PDA

View Full Version : Did Assange cut a deal with the Israelis?

susano
12-08-2010, 11:00 PM
WikiLeaks 'struck a deal with Israel' over diplomatic cables leaks

by LikiWeaks
Tuesday Dec 7th, 2010 6:39 PM

We should obviously all support WikiLeaks and its founder and spokesperson, Julian Assange, who has just been arrested in Britain, in this dirty war by states around the globe against transparency and openness. But in the world of politics, sadly, things are never as innocent as they appear. According to new revelations, Assange had allegedly struck a deal with Israel before the recent 'cable gate', which may explain why the leaks “were good for Israel,” as the Israeli prime minister put it.

A number of commentators, particularly in Turkey and Russia, have been wondering why the hundreds of thousands of American classified documents leaked by the website last month did not contain anything that may embarrass the Israeli government, like just about every other state referred to in the documents. The answer appears to be a secret deal struck between the WikiLeaks “heart and soul”, as Assange humbly described himself once [1], with Israeli officials, which ensured that all such documents were 'removed' before the rest were made public.

According to an Arabic investigative journalism website [2], Assange had received money from semi-official Israeli sources and promised them, in a “secret, video-recorded agreement,” not to publish any document that may harm Israeli security or diplomatic interests.

more: http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2010/12/07/18665978.php

No wonder the cables reveal NOTHING of substance about Israel

RonPaulCult
12-08-2010, 11:06 PM
I don't believe this story.

FrankRep
12-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Israel got slammed.

Among the secret U.S. diplomatic cables released recently by WikiLeaks are several from Moscow, Tel Aviv, and other capitals expressing concern over the rising influence of the Russian and Israeli mafias around the world. By Alex Newman

US Cables: Russian, Israeli Mafias Gaining Power, Infiltrating Governments (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/world-mainmenu-26/asia-mainmenu-33/5431-us-cables-russian-israeli-mafias-gaining-power-infiltrating-governments)

Alex Newman | The New American (http://www.thenewamerican.com/)
08 December 2010

And some of those Russian mobsters, it turns out, have close ties to Israel. "Many Russian oligarchs of Jewish origin and Jewish members of organized crime groups have received Israeli citizenship, or at least maintain residences in the country," wrote (http://213.251.145.96/cable/2009/05/09TELAVIV1098.html) the U.S. ambassador in Tel Aviv in a separate cable. According to sources cited in the document, the Russian mafia has “laundered as much as USD 10 billion through Israeli holdings."

Other American cables from Israel highlight the growing problem of organized crime in that nation as well. In a message sent from the embassy in Tel Aviv entitled "Israel, A Promised Land for Organized Crime? (http://213.251.145.96/cable/2009/05/09TELAVIV1098.html)", U.S. diplomats explain the increasing influence and reach of the Israeli mafia — even in America. “Organized crime (OC) has longstanding roots in Israel, but in recent years there has been a sharp increase in the reach and impact of OC networks," noted the cable, signed by the U.S. ambassador there. "Given the volume of travel and trade between the United States and Israel, it is not surprising that Israeli OC has also gained a foothold in America."

BamaAla
12-08-2010, 11:09 PM
I have a friend that is convinced that wikileaks is a three letter operation because of the Israeli absence. I'm still in "wait and see."

Kludge
12-08-2010, 11:09 PM
source = http://www.syriatruth.info/images/stories/lea_office_2.jpg

A jew, interestingly - retired. Former assistant professor @ Ashkelon College.

HOLLYWOOD
12-08-2010, 11:10 PM
There's never a deal with Israel and their control...

You expose ANYTHING ... YOU'RE DEAD... Um, You'll have an accident.

Bruno
12-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Even if a deal was cut, it could still be in the insurance file.

squarepusher
dont see any evidence of this

nate895
Have you ever considered the possibility that Israel isn't as bad as you think?

I'm not suggesting that their actions in Palestine are justified. I'm suggesting they might not be involved in a global conspiracy. They could be a pawn for all we know in any doomed-to-fail conspiracy.

axiomata
12-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Think it's more likely that Israel isn't embarassed by the cables as much as other countries because US diplomats are less likely say things embarrassing to Israel.

WikiLeaks never claims to be some kind of Absolute Truth. It's only claim is that they are authentic government documents. Not much they can do if US diplats self censure.

susano
12-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Israel got slammed.

US Cables: Russian, Israeli Mafias Gaining Power, Infiltrating Governments (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/world-mainmenu-26/asia-mainmenu-33/5431-us-cables-russian-israeli-mafias-gaining-power-infiltrating-governments)

Alex Newman | The New American (http://www.thenewamerican.com/)
08 December 2010

And some of those Russian mobsters, it turns out, have close ties to Israel. "Many Russian oligarchs of Jewish origin and Jewish members of organized crime groups have received Israeli citizenship, or at least maintain residences in the country," wrote (http://213.251.145.96/cable/2009/05/09TELAVIV1098.html) the U.S. ambassador in Tel Aviv in a separate cable. According to sources cited in the document, the Russian mafia has “laundered as much as USD 10 billion through Israeli holdings."

