PDA

View Full Version : HotAir "Any Paulnuts want to help me square the circle on this?"

PermanentSleep
12-08-2010, 08:09 PM
hxxp://hotair.com/archives/2010/12/08/ron-paul-casts-lone-vote-against-house-resolution-honoring-heroic-chinese-dissident/

If he’s opposed on principle to meaningless House resolutions, how come he voted yes on this one during the summer to honor golfer Chi Chi Rodriguez for his contributions to Latino youth programs? And if he’s against telling foreign nations how to conduct their business — even when it comes to standing up for core libertarian values — why’d he vote for this one a few years ago urging Romania to relax its rules on intercountry adoptions? That’s proof enough that he’s not above rhetorically pressuring other countries,

Any Paulnuts want to help me square the circle on this?

The comment section is already making me nauseous.

Lucille
12-08-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm boycotting that place. I can't stand that bigot AP and his merry band of Bushtard tools.

ETA: That said, has HotAir blogged about our providing the Afghan police pedophiles with little boys to rape yet, or is stringing Paul up, again, more important to those evil neoclown dipshits?

PermanentSleep
12-08-2010, 08:13 PM
I can't stand that bigot AP and his merry band of Bushtard tools.

I second that.

"Merry band of Bushtard tools" <---lmao.

Cowlesy
12-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Why don't they call his office and ask?

Telephones, they're useful.

tremendoustie
12-08-2010, 08:17 PM
If the report of those votes is accurate, I'm not sure why he voted the way he did in those cases either.

He generally does have a policy of abstaining or voting nay on these worthless resolutions. Why can't congress spend its time cutting spending?

Then again, they'd probably be growing it, so perhaps it's best they waste their time on this sort of baloney.

amy31416
12-08-2010, 08:28 PM
OMG they got us! RP is a hypocrite, a commie, and obviously a war-mongering neocon in disguise!

That said, I have no freaking clue why he'd vote for that and against all the others. Two exceptions to his general way of voting on those things....wonder how many exceptions to his "principles" they can find on Obama, Clinton...even progressive "heroes" like Franken, Grayson, Sanders, Feingold and others?

ETA: The best notion that I can come up with is that he honors non-political folks because it doesn't cost anything and there's no unforseen repercussions like war, hostilities, restrictions on trade, etc. Honoring the Chinese dissident is political, and would only likely anger China.

Non-interventionism...but that's just my notion--makes sense to me though.

Chester Copperpot
12-08-2010, 08:36 PM
hxxp://hotair.com/archives/2010/12/08/ron-paul-casts-lone-vote-against-house-resolution-honoring-heroic-chinese-dissident/

Dont they know that squaring the circle is considered an impossibility on the same order as perpetual motion and the philosophers stone.

nate895
12-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Dont they know that squaring the circle is considered an impossibility on the same order as perpetual motion and the philosophers stone.

A square circle is impossible even more so than perpetual motion or the philosopher's stone. Perpetual motion machines and philosopher's stones are not contradictions in terms, which means they are logically possible (you can conceive of a world where that is the case). A square circle is not only practically impossible, but it is impossible to conceive of because it is logically impossible, as opposed to just practically impossible.

Chester Copperpot
12-08-2010, 08:50 PM
A square circle is impossible even more so than perpetual motion or the philosopher's stone. Perpetual motion machines and philosopher's stones are not contradictions in terms, which means they are logically possible (you can conceive of a world where that is the case). A square circle is not only practically impossible, but it is impossible to conceive of because it is logically impossible, as opposed to just practically impossible.

well thats good to know.. now I just gotta find that substance that blocks magnetic waves... then my perpetual motion device will be complete!

Which always made me ponder the ingredients comprising the Zimmerit anti-magnetic mine paste the germans had on their tanks in WWII.

tremendoustie
12-08-2010, 08:57 PM
well thats good to know.. now I just gotta find that substance that blocks magnetic waves... then my perpetual motion device will be complete!

Which always made me ponder the ingredients comprising the Zimmerit anti-magnetic mine paste the germans had on their tanks in WWII.

