PDA

View Full Version : What is "Rich"

TakeThePowerBack
12-08-2010, 06:41 PM
I know y'all know all this, but I made a video so others might try to understand... Please take a look, and if you like it, you know what to do.

YouTube - Who Exactly are the Wealthiest Americans, Hot Garbage Answers, With Sammy the Dog! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivOrR47Sbu0)

http://www.youtube.com/user/gregalabama <-- my channel

Edit to remove embed code. ;)

awake
12-08-2010, 06:52 PM
"the “rich” are not being taxed to pay for the “poor.” The redistribution is within income categories; some poor are forced to pay for other poor."

"...the modern welfare state, highly touted as soaking the rich to
subsidize the poor, does no such thing. In fact, soaking the rich would
have disastrous effects, not just for the rich but for the poor and middle
classes themselves. For it is the rich who provide a proportionately greater
amount of saving, investment capital, entrepreneurial foresight, and
financing of technological innovation that has brought the United States to
by far the highest standard of living—for the mass of the people—of any
country in history. Soaking the rich would not only be profoundly
immoral, it would drastically penalize the very virtues: thrift, business
foresight, and investment, that have brought about our remarkable
standard of living. It would truly be killing the goose that lays the golden
eggs." - M. Rothbard , For a New Liberty.

TakeThePowerBack
12-08-2010, 06:57 PM
"the “rich” are not being taxed to pay for the “poor.” The redistribution is within income categories; some poor are forced to pay for other poor."

"and your other quote here" - M. Rothbard , For a New Liberty.

Yes, but, it is my assumption that if you are making 17 million + a year you are dirty dirty dirty cheating the system. I mean that is just greed. Sure there might be one or two people that rich doing it honestly and ethically, well, I even doubt that...
;)

awake
12-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Yes, but, it is my assumption that if you are making 17 million + a year you are dirty dirty dirty cheating the system. I mean that is just greed. Sure there might be one or two people that rich doing it honestly and ethically, well, I even doubt that...
;)

In a free market the rich are the men who best serve the wants of his customers. In a political economy the rich are the best politically connected; the regimes favorites and most obedient.

TakeThePowerBack
12-08-2010, 07:06 PM
In a free market the rich are the men who best serve the wants of his customers. In a political economy the rich are the best connected; the regimes favorites and most obedient.

Oddly we have here what seems to be both, depending on the ethics of the individial, and of course if he/she has ethics, in this country a **it load of luck is required to get past the aforementioned system you describe.

awake
12-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Oddly we have here what seems to be both, depending on the ethics of the individial, and of course if he/she has ethics, in this country a **it load of luck is required to get past the aforementioned system you describe.

Yes, there is a mixture of both, but in a highly socialized system it tends to lean heavily toward political connections exchanging for preferable legislation.

TakeThePowerBack
12-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Yes, there is a mixture of both, but in a highly socialized system it tends to lean heavily toward political connections exchanging for preferable legislation.

it would seem as though you are correct.

TonyFromTheBronx
12-08-2010, 08:32 PM
when world government is instituted, anyone making $10 an hour is "rich" by global standards.

im gonna laugh when these envious O-bot loving losers realize that they are "rich" and must be taxed accordingly.