PDA

View Full Version : FreeRepublic.com Declares that Ron Paul = End of Civilization

Brent H
10-21-2007, 01:45 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1914013/posts

True to his word, Ron Paul abolishes the IRS, the CIA, the border patrol, and calls all military personnel stateside to serve as border guards.

Problems immediately start to arise. The income tax code is still law, but with no enforcement agency, people soon just stop paying taxes. Congress tries to implement supplementary measures, but ultimately enforcement is the duty of the Executive and the Paul Administration has announced they will pursue no enforcement of income or payroll tax collection.

The US government goes bankrupt in the first year of the Paul Presidency. Social Security and Medicare benefits cease to be provided. Many of the old and disabled are forced to steal to survive. However, with the Paul Presidency endorsing the right of property owners to kill on sight such plunderers, hundreds of such people are killed each day.

Meanwhile, the military cannot be funded. There is no money for logistics -- much less for member benefits. The Congress is forced to enact conscripted service legislation which Ron Paul signs (perhaps he realizes a veto will be overridden anyway). However, these conscripted members are given almost no pay or benefits and are working as virtual slaves. Military moral is at a horrific low, of course, and corruption, chaos, and desertion being the rule in the military. There is no ability of the military to accomplish its only duty under a Paul Presidency -- serve as border guards.

Meanwhile, Islamic militantism is emboldened. They step up attacks around the world. In the second year of the Paul Presidency, they sneak suitcase nukes into New York and Washington DC and detonate them. Hundreds of thousands of lives are lost with untold others critically injured. The hospitals have already been overrun with the Paul Presidency destitute seeking benefits, and have no way to deal with the injured. An already severely crippled country descends into complete chaos. A Ron Paul goal has been accomplished. There is effectively no federal government.

The Nation fractures into local ad hoc governments and is overrun with foreign squatters. Many areas of the former US have been claimed by militant Islamics who institute Sharia law. The federal government has no power and is merely a figurehead institute. Ron Paul proclaims that this what the founding fathers envisioned and his job is done.

RP4ME
10-21-2007, 01:51 PM
This is more boogey man tactics.....painting apicture taht day 1 Paul flips the switch! HAHAHA follishness we - do need to counter thsi in other media!

Zarxrax
10-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Hahaha, thats hilarious!

Wait... you mean that article was supposed to be serious? :(

murrayrothbard
10-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Sounds good to me :) Nukes are probably bad though :(

EvilTwinkie
10-21-2007, 02:48 PM
And we are the nutjobs?

johngr
10-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Did anyone read the thread? There are some RP people there who have some hard-hitting answers to the fear-mongerers. I am really heartened by that? Here is a particular gem:

Many areas of the former US have been claimed by militant Islamics who institute Sharia law.

Good to see you have such faith in the citizens of the respective states. What color is the sky in your world that even if the federal government dissolved completely (which it wouldn't under Dr. Paul's leadership) that the citizens themselves wouldn't stand up to these crazed Islamic groups (which are about as evident as the flying pig just outside my window)? Have all our guns been taken mysteriously overnight?

Considering these Islamic groups will not have access to major military equipment, and no ability to transport major numbers over here either, how exactly are they going to do it?

0zzy
10-21-2007, 03:42 PM
wtf....

angelatc
10-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Many areas of the former US have been claimed by militant Islamics who institute Sharia law.

Good to see you have such faith in the citizens of the respective states. What color is the sky in your world that even if the federal government dissolved completely (which it wouldn't under Dr. Paul's leadership) that the citizens themselves wouldn't stand up to these crazed Islamic groups (which are about as evident as the flying pig just outside my window)? Have all our guns been taken mysteriously overnight?

Considering these Islamic groups will not have access to major military equipment, and no ability to transport major numbers over here either, how exactly are they going to do it?

My local Illinois republican group is comprised of these same type of thinkers. I posted the same type " We have guns in our homes," reponse, and they shot back with "What good is a pistol going to do when a nuclear weapon comes up through the harbor on a boat?"

Edited to add: OK - I clicked on that link, and am amazed to see they have yet another fundraiser going on. I suspect the owner of that site is sipping champagne on a nice boat somewhere. $66,000.00 a quarter? That seems pretty steep to host a site that's as bare bones as that site looks. Am I wrong?

mrd
10-21-2007, 04:07 PM
I love the notion of the nation going bankrupt, considering Ron Paul is constantly screaming at Congress to balance the budget! What a putz. I certainly hope this 'no nau' character doesn't have many viewers that take him seriously.

Shellshock1918
10-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Abolish the border patrol? WTF these people need to go to sleep.

Wow, as usual, totally baseless assumptions and accusations by the neo-cons.

ConstitutionGal
10-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Drivel like this makes me glad I finally got banned on that site a couple of weeks ago. Heck, even the Wiki entry for "free republic" has a section about Guilani and Paul supporters being banned en mass there. Of course, JimRob (the site's owner) is busy raking in the cash while getting rid of everyone who doesn't favor starting WWIII. And they call US loonies!!!

Malakai0
10-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Drivel based on fantasy. Don't even give them the traffic by looking.

Give me liberty
10-21-2007, 09:18 PM
and i thought sean hannity guys were bad enough, well at least some of them are minded.

NewEnd
10-21-2007, 10:13 PM
they are freaking crazy.

we can start a war with Irasn with no repercussions, but when paul is elected president... hell in a handbasket on day 2