Perfect diamagnets, like superconductors, perfectly block magnetic waves.

nate895
12-08-2010, 08:57 PM

That's not what I was saying. I was saying that if you changed the nature of the universe, you could create a perpetual motion device (I don't know how, just that it could be done by an omnipotent, omniscient being). Even if you fundamentally changed the nature of the universe, you still could not create a square circle.

tremendoustie
12-08-2010, 09:01 PM
That's not what I was saying. I was saying that if you changed the nature of the universe, you could create a perpetual motion device (I don't know how, just that it could be done by an omnipotent, omniscient being). Even if you fundamentally changed the nature of the universe, you still could not create a square circle.

That's correct, there is a distinct difference between violations of physical laws and violations of logic.

jmdrake
12-08-2010, 09:03 PM

If he’s opposed on principle to meaningless House resolutions, how come he voted yes on this one during the summer to honor golfer Chi Chi Rodriguez for his contributions to Latino youth programs? And if he’s against telling foreign nations how to conduct their business — even when it comes to standing up for core libertarian values — why’d he vote for this one a few years ago urging Romania to relax its rules on intercountry adoptions? That’s proof enough that he’s not above rhetorically pressuring other countries,

I've long felt blogs like "Hotair" are full of hotair.

That said, while I haven't read those votes, I'll take hotair's word for it. Chi Chi Rodriguez is a U.S. citizen. So we're talking about the U.S. congress recognizing the contributions of one of our own. That's different from recognizing someone from a foreign country in a way that might put a thumb in the eye of that country. (For example, I bet a lot of people at Hotair would be ticked if Venezuela passed a resolution in support of private Manning.)

And a resolution requesting Romania to consider relaxing its adoption policies (something potentially beneficial to both countries) is a far cry from resolutions that are preludes to war. If that was some "Let's hate on Romania" resolution Ron Paul would have voted no on that too.

Inkblots
12-08-2010, 09:28 PM

In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya, you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

"Squaring the circle is a problem proposed by ancient geometers. It is the challenge of constructing a square with the same area as a given circle by using only a finite number of steps with compass and straightedge. More abstractly and more precisely, it may be taken to ask whether specified axioms of Euclidean geometry concerning the existence of lines and circles entail the existence of such a square.

In 1882, the task was proven to be impossible, as a consequence of the Lindemann–Weierstrass theorem which proves that pi (π) is a transcendental, rather than an algebraic irrational number; that is, it is not the root of any polynomial with rational coefficients."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squaring_the_circle

Allahpundit's just saying that arguing that Ron was holding to his principles consistently on the two cited votes is impossible. Much as it pains me to say it, it appears he's correct. Oh well, no one's perfect! ;)

LisaNY
12-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Who is this allahpundit and why does he hate Ron?

Tinnuhana
12-08-2010, 09:39 PM
What did the resolution entail? If it involved some sort of award costing taxpayer money, Ron Paul would vote NO, just like he did for MLK, Mother Theresa and Ron Reagan. If it's just saying nice, apolitical things about people, I don't think there is a problem with that. BUt a previous poster is right in that some of these resolutions are all about sticking it to some government they don't like.

nate895
12-08-2010, 09:42 PM
In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya, you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

"Squaring the circle is a problem proposed by ancient geometers. It is the challenge of constructing a square with the same area as a given circle by using only a finite number of steps with compass and straightedge. More abstractly and more precisely, it may be taken to ask whether specified axioms of Euclidean geometry concerning the existence of lines and circles entail the existence of such a square.

In 1882, the task was proven to be impossible, as a consequence of the Lindemann–Weierstrass theorem which proves that pi (π) is a transcendental, rather than an algebraic irrational number; that is, it is not the root of any polynomial with rational coefficients."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squaring_the_circle

Allahpundit's just saying that arguing that Ron was holding to his principles consistently on the two cited votes is impossible. Much as it pains me to say it, it appears he's correct. Oh well, no one's perfect! ;)

Because squaring circles involves a logical contradiction. The in between step of constructing a square with the same area using a compass and a ruler is impossible, and therefore you can't turn one into the other.

I somewhat agreed with Allahpundit, but I don't expect perfection from my politicians. I just don't want them to commit egregious errors. A bad vote on a non-binding resolution on Romania or China isn't going to change my opinion as to whether I'll vote for them. Now, if he voted for war with Iraq, he'd have to show some real repentance.