Other American cables from Israel highlight the growing problem of organized crime in that nation as well. In a message sent from the embassy in Tel Aviv entitled "Israel, A Promised Land for Organized Crime? (http://213.251.145.96/cable/2009/05/09TELAVIV1098.html)", U.S. diplomats explain the increasing influence and reach of the Israeli mafia — even in America. “Organized crime (OC) has longstanding roots in Israel, but in recent years there has been a sharp increase in the reach and impact of OC networks," noted the cable, signed by the U.S. ambassador there. "Given the volume of travel and trade between the United States and Israel, it is not surprising that Israeli OC has also gained a foothold in America."

From the article:

But Israeli officials do realize that there is a big problem. Authorities there "have engaged in a vigorous campaign against organized crime leaders ... but they remain unable to cope with the full scope of the problem," the cable stated.

According to a Reuters report, Israel passed an anti-organized crime law in 2003. Five years later, police created a specific unit charged with tackling the problem. The Israeli police website, cited by the news agency, said the Israeli government first recognized an “Israeli version” of organized crime in the late seventies. Twenty years later it labeled the criminal syndicates a strategic threat — “specifically those connected to former Soviet states.”

That makes anything that WL has released nothing more than a limited hangout. Of course, I'll eat my words if something explosive comes out - like Israel being involved in trafficking nuclear material, as Sybil Edmonds said. We shall see, I guess.

“If anything, the leaks were positive and did not damage Israel’s image at all,” former National Security Adviser Giora Eiland told Voice of Israel government radio Sunday morning. “There was no contradiction between what Israel has said in public and in private.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/news.aspx/140889

ammorris
12-08-2010, 11:32 PM
So if Wikileaks does not release documents that confirm your preconceptions about what the Israeli government is up to, you conclude that it "cut a deal with the Israelis?" Has it occurred to you that that either (a)Wikileaks simply has not obtained files documenting such activities, or (b) you are wrong about what the Israeli government is up to?

susano
12-08-2010, 11:32 PM

I'm not suggesting that their actions in Palestine are justified. I'm suggesting they might not be involved in a global conspiracy. They could be a pawn for all we know in any doomed-to-fail conspiracy.

Well, I think they were involved in 9/11 so, no, I have not considered that possibility. They're also nuked up to the teeth while they'll aggitate for war against Iran. Then there are all of the Israeli spy scandals, against the US.

ammorris
12-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Well, I think they were involved in 9/11 so, no, I have not considered that possibility. They're also nuked up to the teeth while they'll aggitate for war against Iran. Then there are all of the Israeli spy scandals, against the US.

Wait, you basically just said that because you think that they are involved in heinous things, you are unwilling to consider the possibility that they are not involved in heinous things.

axiomata
12-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Wait, you basically just said that because you think that they are involved in heinous things, you are unwilling to consider the possibility that they are not involved in heinous things.

Yup, so it appears.

susano
12-08-2010, 11:37 PM
So if Wikileaks does not release documents that confirm your preconceptions about what the Israeli government is up to, you conclude that it "cut a deal with the Israelis?" Has it occurred to you that that either (a)Wikileaks simply has not obtained files documenting such activities, or (b) you are wrong about what the Israeli government is up to?

I didn't conclude. I posted an article.

I have spent hundreds of hours researching 9/11 and there is evidence of their involvement.

I don't need hidden conspiracies to make a judgement about Israel. I know their history and I know the atrocities they continue to do.

FrankRep
Well, I think they were involved in 9/11

You should take a look at Russia actually.

Russia Supporting Jihadi Terrorism?
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=28495

Exposing Terrorism: Inside the Terror Triangle (The Russian Connection)
Produced: 2009
Exposing Terrorism: Inside the Terror Triangle on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/6567370)

JBS CEO Art Thompson reveals there is more to the war on terror than meets the eye. He discusses terrorism, how it has been used in the past, reveals the state sponsors and others in the supporting network and demonstrates how Islam is being used to mask the real culprits. (2009, 17 min., DVD)

Batman
Or maybe stuff the Israeli government is documented in files kept under tighter security than a USB that anyone could get their hands on?

ammorris
12-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Or maybe stuff the Israeli government is documented in files kept under tighter security than a USB that anyone could get their hands on?

