PDA

View Full Version : George Will on 2012: Keep your eye on Pence

Agorism
12-09-2010, 12:17 PM
George Will on 2012: Keep your eye on Pence

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/pence.jpg

On a midweek afternoon in February 2009, a month into the Obama presidency, Republican Rep. Mike Pence arrived at Columbus in his east-central Indiana district for a town hall meeting, the sort of event that usually attracted a few dozen constituents. Surprised to see the hallway outside the room crowded with people, "their arms folded and brows furrowed," Pence shouted down the hall to an aide, asking him to get a janitor to open the room. The aide shouted back that the room was open - and overflowing. Congress had just passed the stimulus bill (Pence voted no), and Hoosiers were stimulated to anger. Soon the Tea Party would be simmering.

Five months earlier, on a Friday, TARP had been proposed. The original three-page legislation sought $700 billion instantly, no time for questions; Pence's staff figured the cost would be about a billion dollars a word. On Saturday, Pence announced his opposition but thought the bill would pass the House 434 to 1. On Monday, however, other members started approaching him, almost furtively, "like a secret society." A week later, the House rejected TARP, 228 to 205.

Four days later, the House passed TARP's second, 451-page, pork-swollen iteration, 263 to 171. That weekend, Pence, who voted no, was at a Boy Scout jamboree at the Henry County Fairgrounds. He was approached by a man who had no scout there but wanted to thank Pence for opposing TARP. The man said that although he had lost his job the day before, "I can get another job but I can't get another country."

On Sept. 12, 2009, Pence was invited to address the first national Tea Party event, on the Mall. Coming from his daughter's cross-country meet in Virginia, he parked at his office, walked out of the west front of the Capitol and "my knees buckled": The Mall was as crowded as the Columbus hallway had been seven months earlier.

continued,,

Sola_Fide
12-09-2010, 12:23 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=270797

hazek
12-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Someone should look into his voting record. Who knows maybe he is one of us.

Agorism
12-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Pence got booed by Paul supporters at SRLC.

he deserved it.

Sola_Fide
12-09-2010, 12:44 PM
He's a Zionist who says he is a "constitutionalist".

Sadly, I think the Tea Parties would support him:(

Agorism
12-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Whenever I see a Pence article I love posting it here lol.

speciallyblend
12-09-2010, 01:10 PM
He's a Zionist who says he is a "constitutionalist".

Sadly, I think the Tea Parties would support him:(

getting sick to my stomach! Elect Obama support Pence!

TonyFromTheBronx
12-09-2010, 02:29 PM
George Will is the quintessential CFR Globalist Establishment approved "conservative"....

Nothing but a warmongering geek apologist for Israel and a shill for the NWO...a CFR member for 25 years....and dont forget the cheap shot he took at Rand during the civil right "controversy"

So if Will is pimping Pence, then....BEWARE OF PENCE!

Sola_Fide
12-09-2010, 02:34 PM
George Will is the quintessential CFR Globalist Establishment approved "conservative"....

Nothing but a warmongering geek apologist for Israel and a shill for the NWO...a CFR member for 25 years....and dont forget the cheap shot he took at Rand during the civil right "controversy"

So if Will is pimping Pence, then....BEWARE OF PENCE!

?

I thought Will came out against the Iraq war?

Brett
12-09-2010, 02:40 PM
?

I thought Will came out against the Iraq war?

He came out against the Afghanistan policy Obama had.

He wrote some good baseball books. He references politics in them sometimes (Saying supporting his Cubs is like how he voted for Goldwater, a lost cause). Anyone interested in baseball should read them, regardless of his politics.