PDA

View Full Version : Italy - Stoned Driver Plows Car Into Cyclists, Killing 8

Anti Federalist
12-06-2010, 01:57 AM
Damn al Quadia, Mooslem, dope smoking...oh wait...

A "Drug War" false flag?

Stoned Driver Plows Car Into Cyclists, Killing 8

http://www.newser.com/story/106897/stoned-driver-plows-car-into-cyclists-killing-8.html

(AP) – A speeding car plowed head-on into a group of cyclists in southern Italy this morning, killing eight of them. The driver had been smoking marijuana, police said. Bent, mangled bikes were strewn about the scene, and the sheet-draped corpses dotted the two-lane road near Lamezia Terme, in the Calabrian "toe" of boot-shaped Italy where the accident occurred.

The ANSA news agency said the driver, a Moroccan national who was only slightly injured, was placed under arrest on charges of multiple homicide. He was reportedly trying to pass another car when he hit the group. A young boy who was in the car with him, along with two other cyclists, were also injured.

Zippyjuan
12-06-2010, 02:07 AM
In this country it is mostly drunk Americans killing people with their cars.

guitarlifter
12-06-2010, 02:25 AM
I wouldn't change a single letter of this story if the drug war as well as unconstitutional traffic laws had ended in America and this happened here. It's an unbiased story, and it doesn't promote or condemn anything. It shows that driving faster and using marijuana may be more dangerous, and this builds responsibility in people, but, at the same time, we'd still have our freedom to do these things so long as we can control ourselves from infringing upon others' rights at the same time. In a perfect society, we'd have our freedom to do things like drive fast and smoke marijuana, but we'd also have the responsibility to control to what extent we do these things lest we accept the consequences of any violated rights and ONLY when we violate those rights. Freedom and responsibility--it's a beautiful relationship.

Rael
12-06-2010, 02:41 AM
http://vdn.veloworld.com/images/capt.38c49a12cf0144c195d4fea1e5580b3c.mexico_accid ent_mxjf101.jpg

Zippyjuan
12-06-2010, 02:45 AM
As a bike rider, that is a very scary picture. I have frends who have been injured by getting hit by a car- some seriously. I suffered a broken collarbone myself once- in Yugoslavia.

fisharmor
12-06-2010, 08:42 AM
MJ stays in your system for 30 days or possibly more.
If police do a urine or blood test, all they can say is that the individual used something with THC in it in the last 30 days.
If they did a road sobriety test, all they can tell you is that the driver was intoxicated.
There is no logical link between pot and DWI unless the cop sees the guy behind the wheel with a burning joint in his mouth.

This man committed a horrible crime, and he should suffer consequences for it.
The only effect that can possibly come from taking the drug into account is this:
it lessens the seriousness of what he did.
After all, it was because he was stoned that he did it in the first place, right?
All it does is make him less responsible for what he did.

In some jurisdictions you could actually get out of the multiple homicides because you were intoxicated.

That's bullshit.
All because we don't want people to have plants.

Bruno
12-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Often times the media will focus on marijuana consumption, but fail to mention the person had also been drinking. Wonder if that was the case, here.

I believe that was the situation with one of the popular Drugfree America commercials where a boy talks about how his brother hit a tree after smoking marijuana, when he had been drinking as well.

brandon
12-06-2010, 09:10 AM
That's a shame.

Some people can handle driving stoned just fine. Others can't. It's impossible to generalize.

When I was 18 and smoked pot everyday, it didn't effect my driving skills at all. If I were to smoke again today, after years of abstaining, I'm sure I would be far too gone to drive for at least a couple hours.

pcosmar
12-06-2010, 09:47 AM
In this country it is mostly drunk Americans killing people with their cars.

FALSE
Most auto fatalities are caused by sober drivers. By a large percentage.
:(

pcosmar
12-06-2010, 09:51 AM
As a bike rider, that is a very scary picture. I have frends who have been injured by getting hit by a car- some seriously. I suffered a broken collarbone myself once- in Yugoslavia.

I rode a bike exclusively in the Keys for several years (no drivers license)
I learned to stay the fuck out of the way of cars. You're not going to win the challenge.
;)

CountryboyRonPaul
12-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Maybe they should eliminate police cars.

I find those annoying lights behind me VERY distracting.

TruckinMike
12-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Safety Post ---

Note to bike riders:

I drive tens of thousands of miles every year --- I DO NOT RIDE MY BIKE on the highways if I can help it. Why? Because I have come across cyclists hundreds of times, many of which I barely saw in time to avoid catastrophe. Ride a mountain bike --- off road. (my eyesight is better than 20/15 - I'm tested every two years)

Think of what I just said the next time an 18 wheeler passes you on a two lane highway.

Note: all of the cyclists that I almost ran over were wearing light absorbing or non-reflective clothing. -- Here is a picture of the vest similar to what I wear while riding...Day or Night. And some of the reflective bike wear is no good - especially during the day. Some brands sell dark colors with reflective lines in the trim -- I call it death wear, not bike wear.

http://www.esafetysupplies.com/images/W/C3100.jpg
My vest is even brighter than this one - the reflective lines are wider as well as the yellow outline. This is what you should be wearing - at a minimum. I also used my DOT trailer marking reflective tape on my helmet --- That stuff reflects.

You may look like a dork, but at least you'll still be alive.

happy riding...:D

TMike

speciallyblend
12-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Often times the media will focus on marijuana consumption, but fail to mention the person had also been drinking. Wonder if that was the case, here.

I believe that was the situation with one of the popular Drugfree America commercials where a boy talks about how his brother hit a tree after smoking marijuana, when he had been drinking as well.

ditto that is what i was thinking. I have seen the domestic terrorists here in our country always mention pot but fail to mention the real cause alcohol! "Alcohol is the cause not the marijuana from 6-12 hrs ago or 2 days ago"!! anything to continue lies. There are actual studies that show marijuana smokers under the influence of marijuana only are more focused on driving and not impaired like drunk drivers!!

speciallyblend
12-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Safety Post ---

Note to bike riders:

I drive tens of thousands of miles every year --- I DO NOT RIDE MY BIKE on the highways if I can help it. Why? Because I have come across cyclists hundreds of times, many of which I barely saw in time to avoid catastrophe. Ride a mountain bike --- off road. (my eyesight is better than 20/15 - I'm tested every two years)

Think of what I just said the next time an 18 wheeler passes you on a two lane highway.

Note: all of the cyclists that I almost ran over were wearing light absorbing or non-reflective clothing. -- Here is a picture of the vest similar to what I wear while riding...Day or Night. And some of the reflective bike wear is no good - especially during the day. Some brands sell dark colors with reflective lines in the trim -- I call it death wear, not bike wear.

http://www.esafetysupplies.com/images/W/C3100.jpg
My vest is even brighter than this one - the reflective lines are wider as well as the yellow outline. This is what you should be wearing - at a minimum. I also used my DOT trailer marking reflective tape on my helmet --- That stuff reflects.

You may look like a dork, but at least you'll still be alive.

happy riding...:D

TMike

i ride bikes to but my only problem with mulitple riders is they fail to understand single file and in colorado that is the law as i am sure it is in many states!!

Primbs
12-06-2010, 12:01 PM
I ride a bike but worry more about cell phone distracted drivers. I am riding on the city sidewalks more often, but then I have to worry about hitting cell phone distracted pedestrians.