PDA

View Full Version : Rove: Ron Paul Potential 2012 GOP Nominee

Alan Brown Jr.
12-06-2010, 09:53 PM
A friend just told me that Rove mentioned on Hannity 13 potential GOP candidates who could break out in 2012, and Ron Paul was one of them. Although I don't have video, it is impressive that Ron is already being acknowledged as a serious candidate.

Perhaps Rand succeeding in spite of everything they threw at him, and then winning by a much larger margin than either incumbent senator could muster in recent elections made them seriously consider this possibility.

oyarde
12-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Who else did they list ?

Ethek
12-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Impressive, Rove during 2008 refused to mention Ron's name at all. Almost that he feared giving it power by mentioning it.

sailingaway
12-06-2010, 09:57 PM
A friend just told me that Rove mentioned on Hannity 13 potential GOP candidates who could break out in 2012, and Ron Paul was one of them. Although I don't have video, it is impressive that Ron is already being acknowledged as a serious candidate.

Perhaps Rand succeeding in spite of everything they threw at him, and then winning by a much larger margin than either incumbent senator could muster in recent elections made them seriously consider this possibility.

He's in the top 5 every time PPP polls. And Rasmussen polled him at 41% to Obama's 42% in a head to head match. He isn't a frontrunner, but he is definitely more credible a candidate than Pawlenty, etc.

Koz
12-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Tube?

libertybrewcity
12-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Rove said this? The biggest establishment elite of them all? I'll have to see it to believe it..

rprprs
12-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Yes, and there was also a graphic that included Paul's picture as a potential contender.
If you can stand Hannity, Fox has the vid up here (http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/index.html#/v/4449778/race-for-2012-gaining-traction/?playlist_id=86924).

TheTyke
12-06-2010, 10:26 PM
He's in the top 5 every time PPP polls. And Rasmussen polled him at 41% to Obama's 42% in a head to head match. He isn't a frontrunner, but he is definitely more credible a candidate than Pawlenty, etc.

Exactly! Ron is a contender now... even our greatest opponents realize it. The onus is on us though. The reason he's a contender and the way he can win is if our movement gives everything it can with our characteristic resolve.

We need to start saving money now to make the maximum contributions. We need to attend CPAC and make sure he wins the straw poll. We need to get ready to volunteer and do whatever it takes in the early states. We need to find people willing to become delegates (all the way through the process) and make a favorable environment within the party for Ron and liberty candidates to win.

The question is, how badly do we want liberty?

Legend1104
12-06-2010, 11:12 PM
He only said "Paul." Are we sure he meant Ron and not Rand?

RedBloodConservative
12-06-2010, 11:35 PM
He only said "Paul." Are we sure he meant Ron and not Rand?

Yes he meant Ron...Rand just got elected, he was referring to Ron and not Rand... Not to mention the picture they showed was on Ron paul, not Rand...