Knightskye
12-08-2010, 09:46 PM
How should one respond to him? On his blog, where registration is prohibited, or to his Twitter account where he doesn't reply?

Knightskye
12-08-2010, 09:52 PM
(1) congratulates Liu Xiaobo on the award of the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize;

(2) honors Liu Xiaobo’s promotion of democratic reform in China, and the courage with which he has bore repeated imprisonment by the Government of China;

(3) states that in honoring Liu Xiaobo, it also honors all those who have promoted democratic reform in China, including all those who participated in the 1989 Tiananmen Square demonstration for democratic reform;

(4) asserts that Liu Xiaobo is a political prisoner, and that Liu Xia, Liu Xiaobo’s supporters, and all signers of Charter 08 who have been detained, placed under house arrest, or harassed, are the victims of political persecution;

(5) calls on the Government of China to release Liu Xiaobo from prison, and to release Liu Xia, Liu Xiaobo’s supporters, and all signers of Charter 08 from detention, house arrest, and harassment;

(6) calls on the Government of China to cease censoring media and Internet reporting of the award of the Nobel Peace Prize to Liu Xiaobo and to cease its campaign of defamation against Liu Xiaobo;

(7) urges President Barack Obama to continue to work for the release of Liu Xiaobo from prison, as well as the release of Liu Xia, Liu Xiaobo’s supporters, and all signers of Charter 08 from detention, house arrest, and harassment; and

(8) emphasizes that violations of human rights in general, and the persecution of Liu Xiaobo, Liu Xia, Liu Xiaobo’s supporters, and all signers of Charter 08 specifically, are matters of legitimate concern to other governments.

Honestly, I think I would've voted yes.

Here's Charter 08, if you want to read it:
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2009/jan/15/chinas-charter-08/

dannno
12-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Maybe he likes his putting dance :confused:

1:25

YouTube - Chi Chi / Nicklaus / Hogan / Snead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzJ1PY-SOXw)

Knightskye
12-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Maybe he likes his putting dance :confused:

1:25

YouTube - Chi Chi / Nicklaus / Hogan / Snead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzJ1PY-SOXw)

Or because it had to do with the Congressional Hispanic Caucus?

Mini-Me
12-08-2010, 10:48 PM
OMG they got us! RP is a hypocrite, a commie, and obviously a war-mongering neocon in disguise!

That said, I have no freaking clue why he'd vote for that and against all the others. Two exceptions to his general way of voting on those things....wonder how many exceptions to his "principles" they can find on Obama, Clinton...even progressive "heroes" like Franken, Grayson, Sanders, Feingold and others?

ETA: The best notion that I can come up with is that he honors non-political folks because it doesn't cost anything and there's no unforseen repercussions like war, hostilities, restrictions on trade, etc. Honoring the Chinese dissident is political, and would only likely anger China.

Non-interventionism...but that's just my notion--makes sense to me though.

I agree that avoiding overt politicism plays a role in his decision-making process here, but that doesn't explain the Romania vote. Perhaps the wording was different? For instance, I see why he may have taken some issue with the following two provisions (copied from a quote in Knightskye's post). The broad wording of the second one especially opens up a can of worms that a non-interventionist like Ron Paul would not be comfortable with:

(7) urges President Barack Obama to continue to work for the release of Liu Xiaobo from prison, as well as the release of Liu Xia, Liu Xiaobo’s supporters, and all signers of Charter 08 from detention, house arrest, and harassment; and

(8) emphasizes that violations of human rights in general, and the persecution of Liu Xiaobo, Liu Xia, Liu Xiaobo’s supporters, and all signers of Charter 08 specifically, are matters of legitimate concern to other governments.