Seems likely. Also, what is being released is a batch of files relating to communications between US diplomats and other countries. If Israel actually is, for example, trafficking nuclear materials, why would they be chatting about it with US diplomats?

susano
12-08-2010, 11:47 PM

The question posed to me by Nate was:

My answer stands.

What would you prefer I say? That's is alright that Mossad agents were busted video taping the collapse of the twin towers? That's it's alright that Netanyahu said 9/11 was good for Israel? That it's just groovey they bombed the USS Liberty? That the AIPAC spy scandal was minor? That Pollard should go free? That's it's okay for a country that depends on US tax dollars and blood to fuck us over? That what has happened to the Palestinian people is okay?

Israel is as bad as I think :)

susano
12-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Seems likely. Also, what is being released is a batch of files relating to communications between US diplomats and other countries. If Israel actually is, for example, trafficking nuclear materials, why would they be chatting about it with US diplomats?

Agreed. Any official communiques among diplomats is never going to get in to the serious criminal stuff other than war crimes which the main actors don't give a shit about anyway.

ammorris
12-08-2010, 11:52 PM
It is fine to believe whatever your examination of the evidence leads you to believe. I would only point out that it is wise to critically examine your beliefs occasionally, and remain open to having your mind changed.

steve005
12-08-2010, 11:57 PM
They could be a pawn for all we know in any doomed-to-fail conspiracy.

yes

nate895
12-08-2010, 11:58 PM
It is fine to believe whatever your examination of the evidence leads you to believe. I would only point out that it is wise to critically examine your beliefs occasionally, and remain open to having your mind changed.

Especially when it comes to beliefs arrived at by inductive reasoning. Inductive reasoning is always based on the assumption of "without further evidence." There could always be further evidence uncovered that could radically change our perspective when it comes to these types of issues.

susano
12-09-2010, 12:00 AM
You should take a look at Russia actually.

Russia Supporting Jihadi Terrorism?
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=28495

Exposing Terrorism: Inside the Terror Triangle (The Russian Connection)
Produced: 2009
Exposing Terrorism: Inside the Terror Triangle on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/6567370)

JBS CEO Art Thompson reveals there is more to the war on terror than meets the eye. He discusses terrorism, how it has been used in the past, reveals the state sponsors and others in the supporting network and demonstrates how Islam is being used to mask the real culprits. (2009, 17 min., DVD)

Frank, I do not doubt that the Russians have made useful idiots of Islamic extremists. However, I recall it was Brzezinski who bragged about how he and Carter did so to drag the Russians into a war with Afghanistan.

In the years that I have researched 9/11 I have never run across ANYTHING implicating the Russians.

A thread about Russia, past and present, would be interesting, but this is about WL and the article. I don't know if the article is true. That remains to be seen. I am neutral on Assange.

susano
12-09-2010, 12:05 AM

I totally agree with you.

susano
12-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Especially when it comes to beliefs arrived at by inductive reasoning. Inductive reasoning is always based on the assumption of "without further evidence." There could always be further evidence uncovered that could radically change our perspective when it comes to these types of issues.

Are you talking about Assange or Israel? If it's Israel, their history is well known, as is their treatment of the Palestinians.

nate895
12-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Are you talking about Assange or Israel? If it's Israel, their history is well known, as is their treatment of the Palestinians.

However, you have no evidence to suggest that Assange made a deal other than prior evidence against the State of Israel. The State of Israel need not be knowingly involved in a global conspiracy in order to do bad deeds. They can do that fine all by themselves, which is all that there is any evidence for.

BlackTerrel
12-09-2010, 12:24 AM

Hmmmm

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=272051

Classic research has suggested that the more people doubt their own beliefs the more, paradoxically, they are inclined to proselytize in favor of them. David Gal and Derek Rucker published a study in Psychological Science in which they presented some research subjects with evidence that undermined their core convictions. The subjects who were forced to confront the counterevidence went on to more forcefully advocate their original beliefs, thus confirming the earlier findings.

susano
12-09-2010, 12:36 AM
However, you have no evidence to suggest that Assange made a deal other than prior evidence against the State of Israel. The State of Israel need not be knowingly involved in a global conspiracy in order to do bad deeds. They can do that fine all by themselves, which is all that there is any evidence for.

I didn't write the article, I posted it for discussion.

I know NOTHING about Assange, his motives, any deals he may have made, if any, or if he works for the good or the dark side. mm'kay?

