PDA

View Full Version : Major League Baseball Player, Luke Scott, questions Obama's origin of birth!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-08-2010, 08:20 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/08/luke-scott-obama_n_793657.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

qh4dotcom
12-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Jay Leno joked about it last night...not the baseball player but the fact that some pissed off Democrats are going to start to want to see the birth certificate

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-08-2010, 08:34 AM
Poor Luke is being bashed horribly on HP and on Orioles fan sites.

btw, I have it on good authority that Mr. Scott is a Ron Paul fan.

RestoreTheRepublic
12-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Poor Luke is being bashed horribly on HP and on Orioles fan sites.

btw, I have it on good authority that Mr. Scott is a Ron Paul fan.

Wow, that's awesome. Aren't you a big Orioles fan too? The Orioles have always been the A.L. team I root for. This just gives me more of a reason :)

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Wow, that's awesome. Aren't you a big Orioles fan too? The Orioles have always been the A.L. team I root for. This just gives me more of a reason :)

I am a die hard O's fanatic going as far back as I can remember. I always like Luke Scott but this bumps him up near the top of my favorite Oriole ever list. That and the fact he walks around with a mountain man beard in the offseason, builds muscle by chopping down trees, could eat at 5 star restaurants every day but feeds himself and his family through hunting and fishing and he likes to carry a holstered gun around with him. What is not to love?

Epic
12-08-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm an Orioles fan and Luke Scott is probably their best hitter cause the team is terrible.

I wish he could have focused more on just explaining why the policies are bad. The policies would be just as bad and just as damaging if Obama was born in America.

malkusm
12-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Holy shit, hopefully he doesn't get in too much trouble with this. Teams usually don't like it when players get really involved in politics and what not.

That said, can we draft Luke Scott for office once he retires from the game? :D

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-08-2010, 09:20 AM
I'm an Orioles fan and Luke Scott is probably their best hitter cause the team is terrible.

I wish he could have focused more on just explaining why the policies are bad. The policies would be just as bad and just as damaging if Obama was born in America.

well they have Mark Reynolds now so if you are talking about raw power and home run potential than Reynolds is now their best hitter. In Raw power I would say that even Wieters would have a bit more but has failed to develop fully. No doubt though, Scott is a beast.

CheezItsRule
12-08-2010, 09:22 AM
He is the first openly gay men in MLB.

Is this true? Or did someone sabotage his Wiki entry?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-08-2010, 09:25 AM

someone messed with his wiki and even if he was gay there have been a couple others who have come out of the closet long before he would have.

malkusm
12-08-2010, 09:26 AM

Definitely false - probably some HuffPo "SuperUser" who's upset at the comments. I mean, this doesn't exactly scream "gay":

That and the fact he walks around with a mountain man beard in the offseason, builds muscle by chopping down trees, could eat at 5 star restaurants every day but feeds himself and his family through hunting and fishing and he likes to carry a holstered gun around with him. What is not to love?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Holy shit, hopefully he doesn't get in too much trouble with this. Teams usually don't like it when players get really involved in politics and what not.

That said, can we draft Luke Scott for office once he retires from the game? :D

Hey I am all for drafting him for office... but you are right about him getting in trouble and especially when it comes to the O's because Peter Angelos is about as liberal as they come.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Feel sorry for the Orioles. Stuck in a division with the Yankees, Rays and Red Sox. Kind of hard to pull one out of the basement in that division.

Has Mike Gonzalez been any good for them?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Feel sorry for the Orioles. Stuck in a division with the Yankees, Rays and Red Sox. Kind of hard to pull one out of the basement in that division.

Has Mike Gonzalez been any good for them?

he had a moment or two but he spent the better part of last season on the DL and when he was not on the DL he was basically a type A, 2nd round draft costing train wreck of a pitcher.

payme_rick
12-08-2010, 10:16 AM
As an Astros fan, I for sure remember Luke Scott... Cool!

jmhudak17
12-08-2010, 12:06 PM
It's cool that he supposedly likes Ron Paul but the birther stuff gets annoying after a while. Could we please focus on real issues?

malkusm
12-08-2010, 12:17 PM
It's cool that he supposedly likes Ron Paul but the birther stuff gets annoying after a while. Could we please focus on real issues?

Yeah I agree, we need Luke to come out and say "End the Fed" and see what happens. :D

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-08-2010, 03:32 PM
well he was supposedly going off about the second amendment as well and was really bashing the idiotic laws in MD.

He is REALLY taking a beating on the fan boards and MASN blogs. He is being called racist, retarded, a tea bagger, Sarah Palin's favorite player and some fans are even demanding he be traded or outright released. There was even one trying to organize an opening day protest where people turn their backs on him when introduced and some posters suggested that was not enough and thought that perhaps they should pelt him with garbage and burn his jerseys.