PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon Papers Whistleblowers Call for a New 9/11 Investigation

Lucille
12-09-2010, 07:07 PM
ZH: Pentagon Papers Whistleblowers Call for a New 9/11 Investigation (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/pentagon-papers-whistleblowers-call-new-911-investigation)

The main players in releasing the Pentagon Papers were Daniel Ellsberg and Senator Mike Gravel.

Ellsberg is, of course, the former military analyst and famed whistleblower who smuggled the Pentagon Papers out of the Rand Corporation.

Senator Gravel is the person who read the Pentagon Papers into the Congressional Record. This act made the papers public record, so that they could not be censored by the government.

Ellsberg and Gravel are receiving a lot of media attention right now for their support of Wikileaks.

But little attention has been paid to Ellsberg and Gravel's support for a new 9/11 investigation.

Ellsberg says that the case of a certain 9/11 whistleblower is "far more explosive than the Pentagon Papers". (Here's some of what that whistleblower says.)

He also said that the government is ordering the media to cover up her allegations about 9/11.

[more, plus links, at the link]

CaliforniaMom
12-09-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm hoping that Wikileaks will reveal something about 9/11 too.

torchbearer
12-09-2010, 07:16 PM

i would be interested in seeing the wires around that time.
by the way, welcome to the forums.

jmdrake
12-09-2010, 08:19 PM
The 9/11 Whistleblower Elsberg is talking about is Sibel Edmonds.

Bombshell: Bin Laden worked for US till 9/11
Share466 0
by lukery

Fri Jul 31, 2009 at 05:01:42 AM PST

Former FBI translator Sibel Edmonds dropped a bombshell on the Mike Malloy radio show, guest-hosted by Brad Friedman (audio, partial transcript).

In the interview, Sibel says that the US maintained 'intimate relations' with Bin Laden, and the Taliban, "all the way until that day of September 11."

These 'intimate relations' included using Bin Laden for 'operations' in Central Asia, including Xinjiang, China. These 'operations' involved using al Qaeda and the Taliban in the same manner "as we did during the Afghan and Soviet conflict," that is, fighting 'enemies' via proxies.

I hope the 9/11 families that did the http://buildingwhat.org campaign will at some point do a campaign demanding that her gag order be lifted. The "buildingwhat" campaign brought Geraldo around to (somewhat) of a liberty position.

Agorism
12-09-2010, 08:22 PM
What does Mike Gravel have to do with the pentagon papers?....

Sounds like Gore inventing the internet to me.

oyarde
12-09-2010, 08:25 PM
I do not know how fbi translator would have knowledge of an operation in Xinjiang ? Something strange .

jmdrake
12-09-2010, 08:29 PM

Mike Gravel read the Pentagon papers on the senate floor. Before that no newspaper would publish them out of fear from the government.

torchbearer
12-09-2010, 08:31 PM

To ensure the possibility of public debate about the content of the papers, on June 29, US Senator Mike Gravel (then Democrat, Alaska) entered 4,100 pages of the Papers to the record of his Subcommittee on Public Buildings and Grounds. These portions of the Papers were subsequently published by Beacon Press, the publishing arm of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations

jmdrake
12-09-2010, 08:36 PM
I do not know how fbi translator would have knowledge of an operation in Xinjiang ? Something strange .

An FBI translator would have a access to a lot more information than an army private. If any of the correspondence was in a language she was competent in (like Arabic), there is a decent chance she might see that. I don't at all understand why you think that is strange.

oyarde
12-09-2010, 08:40 PM
An FBI translator would have a access to a lot more information than an army private. If any of the correspondence was in a language she was competent in (like Arabic), there is a decent chance she might see that. I don't at all understand why you think that is strange.

I think it is strange because it would be a cia op and while I am sure everyone is short on translators , it is hard to imagine them bringing someone in from that agency ?

lynnf
12-09-2010, 09:09 PM

the best I can recall, since there was a shortage of translators, the FBI translators were translating also for agencies other than the FBI, sort of on loan so to speak.

lynn

oyarde
12-09-2010, 09:13 PM
the best I can recall, since there was a shortage of translators, the FBI translators were translating also for agencies other than the FBI, sort of on loan so to speak.

lynn

I could see that due to shortage , but not with something as sensitive as an op in China ?

idirtify
12-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Mike Gravel read the Pentagon papers on the senate floor. Before that no newspaper would publish them out of fear from the government.

So newspapers have always been fearful of (controlled by) the government. Considering that some papers published some Wikileaks, maybe we are making progress.

jmdrake
12-09-2010, 09:52 PM
I think it is strange because it would be a cia op and while I am sure everyone is short on translators , it is hard to imagine them bringing someone in from that agency ?

The FBI is sometimes involved in counter terror operations. And sometimes they travel as part of those operations. Remember John O'Neal?

osan
12-10-2010, 07:48 AM

If any of the conspirators came forward along that avenue (wiki), it would go a long way toward infusing millions of people with the belief that "they" can in fact be defeated. Methinks, however, that those people may be very tightly knit and that any "loose ends" would have been clipped long ago, given what is at stake in that game.

But, just as with stupidity, hope springs eternal. :)

osan
12-10-2010, 08:39 AM

No. Think "non-disclosure on pain of life in prison or even death". I've been on that end of things and it has kept my mouth shut. Few people want to spend life in a dank hole in the ground. Fewer still want to have an unfortunate accident.

vita3
12-10-2010, 08:45 AM
America has no clue, how much our GOV funded & aided Muslim militants.. after the Soviet/Afghnistan wars, This history aprox 1991-2001, needs to be shown