YumYum
12-09-2010, 12:37 AM
I said this on December 7th:

"No, but I find it interesting that in all these documents there is nothing that is scandalous regarding Israel. This looks like a hoax for the purpose of controlling the internet to finally put an end to all and any antisemitism/anti-Israel info on the net in this country, and, if possible Europe. Do you see how cable TV and all the MSM outlets practice a "Zero Tolerance" regarding real/supposed antisemitic comments? The only place antisemitism runs rampant is on the net, and it must be stopped. Lieberman, who is an Orthodox Jew, is the one who is pushing for a new bill for the government to control the net. So far, with all the hysteria, it looks as though this hoax is succeeding. From people I have talked to that are Jewish, they net is their biggest fear. It was mine too, but I think Israel's actions by far is bringing on more antisemitism than anything that is put on the net. I must agree though, the net has tons of web sites with hatred for Jews, and if you were Jewish, you would be very alarmed, if not outright paranoid."

susano
12-09-2010, 12:47 AM
I said this on December 7th:

"No, but I find it interesting that in all these documents there is nothing that is scandalous regarding Israel. This looks like a hoax for the purpose of controlling the internet to finally put an end to all and any antisemitism/anti-Israel info on the net in this country, and, if possible Europe. Do you see how cable TV and all the MSM outlets practice a "Zero Tolerance" regarding real/supposed antisemitic comments? The only place antisemitism runs rampant is on the net, and it must be stopped. Lieberman, who is an Orthodox Jew, is the one who is pushing for a new bill for the government to control the net. So far, with all the hysteria, it looks as though this hoax is succeeding. From people I have talked to that are Jewish, they net is their biggest fear. It was mine too, but I think Israel's actions by far is bringing on more antisemitism than anything that is put on the net. I must agree though, the net has tons of web sites with hatred for Jews, and if you were Jewish, you would be very alarmed, if not outright paranoid."

The only anti semites are the Israeli goons who terrorize the real semitic people, their Arab neighbors. The vast majority of Jews are not semitic.

The web has been a nightmare for tyrants and politicians, not just the zionazis. There never would have been the shit storm over Obamacare at the town hall meetings without the internet. I think that was a real turning point for the snakes in DC because they actually had some fear when facing their angry constituants. We get NOTHING but propaganda from the MSM and they don't like us being able to communicate outside of their sphere of control.

Assange could be somebody's agent, he could be being used (fed documents) by those who want the web censored, or this could all be unintended consequences. I don't know if we'll ever know.

jtstellar
12-09-2010, 08:12 AM
WikiLeaks 'struck a deal with Israel' over diplomatic cables leaks

by LikiWeaks
Tuesday Dec 7th, 2010 6:39 PM

We should obviously all support WikiLeaks and its founder and spokesperson, Julian Assange, who has just been arrested in Britain, in this dirty war by states around the globe against transparency and openness. But in the world of politics, sadly, things are never as innocent as they appear. According to new revelations, Assange had allegedly struck a deal with Israel before the recent 'cable gate', which may explain why the leaks “were good for Israel,” as the Israeli prime minister put it.

A number of commentators, particularly in Turkey and Russia, have been wondering why the hundreds of thousands of American classified documents leaked by the website last month did not contain anything that may embarrass the Israeli government, like just about every other state referred to in the documents. The answer appears to be a secret deal struck between the WikiLeaks “heart and soul”, as Assange humbly described himself once [1], with Israeli officials, which ensured that all such documents were 'removed' before the rest were made public.

According to an Arabic investigative journalism website [2], Assange had received money from semi-official Israeli sources and promised them, in a “secret, video-recorded agreement,” not to publish any document that may harm Israeli security or diplomatic interests.

more: http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2010/12/07/18665978.php

No wonder the cables reveal NOTHING of substance about Israel

here's what the article says "Following the leak (and even before), Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a press conference that Israel had “worked in advance” to limit any damage from leaks, adding that “no classified Israeli material was exposed by WikiLeaks.” [6] In an interview with the Time magazine around the same time, Assange praised Netanyahu as a hero of transparency and openness"

here's the actual "source" it linked

JA: Well, I was quoting Netanyahu, who [is] certainly not a naive man. The, of course ...

RS: But the effect, by the way, Mr. Assange, for Netanyahu, is that what he's been saying publicly — i.e., Arab leaders have privately been saying that Iran is the greatest threat, and they want Israel and the U.S. to do something — the revelations have been in his interest.

JA: Of course. We're talking about a sophisticated politician who is of that sentiment he's on the side of, in this issue. But I suggest it is generally — of course, there are exceptions — but generally true, across every issue. We are negotiating ... We need to be able to negotiate with a clear understanding of what the ground is and what our [inaudible] positions are. Of course, one side has a disproportionate amount of knowledge compared to the other side. There cannot be negotiations or proper understanding of the playing field in which these events are to happen.

-----

maybe you're exceptionally literate but i don't see how that translates to "Assange praised Netanyahu as a hero of transparency and openness".

and note i RANDOM SAMPLED the linked sources and this came up as failure on the first try. article debunked by THE SOURCE IT LINKS TO..

can you at least freaking read the articles you link people to before you waste their time? failure of epic proportions