Ron Paul is a subtle man, so it's important to consider the subtle differences between the wording of the legislation he votes for/against. Obviously, the vultures are Hotair are unlikely to do such a thing when they're just looking for an excuse to ridicule the guy. Paul holds bills to FAR higher standards than any other Congressperson, and if he finds a single phrase he objects to on Constitutional or principled grounds, that can sometimes be enough to tip a "yes" to a "no." He usually has his reasons; they're just nuanced enough that it's easy to make him look inconsistent on stuff like this. Of course, it's also quite possible that the resolution about Romania was just as iffy, and he might have just had an off-day when he voted for it. Nobody's perfect, after all. The finest, most subtle points of my own views can occasionally be influenced by my mood on a given day as well, and I'd be surprised to find anyone on earth that is not similarly affected.

amy31416
12-08-2010, 11:01 PM
I agree that overt politicism plays a role in his decision-making process here, but that doesn't explain the Romania vote. Perhaps the wording was different? For instance, I see why he may have taken some issue with the following two provisions (copied from a quote in Knightskye's post). The broad wording of the second one especially opens up a can of worms that a non-interventionist like Ron Paul would not be comfortable with:

Ron Paul is a subtle man, so it's important to consider the subtle differences between the wording of the legislation he votes for/against. Obviously, the vultures are Hotair are unlikely to do such a thing when they're just looking for an excuse to ridicule the guy. Of course, it's also quite possible that the resolution about Romania was just as iffy, and he might have just had an off-day when he voted for it. Nobody's perfect, after all. The finest, most subtle points of my views can occasionally be influenced by my mood on a given day as well.

I was focusing on the golfer vs. the political dissident....and forgot to say that his vote on the Romanian adoption thing may have had something to do with his pro-life stance.

Pure speculation, obviously. Even if it does, still seems a bit unexpected from him.

Anyways, I found the resolution analysis, here it is for those who are interested:

11 April 2006

Congressional Resolution Urges Romania To Amend Adoption Ban
"The intercountry adoption is a loving, compassionate option," says sponsor

By Jeffrey Thomas
Washington File Staff Writer

Washington -- The United States House of Representatives unanimously passed a resolution April 6 urging Romania to modify its ban on international adoptions to put the interests of the individual child first.

The resolution (House Resolution 578) calls on Romania to “amend its child welfare and adoption laws to decrease barriers to adoption, both domestically and intercountry, including by allowing intercountry adoption by persons other than biological grandparents.” The resolution expresses the sense of the House and is nonbinding.

“The intercountry adoption is a loving, compassionate option, and certainly is far better than languishing in an orphanage somewhere where the child is warehoused,” said Representative Christopher Smith, a Republican from New Jersey who sponsored the measure and spoke in its support during congressional debate April 5.

The U.S. Helsinki Commission -- a body co-chaired by Smith that monitors human rights issues and supported the new resolution -- held a September 2005 hearing that examined Romania’s ban on international adoptions as a human-rights issue. (See related article.)

At that hearing, witnesses testified about the deleterious effects on a child's mental and physical health resulting from being held in foster care and institutions.

In his remarks April 5, Smith cited statistics indicating the magnitude of the problem facing Romania, which has long had a high and steady rate of child abandonment. As of December 2005, 76,509 children were currently in Romania’s child protection system, and only 333 children were entrusted for domestic adoption in 2005, he said.

“For thousands of children abandoned annually in Romania, domestic or intercountry adoption offered the hope of a life outside of foster care or an institution,” said Smith. “That hope has now been dashed and destroyed.”

A major problem with Romania’s adoption laws, according to an April 7 Helsinki Commission statement, is that they place “an unrealistic priority on ‘unification’ of an abandoned child with biological relatives without regard for how long unification should be attempted, how old the child is, or how long he or she has been in state care without contact with relatives. As a result, it is nearly impossible to declare any child adoptable.”

ADOPTIONS OF MORE THAN 1,000 CHILDREN REGISTERED BUT NOT CARRIED OUT

In 2001, under pressure from the European Union (EU), Romania imposed a moratorium on foreign adoptions after allegations of corruption of officials involved in the adoption process. In 2004, Romania passed a law banning adoptions by all foreigners except relatives of the children. That law went into effect January 1, 2005.

On December 7, 2005, Romania ruled out all international adoptions, leaving unaddressed the cases of 1,100 Romanian orphans and abandoned children for whom foreign families had registered adoption petitions prior to the January 1, 2005, ban. (See related article.)

In response, the United States urged Romania to establish “a legal mechanism allowing intercountry adoption for cases registered before the ban, in order to find permanent homes for these children.”

