader-obamas-a-con-man-hints-at-indie-run-in-2012/

or remove the space in h XXp and change XX to tt

Thanks, it came up. Why do Libertarians hate Nader?

TCE
12-11-2010, 02:23 AM
Thanks, it came up. Why do Libertarians hate Nader?

He makes Obama look like a Conservative. Regulations on everything, minimum wage increased to around $10.00, Universal Health Care, etc. I don't hate him, but we probably only agree on a couple of issues, such as the war.

Tinnuhana
12-11-2010, 03:34 AM
George S's reply to Ron Paul...
Ron should have asked him if he was speaking from personal experience.

james1906
12-11-2010, 07:33 AM
There's no chance he can win. Obama would pull the Uncle Tom soundbyte on him if Nader were a serious threat.

It wasn't a racial slur in the context Nader used it, but 95% of people listening will take it that way.

Nader was proven right though.
YouTube - President Obama Uncle Sam or Uncle Tom- Ralph Nader (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IshiClQqCM)

ForeverAlone
12-11-2010, 08:07 AM
He makes Obama look like a Conservative. Regulations on everything, minimum wage increased to around $10.00, Universal Health Care, etc. I don't hate him, but we probably only agree on a couple of issues, such as the war.

This.

The people with the best of intentions usually end up being the biggest looters and establish a dictatorship when their plans don't work.

Matt Collins
12-11-2010, 11:37 AM
He also correctly identifies the problem of government-corporate collusion. Unfortunately his solution is more government :(

RonPaulFanInGA
12-11-2010, 11:51 AM
He makes Obama look like a Conservative. Regulations on everything, minimum wage increased to around $10.00, Universal Health Care, etc.

Why are there Nader/Kucinich fans on a Ron Paul website? :confused:

Especially weird because many of them will say "I don't vote for the lesser evil" in response to a hypothetical about voting between Obama/Romney or whatever but then will say "oh, I'll vote Nader." The hell?

james1906
12-11-2010, 12:01 PM

Especially weird because many of them will say "I don't vote for the lesser evil" in response to a hypothetical about voting between Obama/Romney or whatever but then will say "oh, I'll vote Nader." The hell?

Nader isn't seen as evil, just wrong. Many of us voted for Baldwin, despite us disagreeing with him on a number of social issues.

Kucinich was a good guy until he sold out on the Fed.

Son of Detroit
12-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Nader isn't seen as evil, just wrong. Many of us voted for Baldwin, despite us disagreeing with him on a number of social issues.

Kucinich was a good guy until he sold out on the Fed.

That makes no sense. I don't care how nice of a person someone is. If they're anti-liberty, why would you even think about supporting them?

specsaregood
12-11-2010, 12:29 PM

Because Nader agrees with us and Ron on many of the big issues of the day. He is an idealist, we may disagree on many things but the things we do agree upon we know he really means it.

There is a reason Nader was at the joint press conference with Dr. Paul at the end of the Presidential campaign.

On the topic though, I'd rather Dr. Paul -- should he decide to run -- offer Nader a position somewhere on his campaign team and office. I'm sure they could find somewhere to put him, where they agree wholeheartedly.

Matt Collins
12-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Nader pulled the Democrat Party to the left just as Ron is pulling the Republican Party to the right.

Lovecraftian4Paul
12-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Nader has been insanely underwhelming since his peak in 2000 of about 3%. He manages less than 1%. He gets a slim amount of media attention because the Democrats can't get over blaming him as a spoiler for their 2000 loss.

The best thing Nader is capable of doing is showing what anti-freedom thugs the Dems are. They were out in force with all sorts of schemes to knock him off the ballot in 2004, less so in '08. Nothing makes a leftist hack's face pucker like a sour lemon more than Ralph Nader running. However, that's about the only effect he has. Even the Green Party has stopped supporting his Presidential runs (and is dying as a result) because they have seem to be enforcing affirmative action on their own tickets for President. An old white man isn't any good to them.

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 05:08 PM
If Ron paul doesn't get the gop nominee or if Ron paul doesn't run indy. I would be more inclined to support folks outside the gop establishment!! At that point the gop wants to lose!

james1906
12-11-2010, 05:14 PM
That makes no sense. I don't care how nice of a person someone is. If they're anti-liberty, why would you even think about supporting them?

