PDA

View Full Version : It's baaack - Big Ag's Food "Safety" Bill is being debated now in the House

Lucille
12-08-2010, 03:57 PM
The fascists slipped it into the House Continuing Resolution

http://cspan.org/Watch/C-SPAN.aspx

S 510 included in a House Bill to be voted on today (http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/s-510-included-in-a-house-bill-to-be-voted-on-today/)

S. 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act, has been included in a short-term Continuing Resolution on which the House is expected to vote this afternoon. This would overcome the unconstitutional revenue provision in S.510, confirmed an aide in Sen. Tom Coburn’s office.

“The bill has to come back to the Senate for a vote to be scheduled by the Majority Leader. It could still be voted on in the lame duck session,” he said.

Writing about the continuing resolution, the National Journal explained, “Congress must clear an extension before Friday to provide additional time for lawmakers to decide how to wrap up fiscal year 2011 spending.” ...

ninepointfive
12-08-2010, 04:12 PM
so far from what I've seen, all are in favor!

Lucille
12-08-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm truly disgusted. DeLauro made me want to run screaming into the streets! She wrote the House version of the filthy, fascist thing and, coincidentally, her husband is an attorney for Monsanto!

It will pass. Many Rs are opposed to it but it passed easily in the House the first go-round.

tpreitzel
12-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Save us some time and post the vote count, please. We need to know which non-representatives voted for this bill.

Heimdallr
12-08-2010, 04:22 PM
C-R-O-N-Y, you ain't got no alibi, you crony! you, you, you crony!

jclay2
12-08-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm truly disgusted. DeLauro made me want to run screaming into the streets! She wrote the House version of the filthy, fascist thing and, coincidentally, her husband is an attorney for Monsanto!

It will pass. Many Rs are opposed to it but it passed easily in the House the first go-round.

Unreal!:mad: And to think those morons who made Food Inc. are supporting this. What a joke.

Lucille
12-08-2010, 05:02 PM
A martial law rule passed the House today? WTF?

Lucille
12-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Good Lord...

RedState (http://www.redstate.com/brian_d/2010/12/08/today-in-washington-december-8-2010/):
The House is voting on a Continuing Resolution funding the government into next year and the Martial Law rule. The House will consider H.Res. 1752, the Same Day Consideration Rule, also known as ”Martial Law.” This new rule waives all transparency requirements in the House so the liberals can sneak legislation quickly through the House without anybody knowing what is in it. The rule waives one transparency provision of clause 6(a) of rule XIII with respect to consideration of certain resolutions reported from the Committee on Rules. This will grant the liberals in the House the discretion to bring up bills without any notice to the minority party. Clearly, the Pelosi lead House will go down in history as not the most transparent and ethical in Congressional history –like they promised.

I wondered WTH was going on in the House today.

Lucille
12-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Here comes the vote.

tpreitzel
12-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Frankly, I don't see how the states can continue to sit idly on the sidelines and watch this corruption at the federal level go unchecked. Some governor will eventually be FORCED to ask his legislature to begin the process of secession ... blatant, in-your-face corruption.

Dr.3D
12-08-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm watching C-SPAN right now and they are talking about the DREAM act and Fox news just mentioned it was being voted on this hour.

Edit: I don't understand much of what I see on C-SPAN. Guess they are just voting on part of that act.
Seems like a lot of voting is being pushed through in a pretty short time. Is this not unusual?

Lucille
12-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Harkin's talking about "dividing up the pie." ;P

Lucille
12-08-2010, 05:29 PM
I can hardly stand listening to this crap.

Lucille
12-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Well, the House Continuing Resolution/Food "Safety" Bill passed.

Lucille
12-08-2010, 05:43 PM
212-206

35 Dems voted Nay

Zero Republicans voted Yea

ninepointfive
12-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Do all these recent developments in government tyranny ultimately help our cause? Like a smack in the face to the uninitiated?

Stary Hickory
12-08-2010, 05:50 PM
212-206

35 Dems voted Nay

Zero Republicans voted Yea

Those Dems are all about civil liberties......yeah