PDA

View Full Version : DailyKos turns on Obama

MRoCkEd
12-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Not for war, torture, assaults on civil liberties...

But because he might not raise taxes.

Enjoy the comment section:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/12/6/926200/-President-Obama-announces-deal-to-continue-Bush-tax-policy

Bruno
12-06-2010, 07:22 PM
gotta have priorities!

oyarde
12-06-2010, 07:28 PM

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/12/6/926200/-President-Obama-announces-deal-to-continue-Bush-tax-policy

Commies .

angelatc
12-06-2010, 07:29 PM

Absolutely. After listening to them so carefully brand the Bush tax policy as "tax cuts for the rich," watching Obama sell them down the river on this is priceless.

Obama is now in it for his second term. He could care less about pleasing his base, because they're going to vote for him no matter what.

On a more honest front though - what kind of retarded combination is Washington dishing out? A compromise should have been higher taxes with some spending cuts. Instead, they're keeping taxes low and extending the unemployment benefits. Unbelievably irresponsible.

Matt Collins
12-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Liberals are livid with Obama right now for a variety of reasons.

oyarde
12-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Absolutely. After listening to them so carefully brand the Bush tax policy as "tax cuts for the rich," watching Obama sell them down the river on this is priceless.

Obama is now in it for his second term. He could care less about pleasing his base, because they're going to vote for him no matter what.

On a more honest front though - what kind of retarded combination is Washington dishing out? A compromise should have been higher taxes with some spending cuts. Instead, they're keeping taxes low and extending the unemployment benefits. Unbelievably irresponsible.

They could have easily cut something to get that unemployment money if they wanted too . They just do not want to cut .

sailingaway
12-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Wow. I couldn't even get through more than about a third, and yet I liked pretty much every one.....

I do feel badly for them, though in a way. We are fortunate in Ron, and I hope, in Rand. Even Kucinich sold out his precious public option for a ride in Airforce One and a clearly futile ability to discuss the Afghanistan war for one day.

They could have easily cut something to get that unemployment money if they wanted too . They just do not want to cut .

this ^^

It makes you wonder what rainy day they are saving the cuts for. Well, that is why we worked so hard to get Rand in. He WILL propose a balanced budget, and it will AT LEAST make people realize at a gut level the trade offs we will be having, now or tomorrow, for the excess spending.

low preference guy
12-06-2010, 07:41 PM
A compromise should have been higher taxes with some spending cuts. Instead, they're keeping taxes low and extending the unemployment benefits. Unbelievably irresponsible.

Any GOP legislator would have risked getting primaried, and deservedly, by voting for tax increases. So that would've been more of a political suicide than a compromise.

sailingaway
12-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Any GOP legislator would have risked getting primaried, and deservedly, by voting for tax increases. So that would've been more of a political suicide than a compromise.

But they could have picked something from the commission report and implemented a spending cut. I nominate Ron and Barney Frank's $100 billion for unneeded defense spending from the report they did.

low preference guy
12-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Obama gave up a lot very easily. This is obviously a political move to get votes from "the center", and destroy an issue that would've been negative for him in the 2012 campaign. In other words, I think Obama is happy that the Republicans "forced him" to not raise taxes. This is the only way he could do it while keeping the support from his base. The DailyKos people will forget this a lot sooner than 2012.

Tinnuhana
12-06-2010, 07:46 PM
This (from comments):

"Hey Frank Luntz - What Should I Say To Make Myself Sound Like A Brainless Parrot?

by hopalong on Mon Dec 06, 2010 at 04:07:18 PM PST"

low preference guy
12-06-2010, 07:48 PM
But they could have picked something from the commission report and implemented a spending cut. I nominate Ron and Barney Frank's $100 billion for unneeded defense spending from the report they did.

That's cool. Cutting is good. I'm talking about tax increases.

reagle
12-06-2010, 07:49 PM
from democraticunderground

Does Obama cave in too much to the Republicans that want to destroy him or does Obama really fight for what he believes in?

Poll result (173 votes)

Obama is a caver (125 votes, 72%)
Obama is a fighter (28 votes, 16%)
Neither - Obama is bought by corporate interests (20 votes, 12%)

hxxp://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=433x541975

from the comments

--
beforeyoureyes

4. Neither...he is a corporate puppet of the first degree. Need a third option - BOUGHT

Caving would imply that he stood for the people and policies of principle in the first place. Can't cave if you never were really vested in representing the people's interests...

This is such a simple point. Why are we still stuck on caving?

He is bought.
--

ouch

oyarde
12-06-2010, 07:50 PM
That's cool. Cutting is good. I'm talking about tax increases.

If they cut just 12 b of that , it would pay to extend unemployment Dec through Feb If that is what was to be done . What is budget for dept of education ?

cswake
12-06-2010, 07:51 PM
LOL. Some still are thinking that Gore or Hillary would've done things differently. Next up will be Republican voters in a few years.

Obama is in fact, just as many wingnut teabaggers have claimed, a Manchurian Candidate.
A Right Wing Manchurian Candidate.

amy31416
12-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Want to make a liberal angry?

Ask them the following: Do you think it's more likely that the gov't will use additional revenue to help the poor or if they'll use it to keep contracting Halliburton, Blackwater and wage more war? Ask them if they really want to send more money to a gov't that is killing, destroying civil liberties and itching for more war.

