PDA

View Full Version : Ron should announce for 2012 before anyone else does.

TonyFromTheBronx
12-08-2010, 04:38 PM
just a thought. If he announces first for, it would generate much more publicity than if he announces after palin, Huck, Romney etc.

Announce now and start major moneybombs before anyone else is evn in the ring. FORCE the media to cover you.

speciallyblend
12-08-2010, 04:40 PM
just a thought. If he announces first for, it would generate much more publicity than if he announces after palin, Huck, Romney etc.

Announce now and start major moneybombs before anyone else is evn in the ring. FORCE the media to cover you.

I would love him to, talk about energized!

hazek
12-08-2010, 04:59 PM
I wholeheartedly agree.

eugenekop
12-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I am not very versed in American politics, so tell me, what do you think is the chance Ron Paul will run for president?

low preference guy
12-08-2010, 05:11 PM
I am not very versed in American politics, so tell me, what do you think is the chance Ron Paul will run for president?

i think it's a bit higher than 50%. i have a 55% degree of confidence he'll run.

RileyE104
12-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I disagree with this. Give it time people.

I think Ron wants to get some accomplishments done in his new committee before he announces a 2012 run.

eugenekop
12-08-2010, 05:14 PM
And do you think America is ready for him? I think there is high chance that someone from the Tea Party will win, but realistically we both know that it won't be Ron Paul, he is still too radical for the mainstream.

low preference guy
12-08-2010, 05:15 PM
And do you think America is ready for him? I think there is high chance that someone from the Tea Party will win, but realistically we both know that it won't be Ron Paul, he is still too radical for the mainstream.

politics can be incredibly unpredictable. especially during a recession (or depression) and in the middle of an unprecedented revival of small government sentiment in the country.

nate895
12-08-2010, 05:17 PM
He wants to be in with the first group that announces, that's for sure. Generally, either in late Nov./early Dec. after the midterms a few exploratory PACs form, or they could start forming exploratory committees in January. He should make his intentions plain by the end of January.

BTW, the whole "exploratory committee"-thing is a complete charade from what I can tell. If someone announces one, they are running unless they don't get enough money to fly coach and eat at McD's.

Heimdallr
12-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Word. BUT we shouldn't rush into this. He should announce when the stars align (ideally after he gets a lot of publicity/chairmanship/makes widely-circulated statements, Rand does something awesome etc.)

Basically, as soon as the time is ripe, which should be pretty soon.