PDA

View Full Version : Will the tax bill that RP voted yes on increase taxes/add to the deficit?

Son of Detroit
12-08-2010, 07:26 PM
I've had to hear my dad criticize Ron for voting yes on the latest tax bill, saying it will raise the Estate Tax and add hundreds of billions to the deficit through extending unemployment...

Is this true? If so, why did Ron vote yes with all of that junk in there?

Zippyjuan
12-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Any tax cuts which are not offset by spending reductions will add to the deficit.

Brett85
12-08-2010, 08:01 PM
I've had to hear my dad criticize Ron for voting yes on the latest tax bill, saying it will raise the Estate Tax and add hundreds of billions to the deficit through extending unemployment...

Is this true? If so, why did Ron vote yes with all of that junk in there?

This tax bill hasn't been voted on yet, so Ron hasn't voted either way. The bill does not raise the estate tax, however. If nothing is done the estate tax will go to 55% in January. This tax compromise cuts the estate tax from 55% to 35%. So that is a tax cut as well.

cswake
12-08-2010, 08:03 PM
He said he will vote for it despite the unemployment benefits.

YouTube - Freedom Watch Dec 8 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk3sSK5RWpc)

oyarde
12-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Some of the unemployment money is to be paid back by the states that borrowed unemployment money .

oyarde
12-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Everything else in the bill that I have seen is tax cuts or extension of current cuts to expire Jan 1 .