The European Parliament in December 2005 asked that Romania resolve international-adoption cases registered during the 2001-2004 moratorium on foreign adoptions "with the goal of allowing intercountry adoptions to take place, where justified and appropriate …." (See related article.)

Approximately 200 American parents in more than 40 states are waiting to be united with their adopted Romanian children, according to Representative Jeb Bradley, a Republican from New Hampshire who co-sponsored the House resolution. “These families have made an emotional and loving commitment to these orphans and have waited for several years for the process to be completed. It is about time that Romania processes these cases once and for all,” he said.

Smith in his April 5 remarks on the House floor cited “unofficial reports that pending applications are being rejected across the board and the dossiers returned to the adoptive parents.”

At the Helsinki Commission hearing in September 2005, Maura Harty, the State Department’s assistant secretary for consular affairs, expressed “great disappointment” that the United States has failed to make any real progress on the pending adoption cases filed during the moratorium despite the fact that President Bush raised the issue with Romanian President Traian Basescu in March 2005 and other American officials have raised it at every opportunity.

“Romanian officials have offered many promises, but there has been little or no follow-through,” Harty said.

“The Romanian Government has asserted that its adoption law and its failure to proceed with pending cases are being driven by concerns over Romanian accession to the European Union,” she said, adding that the State Department has sought clarification from the EU on its stance toward Romania’s adoption legislation.

Smith attributed Romania’s ban specifically to the “virulent anti-adoption views” of the former European Parliament rapporteur for Romania’s European Union accession, Baroness Emma Nicholson. He noted that the European Parliament's new rapporteur for Romania's EU accession, Pierre Moscovici, has stated publicly that he differs from his predecessor on the issue of international adoption.

“It is my fervent hope that passage of this resolution will cause the Romanian authorities, and those in the European Union to whom they look for advice, to take a new stand for innocent babies and children,” said Smith.

More information on intercountry adoptions is available on the State Department Web site.

(The Washington File is a product of the Bureau of International Information Programs, U.S. Department of State. Web site: http://usinfo.state.gov)

http://www.america.gov/st/washfile-english/2006/April/200604111238591CJsamohT0.1212274.html

Mini-Me
12-08-2010, 11:07 PM
I was focusing on the golfer vs. the political dissident....and forgot to say that his vote on the Romanian adoption thing may have had something to do with his pro-life stance.

Pure speculation, obviously. Even if it does, still seems a bit unexpected from him.

Anyways, I found the resolution, here it is for those who are interested:

http://www.america.gov/st/washfile-english/2006/April/200604111238591CJsamohT0.1212274.html

Well, I think it goes without saying that the Romanian adoption vote has something to do with his pro-life stance. However, he also has pro free-speech, anti-censorship, anti-police state stances, and Hotair is essentially saying that he must not hold them half as dearly as his pro-life stance given his contrasting votes on these two resolutions. Obviously that's not the case, but it's not exactly a new thing for malicious meathead bullies to gloss over important subtleties for an excuse to mock someone.

amy31416
12-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Well, I think it goes without saying that the Romanian adoption vote has something to do with his pro-life stance. However, he also has pro free-speech, anti-censorship, anti-police state stances, and Hotair is essentially saying that he must not hold them half as dearly as his pro-life stance given his contrasting votes on these two resolutions. Obviously that's not the case, but it's not exactly a new thing for malicious meathead bullies to gloss over important subtleties for an excuse to mock someone.

No doubt that the Hotair folks are just being nitpicky douchebags who'd give up their organic, non-GMO granola for a whole week just to have someone as principled as Paul. But I do find it curious, so I looked up and found the text of the actual resolution. I can't paste it b/c it's a PDF.

http://chrissmith.house.gov/uploadedfiles/hres578.pdf

Haven't read it yet, but it may provide some insight, because it is uncommon for him to vote for something like this.

Oh, and I'm sure they'd rake him over the coals no matter which way he voted on this resolution.

ETA: Perhaps it's even possible that one or more of his actual constituents asked him to vote for it--he actually listens to them.

