PDA

View Full Version : Will the "DREAM ACT" go back to the Senate this year?

Dr.3D
12-08-2010, 08:14 PM
HR 5281 "DREAM ACT" passed the house 216 YEA 198 NAY

Now the question is, will it go back to the Senate this year or will they wait till next year?

oyarde
12-08-2010, 09:11 PM
I hope this goes to that hole where they keep everything they never vote on .

Dr.3D
12-08-2010, 09:13 PM
I hope this goes to that hole where they keep everything they never vote on .
That would be nice.
Perhaps it can't pass the current Senate anyway.... I don't know.

oyarde
12-08-2010, 09:20 PM
That would be nice.
Perhaps it can't pass the current Senate anyway.... I don't know.

I do not think so , but I thought that with that terrible health care bill .

Dr.3D
12-08-2010, 09:21 PM
I do not think so , but I thought that with that terrible health care bill .

It probably all depends on how much money they pay to get it passed.

dannno
12-08-2010, 09:23 PM
The thing I hate most about this bill is that it sends innocent Mexican immigrants whose parents brought them here over to kill people in Iraq and Afghanistan. It also pushes them into taking out student loans so they can get a degree, most likely in Sociology or Chicano Studies if they weren't planning on going to college before.

The part about them becoming citizens isn't scary at all. There parents brought them here, what the hell are they supposed to do if they go back to Mexico? What if they barely know spanish? I just wish we could shut down the welfare state so jobs could eb and flow naturally.. and I wish we would get rid of NAFTA and let Mexico have it's Constitution back. That was the real cause of the massive influx in immigration in the last 20 years, and it was our government forcing Mexico to do it, real strong arming.. nothing they could do, we single handedly doubled their poverty rate. What were they supposed to do? What would you have done? Sat there and starved? Ya right.

oyarde
12-08-2010, 09:25 PM
It probably all depends on how much money they pay to get it passed.

I thought that too , what dems in senate are up for re election in 12 ? most have to consider that .

Dr.3D
12-08-2010, 09:34 PM
I thought that too , what dems in senate are up for re election in 12 ? most have to consider that .

I dunno... but if they can get enough money before their term is up, maybe they won't care if they are reelected.