PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Takes Assange Out Of Context

Zatch
12-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Watch 10:15 - 11:24
YouTube - December 9, 2010 (2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-XEYLxBUOA&feature=player_detailpage#t=615s)

Glenn Beck quoted Assange as wanting the organizations/countries they expose to "lock down internally and to balkanize"

This is what Assange said with more context:

Since 2006, we have been working along this philosophy that organizations which are abusive and need to be [in] the public eye. If their behavior is revealed to the public, they have one of two choices: one is to reform in such a way that they can be proud of their endeavors, and proud to display them to the public. Or the other is to lock down internally and to balkanize, and as a result, of course, cease to be as efficient as they were. To me, that is a very good outcome, because organizations can either be efficient, open and honest, or they can be closed, conspiratorial and inefficient.?

Assange interview: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2034040,00.html#ixzz17g46bef7

puppetmaster
12-09-2010, 10:38 PM
way out of context...Beck has his agenda as well...

Mach
12-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Yeah, he is just a feeder to the ones that eat up blind neo-patriotism.

He sits around with the Judge and hangs one day then he leaves and rambles propaganda, he's creating a mix of libertarian and neo-conism.... oh no.... neo-libertarian!

He will ramble on and on and I'm like.... wow, good stuff.... then when something actually happens out in the real world he fights for the total opposite of freedom. In other words, he plants seeds, then puts his special blend of fertilizer on the plant when it really needs it... bullshit!

Sentient Void
12-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I notice GB is *notorious* for taking shit out of context. On the same show, not only what you mentioned in the OP, but also with how Anonymous is for the 'chaotic good'. He interprets this to mean that 'chaos is good' and that they want chaos... but in actuality, if you look at it and understand it in context - it's referring to what all those on 4chan and most nerds on the internet would understand - D&D. 'Chaotic Good' is about the moral/ethical alignment *system* that is used in D&D, and all's a 'chaotic good' means, is complete disregard for the laws and systems in place - but to hold the *morality* of good as the ultimate form of justice.

for example, if you were to put 'libertarianism' in one of the 9 camps of moral/ethical alignment... it would be under 'Chaotic Good'.

Vessol
12-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Jesus christ you guys are bipolar on Beck. One day you want to make sweet sweet love to him, the next day you are accusing him of taking things out of context and cheating on you.

I have more crazy ex's that are more consistent than these boards on the subject of Glenn Beck.

low preference guy
12-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Glenn Beck Criticizes Sarah Palin For Remarks On Julian Assange (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/glenn-beck-criticizes-sarah-palin-on-wikileaks-video/)

Sentient Void
12-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Jesus christ you guys are bipolar on Beck. One day you want to make sweet sweet love to him, the next day you are accusing him of taking things out of context and cheating on you.

I have more crazy ex's that are more consistent than these boards on the subject of Glenn Beck.

This is true - but Beck's Bi-Polarness makes us bi-polar.

One day he's saying shit we *love* - pushing great books like FA Hayek's 'Road to Serfdom'... saying he's leaning libertarian, almost horizontal... saying he's thinking we should pull our whole empire back, and that gay marriage shouldn't be an issue, smokign pot shouldn't be an issue, etc...

then he goes all schizo and says some really ignorant shit.

I guess we can't help it if we really want more MSM libertarians... and Beck wants to become one it seems, but is... just not truly there yet. He's confused.

i wouldn't call him controlled opposition though. Just confused. Judge Nap and Stossel just need to talk to him more.

jmhudak17
12-09-2010, 11:19 PM
I like Glenn Beck a lot of the time, but I'll admit he's wrong here.