Bern
12-08-2010, 11:34 PM
If he’s opposed on principle to meaningless House resolutions, how come he voted yes on this one during the summer to honor golfer Chi Chi Rodriguez for his contributions to Latino youth programs? And if he’s against telling foreign nations how to conduct their business — even when it comes to standing up for core libertarian values — why’d he vote for this one a few years ago urging Romania to relax its rules on intercountry adoptions?

The author should really ask Ron Paul (or his staff) for a definitive answer. All we can do is speculate. My guess:

He voted against the current resolution because it's meddling in foreign affairs. He voted for the Romanian resolution because it was related to right to life issues / abortion which, as an ob/gyn is dear to his heart.

Bern
12-08-2010, 11:36 PM
I just read the responses above my previous one... Has anyone mentioned the Romanian resolution possibly being related to his pro-life views?

Mini-Me
12-08-2010, 11:46 PM
I just read the responses above my previous one... Has anyone mentioned the Romanian resolution possibly being related to his pro-life views?

Yup - Amy suggested it in post 23, and I suggested that Hotair bullies would find that unsatisfactory (and in fact jump on him even more for it) in post 24.

Knightskye
12-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Isn't it hilarious, though, how they scrutinize someone they hold in contempt? He's one member of Congress. Wow.

nate895
12-09-2010, 12:01 AM
Isn't it hilarious, though, how they scrutinize someone they hold in contempt? He's one member of Congress. Wow.

I know. If they went over every Congressman's record like this, contradictions would pop-up on more than just votes on non-binding resolutions, assuming this even is a contradiction, which we don't know yet.

sailingaway
12-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Why don't they call his office and ask?

Telephones, they're useful.

this^^^

I had read something back when I started looking into him, where he thought sport resolutions were ok for some reason. That doesn't explain Romania, but I feel confident something was left out in the question. We can ask, though.

angelatc
12-09-2010, 12:24 AM
The whole internet is frantic over this, but not at all concerned about tax money funding pedophile parties.

We. Are. So. Screwed.

sailingaway
12-09-2010, 12:27 AM
The whole internet is frantic over this, but not at all concerned about tax money funding pedophile parties.

We. Are. So. Screwed.

If the internet is really frantic, maybe we should ask Ron. Because the day he gets his subcommittee, I am sure this is really what should be top of his mind...:rolleyes:

Maybe eventually we should ask, though.

angelatc
12-09-2010, 12:30 AM
If the internet is really frantic, maybe we should ask Ron. Because the day he gets his subcommittee, I am sure this is really what should be top of his mind...:rolleyes:

Maybe eventually we should ask, though.

I'm tired and need to go to bed. Let me ask you this - do you honestly think there's an acceptable answer in their world?

Has that ever happened - they ask, we explain, and they say, "Oh! That makes sense!"?

I don't remember it.

RM918
12-09-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm quite curious why he voted for that Romania thing, that's the real cog in the logic here.

sailingaway
12-09-2010, 01:01 AM
I'm quite curious why he voted for that Romania thing, that's the real cog in the logic here.
^^ this

I always like to follow up -- the difference is that I've begun to take it on faith that when I hear the answer it will satisfy me.

cswake
12-09-2010, 01:08 AM
It's simple, the Romania resolution actually has to deal with interaction, in the form of adoption, between the U.S. and Romania:

calls on Romania to “amend its child welfare and adoption laws to decrease barriers to adoption, both domestically and intercountry, including by allowing intercountry adoption by persons other than biological grandparents.”'

The government is not interfering in the internal operation of a country in this instance since it can't mind its own business - Americans are already adopting children from Romania - and their just calling to change the terms of that relationship.

I was focusing on the golfer vs. the political dissident

Golfer is from Puerto Rico, a U.S. territory, so recognizing him doesn't cost anything and its business internal to ourselves. (He'd vote no if it was a medal) The political dissident is an internal political matter to China - it is one of their citizens and we don't get involved in their political matters.

dannno
12-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Sounds like he is encouraging free markets.

Hallamaat
12-09-2010, 02:57 AM
Ron Paul.
Shark tank.
Add water.

Some disassembly required likely.

Y-not on December 8, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Wow. :rolleyes:

RonPaulSupporterInExile
12-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Who is this allahpundit and why does he hate Ron?