Ask them if they want the next neocon president to have more money and more power, whether it comes from someone in the middle class, the upper 10 or 2%.

That makes their collective heads explode. I actually had one response just stating that "They're taking the money from the rich!" I think implying that it was the rich people, and not our government, who was doing all these horrible things in their name.

akforme
12-06-2010, 08:00 PM
DU has been fun lately, they have been on the obama shitfest for the last few weeks. They still have no clue, but it's fun watching them try and find one.

RonPaulCult
12-06-2010, 08:23 PM
These comments - I must make popcorn and enjoy them!

angelatc
12-06-2010, 08:27 PM

But if they're up there voting to keep themselves in office, and that's okey-dokey, then there's no point in pretending to be fiscally responsible.

Tinnuhana
12-06-2010, 08:28 PM
More from comments:
"You think the Bush tax cuts could only be won by Bush? Bush just made it a little easier for the Democrats. They really didn't have to show their true colors while Bush was President. Nader told us years ago who the two parties are controlled by and beholden to, and he asked us then to start making demands. We're fools to keep bashing Nader. He was incredibly prescient. If he were to run today in a primary against Obama, I would vote for him in a minute."

And...
"And they're going to reap the whirlwind.

"I've got to say though, that there will be a huge push for civil disobedience and civil unrest. Citizens are angry and want positive outcomes from this government, which has ignored them at every opportunity. But unfortunately, these citizens are highly armed.

"My fear is that such an occurrence is exactly what this executive seeks. This government is in an endgame. They have bankrupted the United States of America. Then, when the populace revolts, as it's sure to do, these assholes will institute martial law and a military dictatorship.

"So, if citizens want a real change, the LAST thing they should do is open the gun cabinet. It will be another pretext. The ONLY solution is through a constitutional means. Citizens must successfully vote out of office every official who has violated their oaths of office to the constitution. That will only happen by lopping off the head of the party leaderships.

"I hate to say it, but coalition with rule of law conservatives is the only way to destroy the policy lock by the Dempublican duopoly. By the wealthy, who control every major policy proposal in this country."

Finally:

"Face it, as disappointing as Obama is in so many ways, imagine what life would be like today had McCain won. And take it to the bank, the Republican nominee in 2012 will be as bad or worse than that dynamic duo.

"Obama and we have to pray Sarah runs and gets the nod."

qh4dotcom
12-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Hope this results in a candidate challenging Obama in the 2012 primaries

oyarde
12-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Hope this results in a candidate challenging Obama in the 2012 primaries

They may present negatives .

sailingaway
12-06-2010, 08:49 PM
They may present negatives .

Agreed. They may win, and may be better.

The way they want to run against Sarah Palin, we want to run against Obama.

MRoCkEd
12-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Draft Glenn Greenwald!

low preference guy
12-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Draft Glenn Greenwald!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

cswake
12-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Another good thread:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/12/6/926255/-No-help-for-99ers-in-tax-cut-framework

If Obama were LBJ we would have a draft and 500,000 troops in Afghanistan.And them calling a major flip-flop in a window of one month:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-tv/roy-sekoff-obama-just-erased-line-in-sand_b_792889.html

"You've got to stand where you live. There's got to be some core value," he said. "Over the last two months, the president over 50 times has said, 'We can't afford this, we can't give these tax cuts to the millionaires and billionaires, that's the line in the sand' -- and it just got erased."

Wren
12-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Neocons - Fuck the debt, WAR WAR WAR!
Liberals - Fuck the war, TAX TAX TAX!

Ths is why Ron Paul gives me sanity

sailingaway
12-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Neocons - Fuck the debt, WAR WAR WAR!
Liberals - Fuck the war, TAX TAX TAX!

Ths is why Ron Paul gives me sanity

Liberals seem just fine with the war, from what I can tell.

Anti Federalist
12-06-2010, 10:43 PM

That was a fun read, thanks!

dannno
12-06-2010, 11:12 PM
In a related topic, over at Change.org I posted a comment that included "free markets ftw!" and got a double than average post rating from other readers!!

How the FUCK did I do it :D

low preference guy
12-06-2010, 11:18 PM
In a related topic, over at Change.org I posted a comment that included "free markets ftw!" and got a double than average post rating from other readers!!

How the FUCK did I do it :D

maybe they thought you were being sarcastic?

dannno
12-06-2010, 11:20 PM
maybe they thought you were being sarcastic?

Noooooooo

specsaregood
12-06-2010, 11:25 PM

Yes, those were quite enjoyable. PErhaps they are figuring out what happes when you follow the mission of that site which is party before principle. Maybe a few will figure out how that doesn't quite work out how you think it will.

Wren
12-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Liberals seem just fine with the war, from what I can tell.

It's no longer their main priority as it was during the Bush years

Pauls' Revere
12-07-2010, 12:46 AM

Thank You!

I especially liked this comment one person made about Obama:

sorry pal (9+ / 0-)
Recommended by:Doug in SF, lilchas, Emocrat, mary4, jkusters, wmholt, workingdefinition, SBoswell, Razorblade
dude just broke a core campaign promise, and then some.
on top of DADT.
on top of Afganistan.
on top of lying on the public option.
on top of continuing no-strings attached bailouts.

holy shit. what losers we all were to be played by this douche

Priceless....:D

dannno
12-07-2010, 01:07 AM
LOL, now I'm articulating Rand's position on the CRA at change.org and having civil discourse on the matter :D