Nader is no fan of the Fed or our endless wars. That makes him better than the vast majority of politicians out there.

TCE
12-11-2010, 08:12 PM

If the choice is Obama vs. Nader, I'll take Nader any day of the week.

Son of Detroit: There is a difference between supporting someone and voting for someone. Support means lending your time, skills, and/or money to a candidate. Voting for someone can happen if there are only two choices in your district or someone is running unopposed. In Chicago, for instance, I get MAYBE one Liberty candidate every four years, if I'm lucky. The candidate never wins and never has a chance, so I donate to candidates in other states who do. In my district, I virtually always have a choice between a Neo Con and an Obama Democrat. Sucks, but I have to vote for one if those are the only two choices.

In the Presidential Election, if Dr. Paul doesn't run, hopefully Mary Ruwart wins the Libertarian Nomination this time.

Matt Collins
12-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Nader is no fan of the Fed or our endless wars. That makes him better than the vast majority of politicians out there.
Nader was responsible for starting OSHA and requiring seat belts in cars nationwide. :rolleyes: :mad:

libertybrewcity
12-11-2010, 08:21 PM
If the choice is Obama vs. Nader, I'll take Nader any day of the week.

Son of Detroit: There is a difference between supporting someone and voting for someone. Support means lending your time, skills, and/or money to a candidate. Voting for someone can happen if there are only two choices in your district or someone is running unopposed. In Chicago, for instance, I get MAYBE one Liberty candidate every four years, if I'm lucky. The candidate never wins and never has a chance, so I donate to candidates in other states who do. In my district, I virtually always have a choice between a Neo Con and an Obama Democrat. Sucks, but I have to vote for one if those are the only two choices.

In the Presidential Election, if Dr. Paul doesn't run, hopefully Mary Ruwart wins the Libertarian Nomination this time.

The nominee with be Wayne Allen Root. According to some libertarian insiders, he is absolutely the front. The libertarian doesn't care that he doesn't talk much about his stances on social issues, they just want to get as many votes as possible.

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Nader pulled the Democrat Party to the left just as Ron is pulling the Republican Party to the right.

i totally disagree, i want nothing to do with the right wing of the gop! ron paul is pulling to the middle:) or i wouldn't be registered republican! The right-wing of the gop is the problem with the gop! Ron Paul is not pulling anything to the right! He is just plain common sense!! the right-wing of the gop is a liability!

libertybrewcity
12-11-2010, 08:27 PM
he should run for senate. that would be cool if there was a four way race in the CT senate election. ithink he's from CT...

Matt Collins
12-11-2010, 09:12 PM
i totally disagree, i want nothing to do with the right wing of the gop! ron paul is pulling to the middle:) or i wouldn't be registered republican! The right-wing of the gop is the problem with the gop! Ron Paul is not pulling anything to the right! He is just plain common sense!! the right-wing of the gop is a liability!After Gore lost the election to a margin smaller than what Nader had earned, Ralph said "well maybe now the Democratic Party will pay attention to it's more progressive wing". Same thing with McCain. After McCain lost the election, the Republican Party now has no choice but to focus on their conservative wing, especially considering the Paul / Palin effect.

james1906
12-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Nader was responsible for starting OSHA and requiring seat belts in cars nationwide. :rolleyes: :mad:

Sadly, still better than the vast majority of politicians.

speciallyblend
12-11-2010, 10:14 PM
The nominee with be Wayne Allen Root. According to some libertarian insiders, he is absolutely the front. The libertarian doesn't care that he doesn't talk much about his stances on social issues, they just want to get as many votes as possible.

mary ruwart all the way barr and root got less votes in general. Mary ruwart rocks in the lp other then that i view the lp as dead to me and i was lp for many yrs until i heard Ron Paul. root reminds me of a sleazy slimy car saleman!! lp sold their souls to barr and root and got nothing but less votes!! lp will never be viable until they join a liberty coalition and unite under a new platform and brandname!!

If Ron paul doesn't get the gop nod! I will look to support Mary Ruwart in the lp and if the lp sells out again like they did for barr. then i will either vote cp or for someone else other then lp or gop!

Aratus
12-12-2010, 10:34 AM
ralph nader and mike gravel now want to run against
barack obama soooooooooo bad? who else is running?