He's an anonymous Blogger.

I have info on him, and I'd like to out the guy.

Believe me, it's something that, with a little investigative work, could be found out.

amy31416
12-09-2010, 09:54 AM
He's an anonymous Blogger.

I have info on him, and I'd like to out the guy.

Believe me, it's something that, with a little investigative work, could be found out.

Well just say what you know already. If it's too much personal info, it'll get edited by the mods.

jtstellar
12-09-2010, 01:31 PM
god who cares.. rp can start voting rosa park a medal once every single month starting now and it doesn't matter

mczerone
12-09-2010, 04:08 PM

Speaking out of your depths.

"Squaring the circle" comes from a mathematics problem that existed since ancient times: Can you construct (with only straight-edge and compass) a square with identical area as a given circle?

For centuries it could not be done nor proven that it could not be done, and there were always crack-pots and professionals claiming that they had a method for doing so (like inventors of perpetual motion machines or people thinking they had transmuted a base metal to gold).

Only recently was it proven that one cannot square the circle, as only relatively recently was the second law of thermodynamics applied to disprove the existence of perpetual motion, and molecular chemistry as proven that there is no energetically "cheap" way to create gold.

nate895
12-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Speaking out of your depths.

"Squaring the circle" comes from a mathematics problem that existed since ancient times: Can you construct (with only straight-edge and compass) a square with identical area as a given circle?

For centuries it could not be done nor proven that it could not be done, and there were always crack-pots and professionals claiming that they had a method for doing so (like inventors of perpetual motion machines or people thinking they had transmuted a base metal to gold).

Only recently was it proven that one cannot square the circle, as only relatively recently was the second law of thermodynamics applied to disprove the existence of perpetual motion, and molecular chemistry as proven that there is no energetically "cheap" way to create gold.

Read my later posts in the thread.

Lucille
12-10-2010, 01:40 AM
Was Paul's statement on the House floor linked to by that clown, or no?

Don't Meddle in China
by Ron Paul (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul709.html)

Before the US House of Representatives, December 7, 2010, on resolution congratulating Liu Xiaobob on Nobel Peace Prize

Mr. Speaker, I rise in opposition to this resolution as I do not believe it is our place, as Members of the U.S. Congress, to dictate internal policy to the Chinese government. Obviously, as an advocate of minimal government and personal liberty, I do not support imprisoning individuals for their political views and believe that anyone held anywhere for merely holding unpopular views – including anyone held in the United States – should be released. I do object to the meddling in this bill which falsely advertises itself as a non-controversial expression of congratulations to a winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.

As one who believes strongly in national sovereignty and is opposed to the idea of a world governmental authority, I particularly object to the sentiment expressed in this bill that "violations of human rights in general ... are matters of legitimate concern to other governments.'' This idea is the recipe for abominations such as the "humanitarian'' bombing of Serbia in 1999 and is used by those who wish to maintain the current disastrous occupation of Afghanistan. As we can see from interventions such as the U.S. attack on Iraq, which was at least partly sold as a humanitarian-inspired overthrow of a dictator, sometimes the "cure'' is worse than the disease particularly when one calculates the number dead from the intervention and the number actually killed by the regime being replaced.

I find it ironic that, at a time when the U.S. government is desperately attempting to censor the publication of sensitive leaked information that it considers embarrassing and is demonizing and calling for the prosecution or worse of the publisher of that information, Julian Assange, this resolution "calls on the Government of China to cease censoring media and Internet reporting of the award of the Nobel Peace Prize to Liu Xiaobo and to cease its campaign of defamation against Liu Xiaobo.''

In the interest of a non-interventionist U.S. foreign policy I must therefore oppose this resolution and will continue to oppose any meddling in the domestic affairs of foreign countries.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-10-2010, 07:12 AM
Who is this allahpundit

Here you go:

[removed]
Enjoy.

Anyone know how to find someone with that information to 'out' this guy? Because I don't.

Slutter McGee
12-10-2010, 10:20 AM
I think we need more meaningless resolutions. Fill Congress up with them. The more time they spend voting on crap, the less time they will spend passing "important stuff"...also known as stuff that will screw over the american people.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee